Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings

Oct 25, 2003
No it wouldn't. He made a couple of saves yesterday that any other league goalkeeper would be expected to make and questions would be asked if he hadn't of made them.

He's a liability and MUST be shown the door. As I've said before though I think we're stuck with him as nobody else is stupid enough to want him.
:down:

:clap2::clap2:

'LIABILITY'

god i've heard it ALL now

if you consider kuipers to be any more of a liability than any of the CLOWNS that were playing in front of him then you're clearly MENTAL

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have watched the goals on The Championship and my opinion is that the first goal was as a result of FDM making a spectacular leap to what appearred to be an easily catchable shot from some distance that he should have caught or at least pushed over the line for a corner. This goal was not Adam El Abds fault. The 2nd goal was down to AE being well beaten out wide when as a central defender he shouldnt have been exposed in the left back position but when the ball was crossed Kuipers was very badly positioned and nobody in the defence got a foot in. So a very bad defensive goal all round, with a number being responsible for contributing to it. The third goal was good play by Carlisle in which a player left Livermore sitting on his arse before playing a one two which totally exposed AE. AE should have got a foot in but he was on the back foot and highly likely to have conceeded a penalty if he had got a tackle in. Again a verty bad defensive goal. I have been saying, almost all of last season that we should bring in a defensive coach just to work with the back four. When he was injured and still being paid by us I suggested Jason Dodd but I am sure that Tank would do an admirable job.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
:clap2::clap2:

'LIABILITY'

god i've heard it ALL now

if you consider kuipers to be any more of a liability than any of the CLOWNS that were playing in front of him then you're clearly MENTAL

Was he at fault for yesterday goal? - Yes
Do lots of fans cover their eyes when the ball goes near him? - Yes
Is his distribution the worst from a Brighton keeper in the last 30 years? - Yes
Is his positioning bloody awful? - Yes

Right, if you think that doesn't make him a liability then it's you thats clearly mental.

Oct 25, 2003
I have been saying, almost all of last season that we should bring ina defensive coach just to work with the back four. When he was injured and still being paid by us I suggested Jason Dodd but I am sure that Tank would do an admirable job.

agreed

or atleast an experienced centre back on the ROSTER

Oct 25, 2003
Was he at fault for yesterday goal? - Yes
Do lots of fans cover their eyes when the ball goes near him? - Yes
Is his distribution the worst from a Brighton keeper in the last 30 years? - Yes
Is his positioning bloody awful? - Yes

Right, if you think that doesn't make him a liability then it's you thats clearly mental.

Was he at fault for yesterday goal?

which one? there was clearly no goal where kuipers was solely at fault, as with every single one there was someone else equally (if you insist on pursuing with your little agenda) or more at fault than him...........so NO

Do lots of fans cover their eyes when the ball goes near him?

errrrrrr.......no

Is his distribution the worst from a Brighton keeper in the last 30 years?

i've not been alive 30 years so wouldn't know......but its not great but not a major problem imo

Is his positioning bloody awful?

not really, no

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he was at fault or could have done a lot better with 1st and 2nd goal.

His kicking is poor because he gains a lot of height but no direction or distance and he is very slow at releasing the ball makinga quick counter attack virtually impossible.

His positioning for an experienced keepr is worrying but the one thing in his favour is his on the line saving which is generally very good.

His command of the 6yd box for a man of his size and statue is not as good as iot should be.

In summary he would be adequate if the back line in front of him was more reliable which unfortunately it isnt.

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Was he at fault for yesterday goal?

which one? there was clearly no goal where kuipers was solely at fault, as with every single one there was someone else equally (if you insist on pursuing with your little agenda) or more at fault than him...........so NO

Do lots of fans cover their eyes when the ball goes near him?

errrrrrr.......no

Is his distribution the worst from a Brighton keeper in the last 30 years?

i've not been alive 30 years so wouldn't know......but its not great but not a major problem imo

Is his positioning bloody awful?

not really, no

Well if you can't admit those 4 simple FACTS then you are beyond help.

Don't know where you sit at Withdean but around me wherever I sit people are always shitting themselves when the ball goes near him. It's quite funny when we already have the game won but when the match is competitive it is a nightmare. Barnet was a great example, we were 4 nil up so it didn't matter but his antics had people rolling in the ailes.

I can assure you that his distribution (one of a goalkeepers most important attributes along with positioning and shot stopping) is the worst from a Brighton keeper since I've been watching. I started watching when Eric Steele was in goal and have seen every goalkeeper we've had since then.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Got back from the game at about 10 tonight after a f***ing long journey there and back, and i feel sorry for all those who had to travel up from brighton and back again, as we cut a little bit off the journey!

Just a few points, and a little disclaimer before i start, I am not normally a negative fan, and i hate fans that moan all the time, but today i was so mightly pissed off at our performance.

1) adam el-abd is not a centre back. And to be honest he was absolute cack today, and played a part in all of their goals. I dont know how 'shit' hawkins has been playing recently, as everyone has been saying, because I havent to been see us since play for a couple of months, but f*** me it would be amazing if he has been worse than el-abd was today.

2) Fleetwood was so lazy it was un-believable. A lot on here have been going on about how murray is lazy etc, well fleetwood was rubbish today, he didnt jump for any ball, missed a sitter from 6 yards put, and looked like he couldnt be bothered.

3) Where the f*** was our midfield?? non-existant and they owned us in the middle of the park.

4) That Johnsen from leeds, its the first time i've seen him today, and he can go straight back as far as i'm concerned. He was at fault for their 3rd goal as he lost possesion and then just gave up and didn't track back and try to get the ball back (which was one of the things that annoyed me the most today). Far to fancy and tried to run the ball in himself rather than use team-mates.

