Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Orient

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brezza 7 (Two good stops, but just how many crosses did he come out and miss? Extra mark given for putting McGleish on crutches)
Hoyte 4 (Why is he still on Arsenal's books? He made Orient's number 25 look like Aaron Lennon at times)
Tunnicliffe 7 (Battled hard, won most of the key aerial challenges - lest said about his late shot the better)
Elphick 5 (Made a couple of indecisive touches early on, though did win his fair share of tackles and headers. However, he's surely one of the first to be dropped when new bodies arrive in the January transfer window)
El Abd 6 (Did his job, that's all you can ask)
Navarro 5 (A couple of okay passes, but he still never looks for the ball enough and was really lazy)
Crofts 5 (not his best game, kept trying to play the perfect long-range pass when a simple short one or two would have been better. Wasn't his second yellow an attempt to recover a reckless long ball he'd given away?)
McNulty 6 (great work rate, but seemed a bit sluggish going forward, Probably better off used as a left-back)
Bennett 6 (a couple of good runs, but the final ball was lacking. Both his and McNulty's deliveries from set pieces were awful today)
Dickinson 9 (I've never liked or rated him at all ahead of today's game, but what a game he had this afternoon. Okay, so he didn't score, and should have done better with that late opportunity, but he held the ball up extremely well, showed some excellent touches, put in some great challenges in both attack and defence, and run himself into the ground. Clear Man O' Match)
Forster 4 (Done a fair bit of running, but that's about it. Not really happening for him at the moment)

Subs:
Cox 6 (Did alright, put in a couple of good crosses)
Muzza 7 (Caused Orient a few problems. Should have done better with the headed chance he had almost immediately after coming on)
OGH 6 (Couldn't fault his commitment with some of the late tackles he was throwing in, could you?)

Almost totally agree.

I would drop Murray down to a 6, McNulty down to a 5, and Navarro down to a 2.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'd give El Abd & Dickinson a 3 for effort. Bezovan 1 for a clean sheet.
Can't think of anything else worth mentioning.

This team are playing the worst "football" I've ever seen. That is under Slade & Poyet.
A cull is required, urgently.

The import of Stockport rejects has been a huge flop.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The import of Stockport rejects has been a huge flop.

Which doesn't say much for our coaching set up, or the lack of it. We seem to make a habit of turning promising players into shite.

snake199

Brighton By The Sea
Oct 9, 2009
Portslade
Brezovan 6- Played well, got lucky at times, poor kicking I think 6 is a bit high but he did get a clean sheet

Hoyte 5- Played not so well, did okish but he wasn't a threat to the strikers

Elphick 5- Not so bad a worthy 5 from me

Tunnicliffe 5- Not to bad either.

El Abd 7- Played very well and I'm still wondering why he was taken off ???

Bennett 7- He was good today I thought

Crofts 4- This clown is our captian?

Navarro 5. Average

McNulty 3- Absolute shite:eek:

Forster 4- Did nothing?:rant:

Dickinson 8- Very good today:clap2:
Subs:
Cox 3- He did jack shit!:shrug:

Hart 4- Neither did he!:shrug:

Murray- 6 Not bad.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Keeper 6
Hoyte 1
Elphick 1
Tunnicliffe 1
El Abd 7
Bennett 2
Crofts 2
Navarro 1 (which is a good game for him)
McNulty 1 (more confident when he was put to LB)

Forster 2
Dickinson 7 -

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Barely had a shot to save though. He's an awful, awful goalkeeper, and I said that from the first moment I saw him. How many times did he f*** even the most basic things up today and cause absolute chaos in front of him when there was no need?

He may not be very good but he is still the best option we have at the moment. I think we definitely need goalkeeper in the transfer window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He may not be very good but he is still the best option we have at the moment. I think we definitely need goalkeeper in the transfer window.

I think that he will be adequate as No 1, with FDM as back up until the end of this season and expect him to get an extention until then on his contract and then we will look for a new No 1 in the summer who can take us to the championship. Obviously like all the managers before him GP does not rate Kuipers highly.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Brezovan 6
Hoyte 4
Elphick 5
Tunnicliffe 5
El Abd 6
Bennett 5
Crofts 4
Navarro 4
McNulty 5 (some shocking passes in first half - left back please)

Forster 5
Dickinson 6

Murray 6/7 - our only threatening player
Hart 4

Retired couple sitting next to us at the back of B block who were lovely and who dried our seats for us - 9 (how that lovely lady managed to use the word "blimmin" without actually cussing was amazing.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
everybody 4exept El-abd & Dickinson 6 each & Hoyte 2, the sooner he fucks off back to Arsenal the better ! If we have to have a shit right back use our own.BRING BACK WHING.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The 1 thing that did emerge from yesterday is that Jim McNulty cannot play left midfield as he was totaly lost didnt know what to do or where to go. Much better when he reverted to left back and like a lot on here I would have moved El Abd over and taken Hoyte off. I cannot believe how a man has gone down hill so fast since his sending off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it fair to judge McNulty on this one performance? Didn't he do well when he came on as sub on the left wing setting up a goal a few games back (I forget which one).

Pretty much the whole team was below par today. Shouldn't we at least give it another go giving McNulty a chance to get used to the new position. I mean, El Abd by general consensus has been our best defender, but when he first went to the leftback position he struggled. Maybe McNulty just needs a run of games.

But then the question becomes can we afford to give him a run of games to find his feet? or Which costs more, giving him a run of games or returning to the same midfield line up that has been costing us for the past few months?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brezovan - 5 - Couple of good saves, basically shaky.... simply not good enough.

