Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Leicester

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Sit in north stand and it looked from there that If CMS had followed in he would have had an open goal. He offered nothing today and chased down little compared to what he used to
Well off course it would, because you are sitting right behind it, and as you proved with the rest of your comment about CMS, you're an idiot. How the f*** can you say he would have missed Buckleys chance? Clueless, absolutely clueless.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
CMS needs a rest.
Barnes should've headed for goal, not back across it.
Mattock looks like a great addition to the squad.
Vicente is god like.
Don't agree with your first comment, but the other three are spot on.

Personally I think, befoer long CMS will play up top with Vokes, and Mattock will play left back, and unfortauntely I think Barnes will be the one to make way. Granted Barnes has played well the last few weeks, but I feel his role is only there as Poyet isn't comforabe with teh left back, after all Calderon doesn't get the same level of cover. Nothin against El-ABd, but he's not a natural left back, Painter is well of the pace needed for the championship, hence the ease Swansea let him go, and now we have a natural left back, I think we'll soon see a more attacking side, with Buckley joined by Noone, Vincente or LuaLua on the other wing, and two playing up top. With decent service, CMS will score for fun.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Leicester's passing game in the first half was boring me to death. At one point they must have strung together 30 passes and got absolutely nowhere.

Yes they did, they gave it to us

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sparrow 8. MOM. Excellent game from him I thought and sending off looked only a yellow. We'll miss him.

TBF.. The BBC commentators called it a red as soon as he made the challenge! They also half expected one of ours to go to even up a dodgy red for Beckford! But I wasn't there today so what do I know?

People close by said they saw Beckford sneakily & deliberately tread on Dunk's hand or leg. Full marks to the lino.

Dunk & Greer were class.
Calderon, he can't help it, but just hasn't any pace, so their left winger destroyed him so many times ... especially in the suicidal periods when we have 1 or 2 man advantages, but we left hardly anyone at the back!!

Vicente, Sparrow, Bridcutt, Brezovan, Buckley, El-Abd, Mattock had good games. Barnes sound.

Thought Navarro (dithering stopped our counter attacks) & CMS (shocking finisher) had poor games.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Brezovan 7
Calde 8
Greer 7
Dunk 7
El Abd 6
Bridcutt 9 - MOM, best player on the pitch by a mile (until Vicente came on)
Navarro 6
Sparrow 7
Buckley 7
Barnes 7
CMS 6

Subs

Vicente 9 - different gravy as they say. No wonder Gus has persevered
Mattock 7
Voakes 6

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Brezovan - 7
El-Abd - 6
Greer -8
Dunk - 7
Calderon - 7
Sparrow - 7
Bridcutt - 8
Navarro - 5
Buckley - 6
Barnes - 7
CMS - 5

Vicente - 8
Mattock - 7
Vokes - 6

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Brezovan - 7
El-Abd - 6.5
Greer -7
Dunk - 7
Calderon - 7
Sparrow - 6.5
Bridcutt - 7.5
Navarro - 6.5
Buckley - 7
Barnes - 7
CMS - 6

Vicente - 8
Mattock - 7
Vokes - 6

welsh seagull

Jan 20, 2012
I don't get involved in player ratings because the whole point is how the team does. Rating players who all have different roles during the game leads eventually to individual players being slagged off unfairly, as has happened in this case. Just got back from the match and can honestly say that we have a squad to be proud of, not just a team on any given day. I have been a die hard supporter since the 60's and to me this is the best time, and best team I can ever remember. Better even than the Alan Mullery team from the late 70's early 80's. Oh and by the way, imo a fit Vicente could be the difference between a good season and an unbelievable one.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brezovan 7
Calderon 7
AeA 7
Dunk 8
Greer 7
Bridcutt 6
Navarro 6
Sparrow 8
Buckley 7
Barnes 7
CMS 5

Vokes 6
Vicente 6
Mattock 7

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
12 fouls = 3 yellows and a red. I would like to see overall stats on cards to fouls ratio. It seems like we get more than our fair share
of cards.

I haven't gone through the fouls and such in the other games today. The top table includes our match v leicester, the bottom one contains no games from today. The red numbers are the worst in each column (you'll see leicester were level with us for red cards, they are now worse than us).

(click to enlarge images)

disciplinary 2012.02.03.jpg

This shows the pattern for fouls to yellow cards per game. That one lonely dot away from the cluster around trendlines, is us.

yellow card per foul 2012.02.02.jpg

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Brez 8 Keeps performing to a high standard
Calde 7 Another good game, got forward well, found out of position a few times
Greer 8 Solid as a rock
Dunk 7 Not bad, few dodgy passes
El-Abd 8 (Mattock 7) Mr dependable / Matlock looked like he could be very useful
Bridcutt 7 Not his best game but still did some good work at times
Sparrow 7 come in and out of the game. Deserved a red
Navarro 8 (Vokes 7) Navarro just keeps on impressing/ Vokes look good in spells
Buckley 7 Tried a few to many flicks. Still caused trouble all game and his persistance paid off
Barnes 8 Quality, our own Dirk Kuyt
CMS 3 Nothing to say
Vicente 9 Changed the game. Looked like the Vicente of old. Showed that he still has a bit of pace too. Quality. Take a bow

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Brezovan 7.5 - It didn't look like their shots really troubled him.
El Abd 6 - not particularly strong going forward, forcing us to only attack down the right. Otherwise solid
Dunk 7 - First time I've noticed the away fans chanting at him, didn't appear to affect him. Showed composure with the beckford incident.
Greer 7 - some wayward passing. Some games he plays some great balls, some times he over(or under)does it. Otherwise strong defensively
Calderon 7.5 - was beaten for pace a few times in the first half, but was a bit more disciplined to stay back, and got forward when it was right.
Navarro 6 - a bit slow in possession, reluctant to shoot.
Bridcutt 7 - generally decent performance, bad foul.
Sparrow 6.5 - Generally a good performance, no he is having a run in the side, but it has been made very clear in the last few weeks you cannot jump in two-footed. Given the FA's position, and the advice to and from the FA and officials, it was a red.
Buckley 8 - got forward plenty, great last minute goal, but not his best (still good though)
Barnes 7.5 - some god defensive playing the first half, had some of our better chances. Decent enough performance, if not as good as his palace performance was reported to have been
CMS 6.5 - still lacking confidence, but not getting the chances. His value was shown, imo, when after he went off, no one closed down schmeichel allowing him to pick a pass for their best chance in the second half

Mattock 7 - decent enough defensively against 10 men, but gave us an attacking option down the left, which we had been missing.
Vokes 7 - Did well, held the ball u, could have had a penalty, got a good flick on that someone should have been on the en of
Vicente - 7.5 showed his class, gave his all (he was clearly knackered at the end after having run back and forth on that right wing three or four times in quick succession around the time of the goal), good vision and great ball for buckley. Seemed a little hesitant at times.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brez 7
Calde 7
Greer 7
Dunk 7
El-Abd 7 (Mattock 7)
Bridcutt 7
Sparrow 6
Navarro 6 (Vokes 6)
Buckley 8