Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Not a big fan of empiricists. More of a rationalist.

Descarte - 8.5. The .5 is for spending half his life living in an oven. Or something like that.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I never knew that until I saw Mark Steele on Room101 which was an excellent episode.

No rating for Kant then?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
,Racon had an absolute nightmare & should of been taken off, , continually lost the ball, held on to the ball when he shouldve released it , released the ball when he should hold it & often seems to have trouble staying upright. I dont see the fascination with him & will be relieved when El-Abd is back.

You obviously ddnt watch the same game as me in which Raccon was linking up well with Thomson that made them the heart of our team and gave us the eventual win. Whenever he lost the ball, through trying to play football he went and retrieved it. Overall a very inmpressive display and had a he done the same against Port Vale we might well have been celebrating now.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kuipers - 5
Whing - 6
Butters - 5
Elphick - 7
Mayo - 1
Thomson - 8
Racon - 8
Cox - 5
Westlake - 7
Murray - 7
Dixon - 6

Now you're just being childish.

Kuipers 5
Whing 6
Butters 6
Elphick 7
Mayo 6

Cox 6
Thomson 5
Racon 5
Westlake 6

Murray 6
Dixon 5

Gatting 5
Robinson 5
Lynch 5

Incidentally, can anyone explain the point of shouting abuse at Gatting just as he was coming on?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It would be interesting to see people's ratings in conjunction with where they sit in the ground.

From the middle of the South Stand, for example, I thought Racon was essentially crap, and people giving him an 8 on here is astonishing. But maybe those people sit on the other side of the pitch. One crunching tackle (to redeem himself after giving it away again) does not make an afternoon.

Similarly, I'm not convinced the round of applause afforded to Butters when he went off was a reflection of his performance as much as a recognition from the South Stand that we might have seen the last of him. He was shown up for pace, got caught too frequently on the wrong side of players, and resorted to giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. "Solid in the air"? That's the least you'd expect from a centre half surely, and unworthy of a 7 or 8 in itself.

Thomson might be one of those who's not noticed much when he's playing, but missed when he's not. I reckoned he was better today, quietly effective even if he does sound like Jeanette Krankie when he shouts at players.

The front two got sod all service, so it's difficult to fault their efforts. Makes you realise how much Forster gets through when he plays.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kuipers - 3 Parried several shots into the danger zone that could have held or at least done more with, including the goal.

Whing - 7 Solid and got up in support of attacks.
Elphick - 6 Did ok but they ran through our defence far too easily, it's hard to place individual blame but also can't really say the defence played well when the opposition got past so many times.
Butters - As above
Mayo - 5 Not great, but not awful either.

Cox - 6 A frustrating mixed bag which sums up his season, put over some good crosses first half though, set up the goal and scored the winner...
Racon - 6 Good first half, poor second.
Thompson - Ditto Racon, we didn't get near the ball in midfield for most of the second half.
Westlake - 6 Doesn't always seem to be in the game, but put over some good balls and I was slightly surprised he was subbed.

Murray - 7 Won everything in the air, one or two things didn't quite come off (backheel to no one :lol: ) but generally played well.
Dixon - 4 I know he's only just stepped up, hardly played since January, not played at this level etc. But he hasn't looked the part so far in either game. He doesn't seem to have the intelligence, the movement isn't there and doesn't judge the flight of the ball well. Also in two games he's yet to even look like having a shot let alone scoring. Hope I'm wrong but he doesn't look like a League One player.

Robinson - didn't do a lot, I think he was involved in the build up to the goal though? Gave the ball away before theirs but in fairness there should have been someone getting on the end of that pass, the midfield was static. And there were plenty more players behind the ball....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Similarly, I'm not convinced the round of applause afforded to Butters when he went off was a reflection of his performance as much as a recognition from the South Stand that we might have seen the last of him. He was shown up for pace, got caught too frequently on the wrong side of players, and resorted to giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. "Solid in the air"? That's the least you'd expect from a centre half surely, and unworthy of a 7 or 8 in itself.

yeah, but he does post on nsc. that gives him an extra 2 marks automatically. and qualifies him to be given a coaching role next season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dixon - 4 I know he's only just stepped up, hardly played since January, not played at this level etc. But he hasn't looked the part so far in either game. He doesn't seem to have the intelligence, the movement isn't there and doesn't judge the flight of the ball well. Also in two games he's yet to even look like having a shot let alone scoring. Hope I'm wrong but he doesn't look like a League One player.

I was a little disappointed with him because he doesnt seem to be able to read the game and know where to be for the flick ons and triangles. To give him the benefit of the doubt I think that he needs more time on the training ground to get to know how his team mates play.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It would be interesting to see people's ratings in conjunction with where they sit in the ground.

From the middle of the South Stand, for example, I thought Racon was essentially crap, and people giving him an 8 on here is astonishing. But maybe those people sit on the other side of the pitch. One crunching tackle (to redeem himself after giving it away again) does not make an afternoon.

Thomson might be one of those who's not noticed much when he's playing, but missed when he's not. I reckoned he was better today, quietly effective even if he does sound like Jeanette Krankie when he shouts at players.

The front two got sod all service, so it's difficult to fault their efforts. Makes you realise how much Forster gets through when he plays.

Block G South Stand ... and to be fair to Racon, although he did indeed have a crap second half, I thought he played very well before half time. Maybe someone pt something in his tea.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
You weren't there, please choose another thread.

The fact you gave Elphick an 8 for Saturday says it all. He is completely over-rated and can apparantly do no wrong, even if he has an average or even poor game.
(How many times did they get through our defence?)

When will people's personal opinons of players stop overshadowing how good or bad they actually played?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here