Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Orient

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Haven't seen a game since Rushden with living in NYC and all .... conclusion ... we're still rubbish. One period of play when we strung together about 20 passes culminating in a shot, but not much else.

MOM for me was Dickinson. Amazing, 'cos I previously thought he was crap, but a big improvement in all aspects of his play.

Brezovan 6. Couple of nice saves. Not much else to do. Kicking poor.

Hoyte 5. Not good enough. Whing would be better choice. ElAbd should have moved to RB and Hoyte come off when the subs made.

Tunnicliffe 6. OK. Tried to get forward a couple of times.

Elphick 5. Some very aimless hoofing, but what's new.

ElAbd 6. Our best defender. Why take him off?

Bennett 6. OK in flashes.

Crofts 6. Our best midfielder. Shame about the two yellows.

Navarro 5. Anonymous.

McNulty 6. Looked class at times in wide left role, but not consistent. OK when moved back to defence.

Dickinson 8. MOM. First time I've seen him head the ball ... and he did it a lot! Tireless running. Some great flicks. Held the ball up well. Defended well. Great performance.

Forster 6. Not at his best.

Subs:
Cox 4. Why bring him on? Too lightweight. Poor use of the ball.
Murray 6. Did OK.
Hart 5. Really didn't do a lot except give away a couple of free kicks.

Manager 7. For doing the best he could with a poor squad and for the attacking substitutions. But why Cox?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Brezovan 3 - he's shit, get rid.

Hoyte 4 - raped constantly by their winger.
Elphick 3 - part of a defence that almost let the most impotent team in history score. Someone do the decent thing and put him down.
Tunnicliffe 2 - managed to do the IMPOSSIBLE and ensure Elphick wasn't our worst defender.
El Abd 5 - he's shit of course, but did manage to maintain respectability just about today.

Bennett 4 - lost his form, can't beat anyone at the moment.
Crofts 2 - just as anonymous as ever. Captain my arse.
Navarro 3 - awful.
McNulty 3 - first time I've ever seen him play badly.

Forster 3 - time to say goodbye.
Dickinson 5 - did at least want it which is more than can be said for most of the fraudsters.

Subs:
Cox 3 - pathetic, get rid.
Hart 2 - nothing.
Murray 3 - didn't want to be there.

:ohmy:

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Keeper did OK
El Abd is not a left back
Elphick - some good headers
Hoyte - winger got behind him 2nd half
Midfield - simply not strong enough
Dickinson - excellent. Battling style

Ref - twat. Far too picky. Clearly doesn't like tackling

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Forster 3 - time to say goodbye.

I'm sure you love to exaggerate things for the shock and attention so I don't often take you too seriously but this comment winds me up.

It most certainly is NOT time to say goodbye to Forster. Club captain, class act, and is easily the most successful player in our squad. I doubt there'll be many others in our side who enjoy a career as impressive as his. Admittedly he's never been a premier league player but he's easily one of those players who's been a credit to the football league throughout his career, much like Steve Claridge.

As the oldest outfield player in our squad he is perfectly entitled to have his off games. He's STILL our top scorer this season, just as he was last season.

Slag the rest off as you will but leave Forster out of it. He deserves better than the shit we're serving up at the moment. It would be a travesty if he had to retire in a piss poor relegation team.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brezovan 7 -
Hoyte 4
Elphick 5
Tunnicliffe 6
El Abd 6

Bennett 6
Crofts 6
Navarro 5.
McNulty 7

Forster 6.
Dickinson 7
Subs:
Cox 6
Hart 5
Murray 5

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Barely had a shot to save though. He's an awful, awful goalkeeper, and I said that from the first moment I saw him. How many times did he f*** even the most basic things up today and cause absolute chaos in front of him when there was no need?

With us his stats are:

Played: 4
Won: 1
Drawn: 1
Lost: 2
Conceded: 4 (i.e. an average of one goal per game, Kuipers: 1.27, Smith: 3.11)

Faced
Shots: 45
On target: 25
Conceded 4
Percent of shots that result in a goal: 16 (Kuipers: 24.36%, Smith: 46.67%)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Barely had a shot to save though. He's an awful, awful goalkeeper, and I said that from the first moment I saw him. How many times did he f*** even the most basic things up today and cause absolute chaos in front of him when there was no need?

personally, i thought his dribble and kicked clearance inside his own box when surrounded by two players was the only thing worth paying the entrance fee for - most flair moment of albion play ive seen in a long long time

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Brezovan - 5 - Okay, didn't concede, but his kicking was woeful and he looked uncertain far too often

Hoyte - 4 - He is shit, please get rid! Got beaten by their man SO many times
Elphick - 6
Tunnicliffe - 6 - Thought both centre backs were okay, kept a clean sheet but should have done it a little more comfortably against the shit oppoisition we had today
El-Abd - 6 - Fine

Bennett - 6- Some busy spells, some quieter
Crofts - 4 - An idiot for getting sent off
Navarro - 5 - He is pretty useless isn't he?
McNulty - 4 - Not a left winger. Didn't really know what to do with the ball unless he had the perfect crossing oppurtunity and some of his passing was shocking. Most people will probably ignore this!

