Dickinson 5
Forster 8

Davies 6
Cox 5
Hart 4

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuipers 6 - I didn't think he dominated his box today, and was quieter than usual. He was tested with a couple of backpasses (El-Abd :nono: ) and did well though.
Virgo 6 - He wasn't overly exposed against Moussa, but he wasn't an asset for us at right back. He was steady, but not overly imposing.
El-Abd 5 - Seems shaky and nervous at the Withdean, I can't think why, but the route of the problem is his lack of ability. He does a job, but he's a liability.
Elphick 6 - A couple of strong challenges and he defended well throughout, but his heading in attacking situations isn't good enough, and he should have been pushing Laurent away from goal, not toward it.
Tunnicliffe 6 - Looks a class act to me, absolutely class. His throws aren't controlled though I don't think, certainly not a major weapon and still a bit casual.
Bennett 7 - Cracking shot which hit the bar, he did ok but wasn't involved enough. When he was, though, he looked a threat and he's going to be a big player for us.
Aaron Davies 6 - Left El-Abd completely exposed at left back, which is always a disaster. He spent too much time playing inside, and didn't offer enough width.
Dicker 7 - Class act, moves the ball well and is quality. He wasn't at his most imposing, but he worked hard and was effective all match.
Crofts 7 - Did everything without fuss, he looks a quality addition to me, but he doesn't offer anything going forward, which isn't overly promising.
Forster 8 - Took his goals magnificently, how he didn't convert that volley though. That was bread and better for him, it was difficult dropping from such a height, but he should have been battering that into the net for the hattrick and 3-2, disappointing. Other than his goals I didn't think he was at his best, but who cares, the man is on FIRE.
Dickinson 6 - Difficult to defend against, but very difficult to read. He doesn't flick the ball on, he likes to bring it down. But he seems a bit blinkered to the pass, so he gets it down and doesn't know what to do with it. Classy, but not the 20 goal striker we need.

Subs
Cox 6 - Didn't really have an impact, didn't have time though.
Davies 6 - Again, no impact One rampaging run through the middle though, that was good. He was very vocal at Michel for not getting him the ball quicker, seems to have some of his confidence back and is going to be an important player for us.
Hart 6 - Not enough time really, but no impact.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Kuipers 6 - Nothing to do all day, but could have done better with 2nd and maybe 3rd. couple of good claims

Virgo 5 - No distribution, lot of hoofing. Out of position for 3rd, maybe excusable given we were pushing for a third ourselves. Skinned a couple of times. Dont let him take free kicks

Elphick 5 - Awful for third goal. Poor marking for first. Their front too won too much against him and Tunni all day when they shouldnt given their size. Could have done better with a couple of headers. May well be dropped next week given Slades words

Tunnicliffe 6 - Best of back four on a poor day. Pretty solid, like him a lot.

El Abd 6 - Caught 2 on 1 for first goal. Couple of standard El Abd moments but not too bad overall.

Bennett 7 - Really like him. Great crosser, couple of weak corners. Very unlucky hitting the bar

Crofts 6/7 - Like this CM partnership, breaks up play well, puts himself about. Good foil for Dicker

Dicker 7- Vital cog in our team. Creates space for himself brilliantly, great vision and lovely passer. Would like to see him push on more. Unlucky with deflected shot that hit bar.

A Davies 6 - In and out of the game, brought off at right time. Some bright flashes. Worst game for us so far though.

Dickinson 5- Very quiet, didnt offer much at all. Very good on his day, today wasnt his day. Davies next week please.

Forster 8- Brilliant again. Two well taken goals. Only an 8 because he had a couple of chances he will feel he should have taken which would have given us the game. Think he would play better with Davies.

Subs:
Cox - Didnt do much, A Davies should keep his place
C Davies - Impressed, seems to be a good mixture of a Revell and a Dickinson
Hart - Nothing to say. Won a free kick in a dangeorus position.

Ref: Very good.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Tough ratings today i think.
Here is my attempt at doing so, nevertheless:

Kuipers 6. Not at fault for goals, but no blinders to prevent them.
Virgo 5. Exposed for lack of pace and poor craft at full back.
El-Abd 5. Exposed, improved in the 2nd half, but not enough imo.
Tunnicliffe 6. Average game. Looked a good player in general however.
Elphick 6 Oh dear. Would have been 7/8 but spoilt it with lapse at end.
Crofts 8 I thought he was excellent. Industrious, moments of quality.
Dicker 6 A bit anonymous for me today.
Davies 5 Never got into the game.
Bennett 7 Good, promising with final balls. Agonisingly close with strike.
Dickinson 6 Warmed to his task I felt... but not a great game.
Forster 8 Brilliantly taken goals, great leader on the pitch.

Cox 6 Looked sparky in time he got.
Davies 6 Not enough time to impact / looked promising part of team...
Hart 6 Not enough time for impact.

A bitty performance then... 2-2 draw would have been fair i think. Either team could have got the third, it was a crying shame it was them as we had dominated in the fashion the home side should. I think we are as good as this team. We are a good team waiting to happen in my opinion.

Bring on the next game!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kuipers----6
Virgo------6
Elphick----5
Tunnicliffe-6
El Abd-----5
Bennett---6
Crofts-----7
Dicker-----7
Davies-----6
Dickinson--5
Forster----9

Ref-9

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Kuipers 6

El-Abd 6
Elphick 5
Tunnicliffe 6
Virgo 6

Bennett 7
Dicker 6
Crofts 7
A. Davies 6

Forster 9
Dickinson 5

Subs
Cox 6
Davies 7
Hart 6

paul381

Apr 22, 2008
Kuipers----6
Virgo------6
Elphick----2
Tunnicliffe-2
El Abd-----5
Bennett---5
Crofts-----6
Dicker-----6
Davies-----7
Dickinson--2
Forster----10

im afraid becoming a 1 man team dread to think what will happen if fozzie gets injured

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kuipers - 6 Not sure he could have done anything about the goals, didn't have any real saves t make. Cleaned up after El-Abd well enough a couple of times.

