Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Leicester

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Poor game, but a good result. Our passing really was crap today.

Brezovan 8. One ot two good saves. Seemed to flap a bit at one cross. Looks very confident.
Calderon 7. Skinned a couple of times in the 1st half, but overall an improvement in form.
Greer 7. Too many wayward hoofs upfield.
Dunk 7. OK, but a few too many wayward balls upfield.
ElAbd 8. Good game again.
Buckley 8. He gets an extra point for the goal, but like Tuesday much of what he tried did not come off. A frustrating performance from him in my opinion. But as long he comes up with winning goals like that we'll accept a small dip in form.
Sparrow 8. MOM. Excellent game from him I thought and sending off looked only a yellow. We'll miss him.
Navarro 7. Good game except too much wayward passing.
Bridcutt 6. Poor game by his standards. Far too many loose balls. No-way MOM.
Barnes 7. Loses a point for a couple of terrible first half moments when he lost control with the goal at his mercy. Otherwise OK.
CMS 6. I'm beginning to lose faith in him. Again lots of running around, but to what purpose? And lost every arial challenge for balls from Brez.
Subs:
Mattock 8. Looked good.
Vokes 5. Really didn't see him touch the ball more than a couple of times in 20 mins. I'm sure he's got potential, but it wasn't obvious today.
Vicente 6. Made the goal, but otherwise looked like a luxury player. Hope I'm wrong.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
funny how we see the game differently. Other than a couple of stray passes I thought Greer and Dunk were superb

Mattock was ok for in 15 minutes

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Sparrow 8. MOM. Excellent game from him I thought and sending off looked only a yellow. We'll miss him.

TBF.. The BBC commentators called it a red as soon as he made the challenge! They also half expected one of ours to go to even up a dodgy red for Beckford! But I wasn't there today so what do I know?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Vicente a luxury player?! I'll have some of the shit the OP is smoking :nono:

He made one error in getting caught in possession but apart from that he did everything right. Christ if Vicente Rodriguez isn't good enough for Brighton then who is?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
MOM is always someone that the peeps that go on those sorts of things have heard of before ... same wherever you go. I'd agree giving it to Spaz but disagree on OP view of the card ... it was a red from where I am sat

Otherwise same as OP except

El Abd 6 - Just doesn't offer enough going forward - needs to be playing CB
Mattock 7 - Looked comfortable but not enough to warrant an 8
Bridcutt 7 - A few loose balls but gives so much to the CB's in terms of an outlet
Vicente 7 - Extra point for being a legend! Don't forget he's got no game time ... did nothing wrong and set up the goal

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Sparrow's red was 100%, hopefully we can play Reyes/JFC in midfield to replace him

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Brez 8
Calde 7
Greer 7
Dunk 7
El-Abd 7 (Mattock 8)
Bridcutt 6
Sparrow 7
Navarro 6 (Vokes 7)
Buckley 7
Barnes 6.5
CMS 5 (Vicente 8)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think the op is a little harsh in judgement. I don't think we were poor as we were in some games in October/November. Vicente looked class and his brilliance set up Buckley. I don't understand why the second Leicester sending off wasn't straight red. Sparrow deserved to go IMO.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I think the op is a little harsh in judgement. I don't think we were poor as we were in some games in October/November. Vicente looked class and his brilliance set up Buckley. I don't understand why the second Leicester sending off wasn't straight red. Sparrow deserved to go IMO.

Think he gave him a single yellow and red out of sympathy which doesnt bother me really but by the book he should have gone straight. Vicente was in.

