Player Ratings

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Kuipers 7 - Several good saves that kept the score respectable

Whing 5 - poor display

Elphick 6 - Not one of his better displays, not at all commanding but he did ok

El Abd 4 - poor distribution, constantly pulled out of position, couple of tackles though that thwarted dangerous moves

Richards 5 - good goal but poor defending throughout

Anyinsah 5 - started off ok with a few good runs but drifted completely out of the match

Livermore 5 - silly booking early on, not in the game

Johnson 4 - looked like a player who thinks he's too good to be playing for us and knows he won't be here for long

Cox 6 - worked hard for the first 20 minutes but then struggled to do anything purposeful

Murray 7 - let down by a complete lack of support but our MoM if anyone can be called that after today's performance

Fleetwood 4 - seemed completely out of his depth

Subs:

Forster 6 - worked hard, one of the very few players who actually seemed to be trying

McLeod 4 - I'm struggling to remember anything at all he did

Fraser 5 - very poor distribution, contributed nothing

Oct 25, 2003
I must emphasise I wasnt at the game and SCR, who are supposed to be clued up on football , said that he pushed the ball wide of the goal and it ran to Kavanagh who crossed it back into the 6 yd area for the goal.

that's basically right yeah......but missing out a fair bit

1. el-abd went WALKIES which gifted them the chance in the first place

2. although kuipers didn't push it out for a corner- the defence should've EASILY been able to deal with it........starting with not leaving kavanagh COMPLETELY open, and secondly closing him down a LITTLE BIT

it definitely wasn't kuipers' fault, as most people AT the game would testify

so maybe give it up yeah?:thumbsup:

Although not near where I was sitting, which was largely populated by fans who only see the Albion a few times per season. OK, the situations that lead to first half goals were created by El Abd but Kuipers should not have beat the ball out as he did so it's an error in my book which led directly to the goal (sorry BG it was the 2nd one after all). IMO good goalkeeping is not just about being a good shot stopper (which Kuipers undoubtably is); I also thought his kicking was poor and distribution too slow.

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
Kuipers 6 - Some good saves but needs to organise the shambles of a defence more

Whing 5 - Made to look good by other defenders. Not saying much.

Elphick 6 - One bright spark in the gloom which is the defence.

El Abd 1 - Gets 1 simply as i dont give 0's. Hopefully he can bounce back from the nightmare that was today.

Richards 3 - Good goal but not his job to score, its his job to stop them so he failed.

Anyinsah 2- He was annonymous for most of the time until he got the ball then he was poor

Livermore 5 - Sort it out Adams

Johnson 2 - A sort of shit milan baros. Seems to be unaware he is playing a team game.

Cox 1 - My Nan has put in better corners than that. Unbelivable it took him til half time to be subbed.

Glenn 6 - Hopefully him, elphick, forster and kuipers get some sort of bonus for showing the crowd some players still give a toss.

Fleetwood 1 - Thought he had been sent off he went missing so often

Subs:

Forster 5 - Still not at his previous best but at least provided some energy

McLeod 2 - Poor and contributed little.

Fraser 2 - Mediocre is being kind

If you seriously think either of those are an issue, then you must have a list of literally TWENTY things for each of our outfield players that you don't like.

If there's one MYTH that really needs ending, it's that Michel can't kick.

Too lofted ALL the time - as I've said before he kicks as if he's got a 9 iron for a right boot.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Got back from the game at about 10 tonight after a f***ing long journey there and back, and i feel sorry for all those who had to travel up from brighton and back again, as we cut a little bit off the journey!

Just a few points, and a little disclaimer before i start, I am not normally a negative fan, and i hate fans that moan all the time, but today i was so mightly pissed off at our performance.

1) adam el-abd is not a centre back. And to be honest he was absolute cack today, and played a part in all of their goals. I dont know how 'shit' hawkins has been playing recently, as everyone has been saying, because I havent to been see us since play for a couple of months, but f*** me it would be amazing if he has been worse than el-abd was today.

2) Fleetwood was so lazy it was un-believable. A lot on here have been going on about how murray is lazy etc, well fleetwood was rubbish today, he didnt jump for any ball, missed a sitter from 6 yards put, and looked like he couldnt be bothered.

3) Where the f*** was our midfield?? non-existant and they owned us in the middle of the park.

4) That Johnsen from leeds, its the first time i've seen him today, and he can go straight back as far as i'm concerned. He was at fault for their 3rd goal as he lost possesion and then just gave up and didn't track back and try to get the ball back (which was one of the things that annoyed me the most today). Far to fancy and tried to run the ball in himself rather than use team-mates.