5) The fact than when-ever we had possesion today there was absolutly no support for the man who had the ball, it was as if the players where saying f*** it you've got the ball it's your problem.

6) And finally, the thing that annoyed me and most of our fans, including my dad who spent £200 on petrol, tickets and food etc today for me and my brothers, was that most of our players looked completly un-interested, and couldnt really give a f***. We made a team who haden't won in 2 months look like world-beaters. The only players who deserve any credit today are kuipers, elphick and murray.

As i said earlier I wouldnt normally feast out with such a negative reaction like this as i try to be positive, but today was such a shower of shite, as shown by micky's apology to the fans on the website, that i'm not really left with anything positive to say, and that the players efforts levels were an absolute piss-take to those that had made the long journey to support the team.

And finally, my dad has been a fan of the albion for the best part of 40 years, and he really is the only reason i started supporting the albion, as I have never liveed in brighton or anywhere near, and today was the only time i've seen him lost for words, and actually wondering why he's gone to the game. And when things like that are hapening to loyal supporters like him (and to an extent me as well) I worry for this club, because on the way home we both said that it's put us off going to se the albion for the rest of this season, especially as we are no-were near enough to go to home games.

And to be honest I hope that players or higher-up of the club read this because I love the albion, but today i was left wondering why i'd bothered going all the way to carlisle to watch A pile of shit

I'm not going to bother to give ratings as I feel that only Kuipers elphick and murray scored anything more than a 4/10.

Excellent post mate. I am at the other end as i am trying to get my young sons to turn away from the big four and support their local team. have taken them twice this season and both times it was absolute shit! Adams has never had much tactical awareness but at least could motivate players to perform when he was here before. I am seriously depressed and worried. I hope he turns it round but the evidence of Leicester, Coventry and Colchester suggests eitherwise.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kuipers - 5 - at fault for the first, dodgy for the second, but a couple of good stops
Whing - 3 - Anonymous
Richards - 2 - absolute toilet
El-abd - 0 - disgraceful performance, at fault for all of them
Elphick - 7 - Thank the lord we have one defender who looks competent
Cox - 2 - crossing shit. Set pieces shit.
Livermore - 6 - looks useful, but booked a lot.
Johnson - 1 - has a good shot, does nothing else
Anyinsah - 1 - not good enough, send him back
Murray - 7 - looked good but in WIDE positions - where Anyinsah and Cox should be if they weren't so hopeless.
Fleetwood - 2 - missed a free header, laziest palyer I've ever seen in that he challenges for NOTHING at all!

McLard - fat as usual - 2
Forster - 2 - did nothing at all
Fraser - an EMBARRASSING sub.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For those who only watched the highlights , you need to know what happened in the preceding 10 seconds of what was shown on TV.

1-0 Kebab tried to dribble the ball to near the half way line where he lost possession , fell over and struggled to get back to a defensive position.

2-0 Kebab floundered about just like Jobbie Savage did at Hartlepool three weeks ago , Carlisle take it to the byline and get the cross in.

3-0 Tussle in the centre circle , ref doesn't blow his whistle for a foul and Carlisle play a quick one-two to set up their third.

3-1 Carlisle defender sticks out a leg to stop a shot being taken.

The team have to take overall responsibilty for the woeful display as Carlisle had numerous chances and made us look like turds.

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
Well if you can't admit those 4 simple FACTS then you are beyond help.

Don't know where you sit at Withdean but around me wherever I sit people are always shitting themselves when the ball goes near him. It's quite funny when we already have the game won but when the match is competitive it is a nightmare. Barnet was a great example, we were 4 nil up so it didn't matter but his antics had people rolling in the ailes.

I can assure you that his distribution (one of a goalkeepers most important attributes along with positioning and shot stopping) is the worst from a Brighton keeper since I've been watching. I started watching when Eric Steele was in goal and have seen every goalkeeper we've had since then.

you're right! maybe you sit near me cos every time the ball is near the 6 yard box i let out a cry of anguish; and a loud noooooooooooooooooo. and a sigh of relief when kuipers catches it and does not try and punch it.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Kuipers - 6 - At fault for one but kept the score down, poor kicking
Whing - 4 - Poor
Richards - 2 - Beaten every time
El-abd - 2 - Positionally poor and generally rubbish
Elphick - 5 - Positionally poor, needs a leader along side him
Cox - 2 - Never going to make it
Livermore - 6 - Made a bad taclke but looks like a good player
Johnson - 2 - Was he on the pitch
Anyinsah - 4 - Their left back had the better of him
Murray - 7 - Worked hard and was at the centre of anything that was good
Fleetwood - 1 - Toilet

McLard - 1 - 4th Division player
Forster - 4 - Tried
Fraser - 1 - Pony

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Kuipers 6 - Some good saves but did he need to make a silly save before 1st goal?
Whing 4 - Too average
Elphick 6 - A class above the rest of these wankers
El Abd -100 - f***ing shit, i want to tear up his contract and kill him
Richards - 4 - Average
Cox 5 - Didnt do that bad in first half IMO, just really shit set pieces
Johnson 4 - Did nothing in midfield, had a few decent shots that could have led to goals, but not good enough
Anyinsah 2 - Worst game yet, really shit. I was told he had 'pace' JOKER
Livermore 5 - Started really shit and is a dirty bastard. But he improved alot during the rest of game and was one of best players in the end.
Murray 7 - Class above the rest, kept being caught out wide as the rest of the the time was so SHIT
Fleetwood 1 - RUBBISH

McLeod 2 - Did NOTHING
Fraser - 10 - f*** OFF
Forster 6 - Lost the ball a few times but didnt have a midfield to support him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here