Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players and Gus are gutted too

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Reading on Seagulls world, the players and Gus feel just as gutted. They knew how important this match was.

What I did not like seeing was people getting up and leaving after we went 1-2 down. Just stick with the team and see it through.

Roll on Saturday. Gus said this is the lowest he has felt as Brighton manager.
Postives we are still in the play offs. Trust in Gus, things will only get better.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
And they should be gutted, they gave Palace too much time on the ball, and with the odd exception, didn't want it enough. Gutted.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What I did not like seeing was people getting up and leaving after we went 1-2 down. Just stick with the team and see it through.
As I said on another thread, this is a problem that is exaggerated by the travel arrangements. People feel duty bound to watch a competitive team until the last minute but give them an excuse not to spend an extra 40 minutes in a queue at 10pm and they'll take it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reading on Seagulls world, the players and Gus feel just as gutted. They knew how important this match was.

So they f***ing well should be. And despite all the right things they've said this week, they clearly did NOT know what it meant. Not really.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Everyone's gutted.

I am finding NSC too miserable to read tonight, it reminds me of those people who sift through the burnt-out shells of their homes trying to find stuff to salvage.

Gus has got 3 days to organise, prepare and focus everyone for Saturday. He said he learnt stuff about his players tonight, but didn't allude to what. I guess we'll get an idea at Ipswich.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So they f***ing well should be. And despite all the right things they've said this week, they clearly did NOT know what it meant. Not really.

How would they? Most people under the age of 40 wouldn't really KNOW what it meant. In fact, I'm just over 40 and, to be honest, I'm annoyed but it's not the end of the world. I'm irritated that we've thrown away 5 points in 2 games far more than that we lost to a team who got it tactically spot on and deserved to win.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Take Nooney off when we're losing - score 3 goals, take him off when we're winning - concede 3 :(

Nooney showed big improvement for me with his distribution, was surprised to see him subbed.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Roll on Saturday. Gus said this is the lowest he has felt as Brighton manager.
Postives we are still in the play offs. Trust in Gus, things will only get better.

They should be gutted, however I think it showed today they don't really understand the depth feeling in this match! I left after the second went in because the game was gone and I live in Southampton, didn't fancy waiting an hour for a bus to P&R while seeing Palace celebrating, couldn't really give a f*** if you don't like it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is the lowest I have felt as an Albion fan since Gus breezed in. The worst for 2 years. Even at 1-0 up I just felt it was going to go wrong somehow, and the longer it went on, the more likely it looked we were going to f*** it up. I just didn't quite appreciate how badly though, even a draw would have felt like a defeat...but THAT.

Gus will put it right though, he's too damn good not to and so is this team. Three titanic matches in 6 days took their toll I think (thanks Sky). Not an excuse, but a factor.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nooney the only one to escape MY WRATH. The rest are *****.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not gutted. I'm frustrated and dismayed that we didn't learn from the leeds game, again backing off and allowing them time and space on the ball when our opponents attacked. We need to start getting hungry for possession when our opponents have the ball instead of letting them play.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is the lowest I have felt as an Albion fan since Gus breezed in. The worst for 2 years. Even at 1-0 up I just felt it was going to go wrong somehow, and the longer it went on, the more likely it looked we were going to f*** it up. I just didn't quite appreciate how badly though, even a draw would have felt like a defeat...but THAT.
Indeed.

All 1-0, I was just not convinced they wouldn't score
All 1-1, I clung on to the fact we deserved nothing more
And finally at 1-2 I clung on to the fact that at least Murray hadn't scored

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm not gutted. I'm frustrated and dismayed that we didn't learn from the leeds game, again backing off and allowing them time and space on the ball when our opponents attacked. We need to start getting hungry for possession when our opponents have the ball instead of letting them play.

This is a good point. Last season, the players let on more than once that there was far more emphasis placed on what they should be doing when we didn't have the ball than when we had it. In other words, attack-wise they had a fair amount of freedom. It seems like we've maybe got a bit ahead of ourselves at this level and need to get focussed on those basics again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed.

All 1-0, I was just not convinced they wouldn't score
All 1-1, I clung on to the fact we deserved nothing more
And finally at 1-2 I clung on to the fact that at least Murray hadn't scored

You just could not write a more horrifying script at what happened tonight. The jublilation of an early goal and us (initially) running rings round them. But then the slow, creeping fear as Palace took hold and dominated possession to the point that an equaliser was a matter of time.

After the initial trauma of their equaliser subsided and we had a couple of attacks and free kicks, I actually thought "this could be even better actually - to steal it in the last 5 minutes after they'd celebrated an equaliser would be even sweeter...."

Then they scored.
Then someone else did the unthinkable.
f*** it. I'm going to bed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You just could not write a more horrifying script at what happened tonight. The jublilation of an early goal and us (initially) running rings round them. But then the slow, creeping fear as Palace took hold and dominated possession to the point that an equaliser was a matter of time.

After the initial trauma of their equaliser subsided and we had a couple of attacks and free kicks, I actually thought "this could be even better actually - to steal it in the last 5 minutes after they'd celebrated an equaliser would be even sweeter...."

Then they scored.
Then someone else did the unthinkable.
f*** it. I'm going to bed.
I had that same thought.

And I too am going to bed. In the spare room. After a row with the wife before I had left the house. What a f***ing toilet evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here