5) The fact than when-ever we had possesion today there was absolutly no support for the man who had the ball, it was as if the players where saying f*** it you've got the ball it's your problem.

6) And finally, the thing that annoyed me and most of our fans, including my dad who spent £200 on petrol, tickets and food etc today for me and my brothers, was that most of our players looked completly un-interested, and couldnt really give a f***. We made a team who haden't won in 2 months look like world-beaters. The only players who deserve any credit today are kuipers, elphick and murray.

As i said earlier I wouldnt normally feast out with such a negative reaction like this as i try to be positive, but today was such a shower of shite, as shown by micky's apology to the fans on the website, that i'm not really left with anything positive to say, and that the players efforts levels were an absolute piss-take to those that had made the long journey to support the team.

And finally, my dad has been a fan of the albion for the best part of 40 years, and he really is the only reason i started supporting the albion, as I have never liveed in brighton or anywhere near, and today was the only time i've seen him lost for words, and actually wondering why he's gone to the game. And when things like that are hapening to loyal supporters like him (and to an extent me as well) I worry for this club, because on the way home we both said that it's put us off going to se the albion for the rest of this season, especially as we are no-were near enough to go to home games.

And to be honest I hope that players or higher-up of the club read this because I love the albion, but today i was left wondering why i'd bothered going all the way to carlisle to watch A pile of shit

I'm not going to bother to give ratings as I feel that only Kuipers elphick and murray scored anything more than a 4/10.

Is that REALLY a problem though?
Not if you're playing on the pitch and put at Rottingdean.
Imo Kuipers kicking is predictable, slows down the game and allows the opposition players time to get into position to defend.

Sullivan looked like he had a DRIVER on his foot! As long as it clears half way and stays in play I don't see what else a keeper can do.

So punt it over the half way line, keep it in play and errr........ hope? Is this really what you think a goalkeeper's role should be? What about passing or throwing the ball to your own players so as to develop/exploit/maximise any possible attacking advantage?

I also don't see what any of this this has to do with Sullivan's (or any other goalkeeper's) strengths and weaknesses.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Chef - 7 - saved us from a cricket score.
Whingy - 4 - one of the back two yesterday.
Elf - 6 - another player fit to wear the shirt and 50% of the defence.
Kebab - 0 - nightmare performance that could lead to a loan spell at Lewes.
Matty - 1 - looked out of his depth.
Annie - 2 - the complete opposite of Tony Towner.
Livvo - 3 - back on the bench for Tuesday ?
Johnson - 2 - who ?
Tiny - 1 - absolutely tosh at free kicks and corners.
Muzza - 6 - gave it his best.
Fleetwood - 1 - inconspicuous.

Foz - 6 - came on for 2nd half and played well.
Macca - 2 - only slightly better than Tiny.
Fraser - 3 - nearly scored but didn't.

Referee - 4 - turned a blind eye to many incidents including a foul in the centre circle being ignored which led to Carlisle's 3rd goal , shirt tugging and the like. Linos were hesitant in using their flags and waiting for a nod from the ref.

Brighton's 5th Man of the match (after Chef, Elf, Muzza & Fozzy) - Malcolm Stuart - a very brief appearance in the 2nd half to treat an Albion player down in the box.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Just seen the goals Kipper was definitely at fault for their second goal. I'm not too downbeat about the loss though - it was obvious a defeat was on the cards as soon as that clown was named in goal.

Get Sullivan back in and show Kipper the door.

Oct 25, 2003
Just seen the goals Kipper was definitely at fault for their second goal. I'm not too downbeat about the loss though - it was obvious a defeat was on the cards as soon as that clown was named in goal.

Get Sullivan back in and show Kipper the door.

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

god you're TIRESOME

it would've been atleast 5 if it wasn't for kuipers

chez

Jul 5, 2003
If you seriously think either of those are an issue, then you must have a list of literally TWENTY things for each of our outfield players that you don't like.

If there's one MYTH that really needs ending, it's that Michel can't kick.

The only way it can be ended is if the clown learned to kick properly. I think though that his awful positioning is becoming just as big a worry as his pub team distribution.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

god you're TIRESOME

it would've been atleast 5 if it wasn't for kuipers

No it wouldn't. He made a couple of saves yesterday that any other league goalkeeper would be expected to make and questions would be asked if he hadn't of made them.

He's a liability and MUST be shown the door. As I've said before though I think we're stuck with him as nobody else is stupid enough to want him.
:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here