Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Brighton turned down in past and present, put here who you remember.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Storer68 said:
no - Wright scored a hat-trick in a trial match at the goldstone in 84 I think and cattlin certainly rated him as one for the futyre. Only trouble was that he also wanted to sign Steve Penney and the club couldn't afford both.

At the time Penney was the better prospect, so much so that 2 years after signing for us he was playing in the World Cup Finals in Mexico, so hardly a bad choice by catlin iIMHO.
the way wrighty tells it in his autobiograthy is that he scored 2 goals in 2 reserve games and was convinced just like his travelling partner perry digweed that he would get offered something but cattlin amazed everyone by offering him nothing.if penney was the reason then fair play cos he wasnt a bad player himself remember him murdering the pompey defence at fratton once but i thought this all happened when penney was at the albion

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Simster said:
That's because you're plump and quite shit. :clap2:

Harsh but fair. Once upon a time I was actually quite good.

Just managed to hire out a pub for the England v Surrender Monkey game, trouble is here it kicks off at 6.45am. Nothing like going to work on a Monday morning rat-arsed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
garethjamesuk said:
yeah i remember Paul Dickov as he was crap for us, and i didnt wanna sign him, remember people getting on his back, also believe he is a wrong player now for blackburn.
... also do you guys remember a Russian player called Sergei Gotsmonov, he left us after about 11 games to goto Southampton and played for russia when played for brighton, also played in world cup, and in program saying about brighton, i thought he was a good player, a winger.

Harsh. I remember Dickov being pretty good for us and being gutted that we couldn't have afforded a permanent deal.

Gotsmanov was Belarussian, not Russian. Good player though - whatever the nationality.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Yeah but didnt Gotsmonov get in Russia team for the world cup, as i remember seeing him in a teams squad in them sticker books you could buy, and i was a kid at time and remember being excited we had Gotsmonov or did have him i think at time and he was in world cup squad. Yeah i know we couldnt match southamptons offer for him. shame though.
Also i didnt think Dickov was that good although he scored i didnt want to sign him, i remember talking with friends and family about it.
Also does no one remember Perry or parry i cant remember which he was our player on loan from Arsenal and he left us went back to Arsenal and ended up playing for them in Europe same year he played a numberous of games for us, think it was with foster, codner etc etc. Good old Nelson he was good forward i prefered than Zamora etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here