Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Leicester

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
From where I stood, Greer was our best player today. Goal saving tackle in the first half, possible goal saving yellow card picked up in the second. The bloke was organising the team all match; no idea why he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Brezovan 8. Solid
El Abd 6. Lost the ball every time he went forward, but good defensively
Greer 8. Solid
Dunk 8. Solid
Bridcutt 7. Okay - lacked ideas i thought
Sparrow 5. Very good before the sending off - but definite red
Navarro 6.5. Solid game, won the ball back well but not good going forward.
Barnes 8 MOM Worked his socks off and set CMS up with an open goal.
Buckley 7.5. Great finish but before that it wasn't his best game - still quality though.
CMS. 5. Little effort and lost the ball 2/3 times he got it - very poor today and if he had Buckley's chance he would have missed it.
Mattock 7. Looked very good
Vokes 7. Scored a great goal
Vicente 7.5 Was quality when he came on just lacked a bit of practice at the end i think.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Poor game, but a good result. Our passing really was crap today.

Brezovan 8. One ot two good saves. Seemed to flap a bit at one cross. Looks very confident.
Calderon 7. Skinned a couple of times in the 1st half, but overall an improvement in form.
Greer 7. Too many wayward hoofs upfield.
Dunk 7. OK, but a few too many wayward balls upfield.
ElAbd 8. Good game again.
Buckley 8. He gets an extra point for the goal, but like Tuesday much of what he tried did not come off. A frustrating performance from him in my opinion. But as long he comes up with winning goals like that we'll accept a small dip in form.
Sparrow 8. MOM. Excellent game from him I thought and sending off looked only a yellow. We'll miss him.
Navarro 7. Good game except too much wayward passing.
Bridcutt 6. Poor game by his standards. Far too many loose balls. No-way MOM.
Barnes 7. Loses a point for a couple of terrible first half moments when he lost control with the goal at his mercy. Otherwise OK.
CMS 6. I'm beginning to lose faith in him. Again lots of running around, but to what purpose? And lost every arial challenge for balls from Brez.
Subs:
Mattock 8. Looked good.
Vokes 5. Really didn't see him touch the ball more than a couple of times in 20 mins. I'm sure he's got potential, but it wasn't obvious today.
Vicente 6. Made the goal, but otherwise looked like a luxury player. Hope I'm wrong.

Vokes looked good to me?:shrug:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Poor game? I thought it was a blinder, plenty of incident, two sides who were confident on the ball and great drama at the end. Dunk and Bridcutt were superb but my standout player was Gordon Greer. The Leicester forwards failed to close him down like so many others have this season and he subsequently dictated the game when we had possession and he was solid defensively when they came forward. Great performance.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Anyone who gives Barnes less than 7 is crazy! He is working soooo hard, defending and helping the midfield. Don't be narrow minded and rate him as just a forward!

Thought Barnes got confused in the striker role today, as he hadn't been doing it for several matches. Thought his game improved a whole lot in the second-half when he was back in the Midfield, made some nice passes, held the ball well, and was more of a nuisance in the midfield than up front.

Stumpy Tim

Was a good game between two good teams. It was f***ing cold too, so credit to all the players for giving people something to cheer about.

Brez - 7
Calderon - 7
Greer - 7.5
Dunk - 7
El-Abd - 7 (I wish he was left footed)
Bridcutt - 8 (he was everywhere. I haven't seem a better midfielder in this division)
Buckley - 8 (Konchesky played him well... No idea why he was taken off)
Spaz - 6 (7, minus 1 for a definite red card)
Nav - 7
Barnes - 8.5 MoM (keeps the ball, works his arse off, & has real quality)
CMS - 4 (his worst game for us. Doesn't fit into our style at all)

Subs:
Vokes - 7 (solid. One wonderful bit of play when he controlled the ball on his chest in his own half & sent Buckley away over the top)
Mattock - 7.5 (yes please Gus - gives us great balance)
Vicente - 7.5

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Even more exciting time ahead if we do get any more people in on loan. Leeds will be very tough though considering they'll probably have their new manager in place by then?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Barnes 8 MOM Worked his socks off and set CMS up with an open goal.
CMS. 5. Little effort and lost the ball 2/3 times he got it - very poor today and if he had Buckley's chance he would have missed it.
Oh my god. That has got to be one of the most pathetic comments on here in a while.

No way having a go at Barnes but the comment is after his name, but how the f*** was CMS set up with an open goal. I take it that either, a) you dont sit in the West Stand and therefore could not see the angle, or b) you aare a complete idiot, and judging by you think CMS showed little effort, I'd wager on you being an idiot

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Was a good game between two good teams. It was f***ing cold too, so credit to all the players for giving people something to cheer about.

Brez - 7
Calderon - 7
Greer - 7.5
Dunk - 7
Bridcutt - 8 (he was everywhere. I haven't seem a better midfielder in this division)
Nav - 7

Subs:
Vokes - 7 (solid. One wonderful bit of play when he controlled the ball on his chest in his own half & sent Buckley away over the top)
Vicente - 7.5

He was injured

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Oh my god. That has got to be one of the most pathetic comments on here in a while.

No way having a go at Barnes but the comment is after his name, but how the f*** was CMS set up with an open goal. I take it that either, a) you dont sit in the West Stand and therefore could not see the angle, or b) you aare a complete idiot, and judging by you think CMS showed little effort, I'd wager on you being an idiot

Spot on..... CMS never stood a chance of reaching that.

Barnes had a good game but he should have buried that header as was unmarked and had bags of space

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Poor game? I thought it was a blinder, plenty of incident, two sides who were confident on the ball and great drama at the end. Dunk and Bridcutt were superb but my standout player was Gordon Greer. The Leicester forwards failed to close him down like so many others have this season and he subsequently dictated the game when we had possession and he was solid defensively when they came forward. Great performance.

Pretty much agree with this, Leicester are good team and we nullified them although it wasn't a spectacular game it was a good performance and Bridcutt was key, my only frustration is that he sometimes could distribute the ball quicker. I think we didnt had any stand out players but it was a good workmanlike performance by the whole team, we now look an established Championship team and will only get better. 6 months ago we would have lost this game well played the Albion.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom

Sit in north stand and it looked from there that If CMS had followed in he would have had an open goal. He offered nothing today and chased down little compared to what he used to

Brez - 7
Calderon - 7
Greer - 7.5
Dunk - 7
Nav - 7

Subs:
Vicente - 7.5

Thought Bridcutt was the worst player on the pitch today. Would give him a 4 & CMS a 5. Barnes a 7, Greer 7.5 & Dunk 7.5 who was my man of the match.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
CMS needs a rest.
Barnes should've headed for goal, not back across it.
Mattock looks like a great addition to the squad.
Vicente is god like.

Marks out of ten? Everyone gets 10 as we won.

First half all them, second half much more entertaining.

Oh and their version of the St Pauli chant was f***ing SHIT

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
12 fouls = 3 yellows and a red. I would like to see overall stats on cards to fouls ratio. It seems like we get more than our fair share
of cards.

[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] is your man for that. He has in depth stats of fouls committed for/against and so on. He should be along shortly, I would imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here