Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

player ratings

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Bennett was brilliant - spent 120 minutes polishing the Albion turd.

Everyone else seemed off the pace really. Slightly worried that Woking closed us down so easily, but we missed Painter and El Abd (did I really say that?). Elphick had a stinker I'm afraid - may be rusty?

The other player who just looked dreadful (I'm ignoring OGH - not fair to ask him to lead the line from the start) was Battipiedi. I had high hopes but he was just dreadful. Give them time but our second string players are not impressing yet.

Where was Smith?

PS I forgive Barnes for anything he may have done wrong because of that sublime header for the Sparrow goal. He does a lot of that and doesn't get credit.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Brez - 5 (Should he have come for the second goal)
Calde - 5
Greer - 5
Elphick - 4 (Got turned more times than a pepper mill)
Tanno - 4
Bennett - 6
Dicker - 4 (Lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away)
Kish - 5 (Great blocking tackle to recover Greer's mistake)
Spaz - 6 (looked good bursting forward but also gave the ball away)
Hart - 3 ( I love OGH, but christ was he bad)
Barnes - 3

Subs
Murray - 6 (put real pressure on their defense)
Batti - 3 (terrible)
Baz - 5

Ref - 1 (seemed too easily influenced by the crowd and the less said about the Tanno incident the better)

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
O f*** off mate, anyone with half a brain realises the league is the priority this yr. Would you be happy at the end of the yr if we didnt get promoted but had a lovely day out at(insert wanky premier league club)

Anybody with less brain than that should realise we had a Blue Square South side in front of us,both at home and away.We should have played our winning side against them first up which could have meant no game at Woking.

The league is the priority every year.But the cup is part of the fabric of our game.Only the pretentious believe we should emulate higher clubs and put out weakened sides to "save" ourselves for a league that isn't won yet,and believe it or not,may not be won at all.

Good sides have both,and there is an excellent thread on here about the 76/77 season that points that out.

Still,we can lose to FC United and come eighth and be totally happy bunnies,eh?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Am i the only one who thought Tarrico actually played ok all things considered.

No. I thought he did okay.

Lack of pace a bit of an issue, but apart from that, not bad. Distribution pretty good. Both his bookings were a nonsense.

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
This is why football is all about opinions.

We all have ours and rightly this forum gives us the opportunity to express them.

Gus has his and Mr Bloom allows him to express his.

Watching on telly in Manchester, I honestly thought OGH worked his socks off as usual, linked with Barnes and generally made a nuisance of himself.

Both our centre back were dire and E-Abd must have been inwardly laughing. They both seem to think they are Glen Hoddle spraying the ball about but time and time again it did not reach its target.

Brez - 6
Calderon - 6
Tarrico - 4 (minus one for sending off) Should know better than to chat
back
Tommy - 3
Greer - 4
Sparrow - 7
Dicker - 5
Bennett - 6
Kish - 6
OGH - 6
Barnes - 6

Murray - 5
Batti - 5
Baz - 5 (nearly minus one for penalty) not flair if saved!

shumanov

Nov 17, 2010
Bulgaria
Hi there! I watched yesterday's game mainly to see how my fellow-countryman Kishishev plays as this was Brighton's first televised match here in Bulgaria. And I think he did quite well. I was surprised to see him making such runs at this age (the one when he cleared the ball after a defender's mistake), didn't stop running the whole 1st half, also some nicely played long balls by him.
I think, with his experience, he'll be a valuable player, but I doubt he'll be able to play more that 50-60 minutes per game at most. I'm pretty sure this is going to be his last season in pro football and if he manages to help Brighton promote, then what better moment to hang up the boots than that.

I was somehow disappointed by the overall team play though, I think if you continue to play like this, it's going to be really hard to get promoted. Hope you do better in your next game, I'll keep an eye on the team and follow the results.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Spoke with a Woking fan after the game and complimented him on his teams great performance, his reply, I agree ,its a pity that we dont play like that in the league. On our players performances,I thought that we were mediocre, Dicker in the 2nd half I thought was playing for the opposition. our defence was poor, our midfield inefective, and our forwards abismal, we could not find a way through their defence, and our attempts on goal would have graced a park team, I thought that Kis was one of our better players, not one of the reserves playing warranted a move to the 1st team, but as you are all saying,this game is now behind us and we must concentrate on the next game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here