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Brezovan 8. Solid.
El Abd 6. Solid defensively, but we had no impact or threat on the left - every time he or Barnes got the ball, because they're both right-footed and not pacey, the play had to cut inside and the move died.
Greer 8. Solid.
Dunk 8. Solid.
Bridcutt 7. Not MoM. Doesn't get an 8, in terms of constructive criticism (and he is probably my favourite player), took too many touches on multiple occasions when the quick ball out wide was on.
Sparrow 7. Getting better each game. Had my doubts this season and last, but much improved, seems to be the one central midfield player determined to drive forward - a lower-league Lampard. Sending off was just a committed lunge, nothing sinister, just a sign of the times with referees.
Navarro 5.5. Solid defensively, but so frustrating, kills every forward movement we have. Not sure he's mentally quick enough for this division.
Barnes 6. Gave his all, but, along with El Abd behind him on the left side, because he's right footed, nearly every attack down the left was blunt and static, having to cut inside and thus losing momentum.
Buckley 8.5. Tireless work-rate, our main attacking threat. My only concern is that we don't burn him out or rely on him too much, and rely on one single flank too much. Great, cool finish.
CMS 6.5. Lots of effort gets him an above-average mark. However, he's not a target man, he's the kind of player who thrives running onto balls over the defender's shoulder, and, unfortunately for him, we don't play that way.
Mattock 7. Looked decent going forward, gave us a left-sided threat finally.
Vokes 6. Didn't do much, but didn't get much chance / time.
Vicente 8. Was quality when he came on, made the goal and was the driving force forwards in the centre of the park.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poor game, but a good result. Our passing really was crap today.

Sorry fella - completely disagree. I thought as a game of football it was excellent - mainly the 1st half. Two very good teams technically. I thought our passing was on the whole very good and thought Greer and Dunk were superb.

re CMS - we don't play to his strengths - but it works for the team. Vokes won one header in the 5 mins they were on the pitch together and he was latching on to it. His skill and workrate is class and he is one of our best players and well worth the money for sure IMO.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Everyone sees a game differently. I thought Dunk was MOM. Vicente looked class and far from a luxury player. Our midfield gave the ball away more today than they have at home all season and Bridcutt had his worst game that I have seen, but is entitled to one considering his consistent form. The sponsers that made him MOM must have sat in hospitality all afternoon. Thought Mattock looked comfortable on the ball, but think Vokes needs to play with Macca before we judge him. Buckley not his best game but his finishing is pure class. Overall I did not think that it was one of our better home performances against what I thought was a mediocre Leicester side, but hey 3 points not to be sniffed at.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Brez 7
El Abd 7
Greer 7
Dunk 7
Calderon 7
Bridcutt 7
Spaz 7
Navs 5 (realised I had other no.s other than 7)
Buckley 8
CMS 6
Barnes 6
Vicente 8
Mattock 7
Vokes 5

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Vicente a luxury player?! I'll have some of the shit the OP is smoking :nono:

He made one error in getting caught in possession but apart from that he did everything right. Christ if Vicente Rodriguez isn't good enough for Brighton then who is?

He grabbed the ball for one free kick in a move that looked like a bit of "I'm the star player here and I'm taking it" ... and the kick was rubbish. Not saying he's a bad player, but certainly didn't impress a lot today.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The thing that strikes me, is that leicester paid more for Matt Mills then we did for the whole of our squad! and The Mail match report said we were 2 evenly matched teams, mind-blowing

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
He grabbed the ball for one free kick in a move that looked like a bit of "I'm the star player here and I'm taking it" ... and the kick was rubbish. Not saying he's a bad player, but certainly didn't impress a lot today.

I think he grabbed the free-kick because he was so pissed off at having been brought down when 1v1 having run from the half-way line :lolol:

Though yes said kick was shit and losing possession could have cost us. But come on. Its Vicente Rodriguez!

And everything else he did was perfect :love:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Good passing, great movement, held up the ball, ran at their defence and put Buckley in for the goal..... He was only on for 20 minutes YET he's not impressive?

I think he is class and can take as many free kicks as he wants.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
12 fouls = 3 yellows and a red. I would like to see overall stats on cards to fouls ratio. It seems like we get more than our fair share
of cards.

Sep 1, 2010
Brezovan - 7
El-Abd - 7
Greer -7
Dunk - 8
Calderon - 7
Sparrow - 6
Bridcutt - 8 MOM
Navarro - 7
Buckley - 7
Barnes - 8
CMS - 6

Vicente - 8
Mattock - 7
Vokes - 6.5

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Anyone who gives Barnes less than 7 is crazy! He is working soooo hard, defending and helping the midfield. Don't be narrow minded and rate him as just a forward!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here