Hoyte - 3 - awful
El-Abd - 6 - ok, considering out of position
Tunnicliffe - 5 - ok, but not showing the initial promise he seemed to have at the beginning of the season.
Elphick - 5 - distribution all over the place

Navarro - 5 - one of his better games, but still not good enough
Crofts - 5 - poor by his usual standard
Bennett - 5 - off form
McNulty - 5- poor.

Forster - 4 - ineffective. Legs have gone
Dickinson - 7 - by far the best player for me

Cox - 5 - buzzed about, but usual rubbish
Murray - 5 - still not sure whether he actually cares anymore
Hart - 5 - time to go I'm afraid.

Cox is getting bad press in general on this thread, but I can't understand why at all. He does make space, works hard in getting into positions, and put in some decent crosses where others struggled to find our players or over-hit balls.
Most of the passing yesterday looked almost random, like they just wanted to make a clever-looking ball but without directing it anywhere an Albion player could get to it.
Pot luck if the ball went to anyone in stripes at all.

It has appeared that our players don't get into positions away from their marker, ever. Opposing sides can predict where we want to head to with the ball, and if we even have any tactical intention - it ain't working.

Gus Poyet needs to cultivate his instructions for lower-league players, not with an assumption that they can carry out what Prem pros can do. I think he needs to think more basically, before trying to lift the standard here.

The good thing he can take from yesterday, is that they kept a clean sheet and weren't as defensively naive as in previous games (that we've lost). They managed to retain midfield ground and not allow breakaways by Orient, at no defense.
That is basic stuff and makes oppositions work harder to gain ground in our area.

I think it's agreed that it was a dour, mostly un-entertaining affair. If the players were still digesting the Christmas pudding, then I'm sure most park players would relate. But then - the punters could just have easily watched a park kick-about for free.

2010 needs to see the introduction of entertainment from BHAFC, there's been a dearth of that for too long a while now.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Brezza 7 (Two good stops, but just how many crosses did he come out and miss? Extra mark given for putting McGleish on crutches)
Hoyte 4 (Why is he still on Arsenal's books? He made Orient's number 25 look like Aaron Lennon at times)
Tunnicliffe 7 (Battled hard, won most of the key aerial challenges - lest said about his late shot the better)
Elphick 5 (Made a couple of indecisive touches early on, though did win his fair share of tackles and headers. However, he's surely one of the first to be dropped when new bodies arrive in the January transfer window)
El Abd 6 (Did his job, that's all you can ask)
Navarro 5 (A couple of okay passes, but he still never looks for the ball enough and was really lazy)
Crofts 5 (not his best game, kept trying to play the perfect long-range pass when a simple short one or two would have been better. Wasn't his second yellow an attempt to recover a reckless long ball he'd given away?)
McNulty 6 (great work rate, but seemed a bit sluggish going forward, Probably better off used as a left-back)
Bennett 6 (a couple of good runs, but the final ball was lacking. Both his and McNulty's deliveries from set pieces were awful today)
Dickinson 9 (I've never liked or rated him at all ahead of today's game, but what a game he had this afternoon. Okay, so he didn't score, and should have done better with that late opportunity, but he held the ball up extremely well, showed some excellent touches, put in some great challenges in both attack and defence, and run himself into the ground. Clear Man O' Match)
Forster 4 (Done a fair bit of running, but that's about it. Not really happening for him at the moment)

Subs:
Cox 6 (Did alright, put in a couple of good crosses)
Muzza 7 (Caused Orient a few problems. Should have done better with the headed chance he had almost immediately after coming on)
OGH 6 (Couldn't fault his commitment with some of the late tackles he was throwing in, could you?)

Hoyte made him look like Lionel Messi!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Brezovan 6 - clean sheet made a couple of important saves (not as good as FDM better than smith)
Hoyte 3 - Don't get him - does not tackle - poor positioning - has pace but does not use it )he had chances to overlap bennett when we could have got behind their defense and he hung back. Whing is better and tackles.
Elph and Tunni - 6 no major mistakes but poor distribution (sepecially elph)
El Abd 6- solid but would prefer Jimmy mac at LB
Crofts 4- not helped by Navarro poor game and stupid sending off
Navarro 4 - not a tackler spread play a few timesIMO get rid
Bennett 5- talent but inconsistent
Jimmy Mac 4- better at LB
Forster 4 - out of sorts needs a rest
Big Dick 7 - MOM wanted the ball was a nuisance up front should start with Murray

Subs - Cox 5 Murray 5 Hart 4 (sorry OGH your days are over)

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Stats like that are dependent on SO much more than just the goalkeeper's performance though.

At Exeter I thought he was rash and lucky that they f***ed up the penalty he gave away.

Against Colchester I thought he cost us both goals.

Today I thought he was a walking disaster with poor handling, shocking kicking and the ability to inspire a panic over almost anything. The stats say he kept a clean sheet but anyone there will have had their heart in their mouth a number of times.

It is time for the king to return, get him back!

:thumbsup:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Not fair at all. I wasn't one of the lynch mob slagging off Smith for weeks on end recently. I thought Smith was let down by a shocking defence mainly. Brezovan, while still having a pretty poor defence in front of him, creates extra problems because of his own cock-ups. As I said a week or two ago, he's a truly dreadful keeper and I predict it won't be long before he single-handedly costs us a game.

I'm not totally convinced by Brezovan but he is a hell of a lot better than Smith. Smith's performance at Norwich showed how inept he is. I very much doubt whether Kuipers would have let in more than a goal that evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here