Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players and Gus are gutted too

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You just could not write a more horrifying script at what happened tonight. The jublilation of an early goal and us (initially) running rings round them. But then the slow, creeping fear as Palace took hold and dominated possession to the point that an equaliser was a matter of time.

After the initial trauma of their equaliser subsided and we had a couple of attacks and free kicks, I actually thought "this could be even better actually - to steal it in the last 5 minutes after they'd celebrated an equaliser would be even sweeter...."

Then they scored.
Then someone else did the unthinkable.
f*** it. I'm going to bed.

You know, it's heresy to say it but I think tactically we were outdone tonight and that's why it's so unfair for people to slate individual players for lack of effort etc. Everyone could see the goal was coming so maybe we should have been more conservative and just tried to get a grip on the midfield. Gus gambled and, this time, it didn't pay off... other times it will. That's the way it goes.

Bedtime too. Just depressing - but it's only one result in a really enjoyable season so far.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wish I COULD sleep. I just keep getting that vision in my head of Ankergren lying on his arse flapping at the ball like a retard with a wasp bothering him.

No wonder the Leeds fans nicknamed him Comical Casper.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As I said on another thread, this is a problem that is exaggerated by the travel arrangements. People feel duty bound to watch a competitive team until the last minute but give them an excuse not to spend an extra 40 minutes in a queue at 10pm and they'll take it.

Plus the fact that it's Palace - and most people naturally want to avoid trouble. The people leaving around me were old folk and families with young children, understandable that they don't want to get to the station when it starts to kick off.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Indeed.

All 1-0, I was just not convinced they wouldn't score
All 1-1, I clung on to the fact we deserved nothing more
And finally at 1-2 I clung on to the fact that at least Murray hadn't scored
The Murray moment really wasn't the nightmare I was expecting. If he'd run off doing his stupid bloody celebration then yes. But he'd already played a massive part in winning them the game but his lack of ANY celebration for any of the goals was slight consolation, if anything.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
They should feel gutted and while they're at it remember that we will feel ammuch longer deeper pain than they will ever comprehend.

For twenty mins they were great but then they regressed further and further.

Worst performance of the season and I expect 100-% improvement and a thrashing of the scum in the return fixture in Jan.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
The Murray moment really wasn't the nightmare I was expecting. If he'd run off doing his stupid bloody celebration then yes. But he'd already played a massive part in winning them the game but his lack of ANY celebration for any of the goals was slight consolation, if anything.

Yes fair play to Murray for that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They should feel gutted and while they're at it remember that we will feel ammuch longer deeper pain than they will ever comprehend.

For twenty mins they were great but then they regressed further and further.

Worst performance of the season and I expect 100-% improvement and a thrashing of the scum in the return fixture in Jan.

If Painter & Dicker in the side, Freedman will simply play the DVD and say same again please.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Indeed.

All 1-0, I was just not convinced they wouldn't score
All 1-1, I clung on to the fact we deserved nothing more
And finally at 1-2 I clung on to the fact that at least Murray hadn't scored

I think you sum that up perfectly. It was a bloody horror show for me, a bad nightmare and I said to guy next door, this is bad for my health.

Typical Murray goal at the end and reminded me of what we had missed. Credit to him he at least he did not celebrate and rub further salt in to our wounds.

The part that annoys me the most is Palace now have bragging rights over us again. I bet they are loving the fact people started leaving early.

At the final whistle it hurt even more to see and hear them singing. Very very painful experience. Luckily for us people around us screwed up and we have managed to stay in the play off position. Well I would have taken that at the start of the season. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here