Dickinson - 7 - Looked lively and dangerous - a good performance
Forster - 4 - Really poor today

Subs:
None stood out. Cox had a bit of the ball owing to being put central. Murray looked as abject as he ever does (unless he's on the TV). Hart was fine.

Redhill Seagull

Oct 22, 2003
Redhill
Brezovan 6 - Good early save. Kicking poor and flapped at a couple of crosses 2nd half.

Hoyte 5 - Hard to believe hes an Arsenal player. El Abd or Whing should play instead.

Elphick 6 - Ok game. Must stop giving away silly free kicks.

Tunnicliffe 6 - Ok game also. Do rate him.

El Abd 7 - Best defender should not have come off. should have gone to right back for hoyte.

Mcnulty 6 - Some nice touches but i think today showed that he should stay at left back.

Navarro 5 - Not bad first half crap 2nd half. Needs to go in january.

Crofts 6 - Played ok but didnt get forward enough to support front players.

Bennett 5 - Off form at the momment, Want to see him be more positive.

Forster 6 - Average didnt look like scoring.

Dickinson 8 - Deserved MOM award for his effort but again didnt look like scoring.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Brezza 7 (Two good stops, but just how many crosses did he come out and miss? Extra mark given for putting McGleish on crutches)
Hoyte 4 (Why is he still on Arsenal's books? He made Orient's number 25 look like Aaron Lennon at times)
Tunnicliffe 7 (Battled hard, won most of the key aerial challenges - lest said about his late shot the better)
Elphick 5 (Made a couple of indecisive touches early on, though did win his fair share of tackles and headers. However, he's surely one of the first to be dropped when new bodies arrive in the January transfer window)
El Abd 6 (Did his job, that's all you can ask)
Navarro 5 (A couple of okay passes, but he still never looks for the ball enough and was really lazy)
Crofts 5 (not his best game, kept trying to play the perfect long-range pass when a simple short one or two would have been better. Wasn't his second yellow an attempt to recover a reckless long ball he'd given away?)
McNulty 6 (great work rate, but seemed a bit sluggish going forward, Probably better off used as a left-back)
Bennett 6 (a couple of good runs, but the final ball was lacking. Both his and McNulty's deliveries from set pieces were awful today)
Dickinson 9 (I've never liked or rated him at all ahead of today's game, but what a game he had this afternoon. Okay, so he didn't score, and should have done better with that late opportunity, but he held the ball up extremely well, showed some excellent touches, put in some great challenges in both attack and defence, and run himself into the ground. Clear Man O' Match)
Forster 4 (Done a fair bit of running, but that's about it. Not really happening for him at the moment)

Subs:
Cox 6 (Did alright, put in a couple of good crosses)
Muzza 7 (Caused Orient a few problems. Should have done better with the headed chance he had almost immediately after coming on)
OGH 6 (Couldn't fault his commitment with some of the late tackles he was throwing in, could you?)

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
el-abd and dickinson are the only ones who were even half decent
the rest of them were a disgrace.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Brezovan 6 - did ok for me, don't know why some of you are slagging him compared to cocoa smith

Hoyte 5 - sh@t himself every time the winger iscolated him in second half, not shown enough to be a permanent albion player

Elphick / Tunnicliffe 4 - Guy Butters at 25 percentage of headers won - around 80% I reckon. These two who are taller and slimmer..........less than 50%, their positional sense is woeful, get am experienced danny cullip or butters type player into to play alongside one of them and actually marshall our deep defending back four

El Abd 6 - as one of his prior non likers again proves he is our most consistent performing defender, speaks wonders for the quality of our defence!

Mcnulty 5 - did not know how to play left midfield, much better at full back

Navarro 4 - non existent

Crofts 6 - worked like buggery but too slow releasing the ball

Bennett 5 - Needs his confidence back

Forster 4 - poor, not sure he fancied it today

Dickinson 9 - not really a 9 but his effort stood out a mile

The pitch looked very slow and we played to the pace of the pitch, Orient however managed to inject their own pace into the game and there lies the difference. Very poor viewing. Onwards............

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
el-abd and dickinson are the only ones who were even half decent
the rest of them were a disgrace.

Took the words right out of my...er...keyboard.

Special mentions to McNulty, Forster and Hoyte for being the worst of a bad bunch.

Only one decent sub - Murray. Hart and Cox were abysmal.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Stats like that are dependent on SO much more than just the goalkeeper's performance though.

At Exeter I thought he was rash and lucky that they f***ed up the penalty he gave away.

Against Colchester I thought he cost us both goals.

Today I thought he was a walking disaster with poor handling, shocking kicking and the ability to inspire a panic over almost anything. The stats say he kept a clean sheet but anyone there will have had their heart in their mouth a number of times.

It is time for the king to return, get him back!

"I thought.. I thought.. I thought - yes indeed you did. You see the match through Michel coloured glasses.. Indeed he had poor kicking today (being a Kuipers fan I would of thought you were used to it) but give me an example of the poor handling? And the inspiration of panic? I thought he was exceptionally calm, especially when Crofts gave him a short backpass in the first half and with the incident in his box in the second. Were you at the game this time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here