Virgo - 5 Not a rightback
Elphick - 6 Could have cut out the chance for the third before he got into the penalty area
Tunnicliffe - 6 Decent enough, hard to really judge when the defence looks so poor generally.
El-Abd - 5 After a couple of decent games this wasn't a great one. Suckered for the first goal but most defenders would have been. Neither fullback can play, that's a problem.

Bennet - 8 Really liking the look of him, quick can beat a man, looks quite an intelligent player with it as well.
Crofts - 7 Getting better with each game, covered lots of ground, wins lots of balls, seems to be gelling nicely with the more subtle Dicker.
Dicker - 7 He's just a superb footballer, perhaps he could impose himself a little more at times.
Davies - 6 Not really involved today, is he injured? Cox should have come on sooner.

Forster - 8 Not only is he scoring for fun he's also starting to play at something like his best too on this performance.
Dickinson - 4 Another poor performance... casual, loses the ball all the time. Totally innocuous.

Davies - 5 Same old Davies I think, despite his reserve goals, gets in good positions, wastes them. Kept slipping over as well, wrong boots on perhaps?
Cox - 6 Didn't make much of an impact but one or two decent moments.
Hart - Not on long enough, or for any discernible reason. Taking off Forster seemed to hand them the initiative.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

A bitty performance then... 2-2 draw would have been fair i think. Either team could have got the third, it was a crying shame it was them as we had dominated in the fashion the home side should. I think we are as good as this team. We are a good team waiting to happen in my opinion.

Bring on the next game!

This saved me a lot of time. Well done that man. Crofts was a huge highlight for me.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
This saved me a lot of time. Well done that man. Crofts was a huge highlight for me.

Agree, the stand out players were Crofts, Bennett & Forster IMHO. Did think that Kuipers was poor today. Did not come for much and felt that the defence were nervous as a result of him not really communicating very well.

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
Kuipers 6 - I didn't think he dominated his box today, and was quieter than usual. He was tested with a couple of backpasses (El-Abd :nono: ) and did well though.
Virgo 6 - He wasn't overly exposed against Moussa, but he wasn't an asset for us at right back. He was steady, but not overly imposing.
El-Abd 5 - Seems shaky and nervous at the Withdean, I can't think why, but the route of the problem is his lack of ability. He does a job, but he's a liability.
Elphick 6 - A couple of strong challenges and he defended well throughout, but his heading in attacking situations isn't good enough, and he should have been pushing Laurent away from goal, not toward it.
Tunnicliffe 6 - Looks a class act to me, absolutely class. His throws aren't controlled though I don't think, certainly not a major weapon and still a bit casual.
Bennett 7 - Cracking shot which hit the bar, he did ok but wasn't involved enough. When he was, though, he looked a threat and he's going to be a big player for us.
Aaron Davies 6 - Left El-Abd completely exposed at left back, which is always a disaster. He spent too much time playing inside, and didn't offer enough width.
Dicker 7 - Class act, moves the ball well and is quality. He wasn't at his most imposing, but he worked hard and was effective all match.
Crofts 7 - Did everything without fuss, he looks a quality addition to me, but he doesn't offer anything going forward, which isn't overly promising.
Forster 8 - Took his goals magnificently, how he didn't convert that volley though. That was bread and better for him, it was difficult dropping from such a height, but he should have been battering that into the net for the hattrick and 3-2, disappointing. Other than his goals I didn't think he was at his best, but who cares, the man is on FIRE.
Dickinson 6 - Difficult to defend against, but very difficult to read. He doesn't flick the ball on, he likes to bring it down. But he seems a bit blinkered to the pass, so he gets it down and doesn't know what to do with it. Classy, but not the 20 goal striker we need.

Subs
Cox 6 - Didn't really have an impact, didn't have time though.
Davies 6 - Again, no impact One rampaging run through the middle though, that was good. He was very vocal at Michel for not getting him the ball quicker, seems to have some of his confidence back and is going to be an important player for us.
Hart 6 - Not enough time really, but no impact.
agree

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Forster & Bennett - both 8.
Crofts & Dicker - both 7.
Everyone else - 5 and 6.

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14

Bring on the next game!

I think this is bang on except for Kuipers who made me nervous from start to finish. Very unsure and kept coming for things then stopping. The bench were going nuts with him. Wouldnt be surprised to see smith start the next game.

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
Kuipers-5 flapped at 2nd goal and should not get beaten from that angle for the 3rd
Virgo-5 not a right back
Tunnicliffe-6 looked ok but still let in 3 goals
Elphick-5 was at fault for 3rd goal
El abd-5 why did we play 4 centre backs today??

A davies-7 looked great in patches but needs to get in the game more
Dicker- 7 does the simple things fantastically
Crofts- 6 did well but offers nothing going forward
Bennett-7 possibly should have scored when he hit the bar but did well all game

Forster-9 Is scoring goals for fun
Dickinson-5 he jumped in the air for the 1st goal! This produced a mistake.was lazy all game, makes me miss Murray.

Subs:
davies-6 it's a shame he's such a poor footballer because this lads got pace
hart-5 did diddly squat
Cox-5 one cross

ref-9 we always slate refs here's a time to praise one

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers 5
Virgo 5
Elphick 4