Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Southend H

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Crofts? Standout performance? Jesus, some of you are easily pleased. He'll always please the morons because he runs around a lot. Personally, I prefer players to get hold of the ball when they do this, something Dicker was exceptional at today.

/QUOTE]

blah blah blah, what's the internet equivalent of liking the sound of your own voice? f***ing drivel you spout.

thought we were unlucky today. yes, some poor performances (all of the back 5 plus dickinson upfront) but the midfield now shows promise and we're creating plenty of chances. forster at 36 is in remarkable goal scoring form (shamefully, i had thought this season may have been a season too far). wish some of the others would learn something from him. anyway, it was certainly an entertaining game!

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Sooner we have some fullbacks back from injury the sooner we can sort out the CH position because right now there is no competition for places all along the back four. Likewise upfront with Dickinson putting in average at best performances but getting the nod each week. I know Murray wants away but if he comes back fit and willing and with Jimmy Mac back we may have something resembling a football team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuipers 4 - I'm a Kuipers fan, but had a nightmare. It happens to everyone...
Virgo 6 - Ok
Elphick 4 - Lacking confidence, positionally all over the place when defending
Tunnicliffe 5 - Marginally better than Elphick
El Abd 6 - OK, playing out of position.
Bennett 7 - Looks dangerous, set piece delivery poor at times
Dicker 7 - Quieter than normal, but still a cut above
Crofts 7 - Steady player, does a lot of good things
Davies 6 - Disappointing
Dickinson 6 - