Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

player ratings

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
In my opinion no-one should get any more than a 6. Poor display, and none of the players done themselves any good, with the exception of Sparrow maybe.

EDIT: after giving it more thought, i doubt any of them deserved a 6.

Last edited:

Sep 1, 2010
Brez 2
Calde 2
Greer 1
Tarrico 1
Elphick 0
Sparrow 2
Bennett 3
Dicker 3
Kish 1
Hart 2
Barnes 1

subs
Murray 0
Baz 8
Batti 2

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Unlike the couldn't give a f*****s,I could give one.

This is the FA Cup,the domestic premier cup probably in the world.We have a non league team in front of us.We have a lower level non league club next if we win.A chance to play against a top team to prove how good we really are.

We pick a team including the assistant manager who hasn't played since Noah was a boy,and OGH who is a favourite of mine but is past his sell by date.

Are we so big a club now that we can afford to let this chance go by?

Am I alone in thinking that we should have played as strong a team as possible not just tonight but in the firsat game - which could have saved us this marvelous win tonight ?

Right,Gus is the manager,but he obviously doesn't rate the cups.That's great if we get promoted,but there's still the chance that won't happen,isn't there ?

In the past the good teams have played well in league AND cup.

Am I alone in thinking we are not yet Arsenal or Manchester United ?

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
How anyone can give Dicker more than 3 amazes me. Every ball went to a Woking player.Sparrow's attacking play was ok but his midfield display was awful. Greer and Elphick were dire and El Abd is the only consistent central defender we have got. Up front Hart looked completely out of his depth and Barnes and Murray never looked like scoring this side of christmas. Let's hope this is a blip and we can get back to winning ways against Brizzle Rovers on Saturday, but on the last three displays I am not banking on it. HAVE WE BEEN SUSSED OUT. If so what is Plan B.:albion2:

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Unlike the couldn't give a f*****s,I could give one.

This is the FA Cup,the domestic premier cup probably in the world.We have a non league team in front of us.We have a lower level non league club next if we win.A chance to play against a top team to prove how good we really are.

We pick a team including the assistant manager who hasn't played since Noah was a boy,and OGH who is a favourite of mine but is past his sell by date.

Are we so big a club now that we can afford to let this chance go by?

Am I alone in thinking that we should have played as strong a team as possible not just tonight but in the firsat game - which could have saved us this marvelous win tonight ?

Right,Gus is the manager,but he obviously doesn't rate the cups.That's great if we get promoted, but there's still the chance that won't happen,isn't there ?

In the past the good teams have played well in league AND cup.

Am I alone in thinking we are not yet Arsenal or Manchester United ?

O f*** off mate, anyone with half a brain realises the league is the priority this yr. Would you be happy at the end of the yr if we didnt get promoted but had a lovely day out at(insert wanky premier league club)

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How anyone can give Greer a higher rating than tommy is beyond me

you jest

Greer was just bad

Elphick was absolutely awful

We won and there was a certain edge of the seat excitement to it at times but it was a bad night at the office all round with really only Sparrow and Bennett getting more than a very average 6. Felt sorry for Barnes and for Murray as playing alongside Hart must have been very hard indeed. The man is a legend but tonight he was abysmal and it must surely be time to end his first team career as a centre forward. If he has to play at least put him out wide where the little bit of pace he has can be of use but every time he jumped for a ball tonight he mistimed it and looked like a park player

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Funny game really. I actually thought bennett was outstanding, he never stopped running and looked like he cared about the game unlike the rest. Our only creative player tonight so i give him a lot of credit. Sparrow was also very good. The rest were exceptionally poor, it all looked very complacent to me. Im a big fan of both greer and dicker but i thought they both had their worst games for us tonight. I really dont want to criticise OGH either but he was totally anonymous tonight, that could be it for him in the stripes.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Funny game really. I actually thought bennett was outstanding, he never stopped running and looked like he cared about the game unlike the rest. Our only creative player tonight so i give him a lot of credit. Sparrow was also very good. The rest were exceptionally poor, it all looked very complacent to me. Im a big fan of both greer and dicker but i thought they both had their worst games for us tonight. I really dont want to criticise OGH either but he was totally anonymous tonight, that could be it for him in the stripes.

Agree with most of that but thought Barnes did well too, aerially looked good and afew nice runs off the ball and cut backs

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Bang on. Saved me typing. I'm one of Dicker's biggest fan but he was woeful tonight. Gus didn't care, the players didn't care, even the fans that were there didn't seem that interested in the game to be honest.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Barnes had 3 good chances tonight but looked like he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. :tantrum: Even though it was a good header to set up first goal

Elliot Bennett and Matt Sparrow were the only players that looked half decent tonight....

But we won, we're through so lets put it behind us and move onto Saturday, which is all that really counts.

well done Woking for battling. :albion1:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Sparrow got caught napping far too easily and was sloppy. Elphick got mugged too many times.
Best players by far were Dicker and Bennett.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Brezovan - 7
Taricco - 4
Elphick - 7
Greer - 6
Calderon - 7
Dicker - 7
Bennett - 8
Sparrow - 8 MoM
Kish - 7
Barnes - 8
Hart - 6
Battipiedi - 4
Murray - 7
Baz - 10 for the pen :p (7)

Possibly the most ridiculous thing ever posted on NSC.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Sparrow got caught napping far too easily and was sloppy. Elphick got mugged too many times.
Best players by far were Dicker and Bennett.

We must have been watching different Gary Dicker's. Thought it was easily his worst performance in an Albion shirt.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Am i the only one who thought Tarrico actually played ok all things considered.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brezovan - 5 - Not yet himself.

Taricco - 6 - Would be (7), but for sending off.
Calderon - 6 - Outpaced a few times and distribution lacked normal quality
Greer - 7 - Steady, unfortunate OG, covered for Elphick most of the match
Elphick - 4 - Really disappointed, just an off-day..... hopefully

Kishi - 7 - Will need him vs Southampton
Elliott - 6 - Good goal, delivery on crosses not there at the moment
Sparrow - 7 - Good runs, could have had a couple.
Dicker - 5 - Very rare off-day

Barnes - 6 - Movement ok, and good assist for 1st goal, but didn't impose himself.
Hart - 4 - Poor

Batti - 5 - did not pick up the pace of the game.
Murray - 5 - flitted in and out, when he came on. Not a threat
Baz - 5 - didn't do a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here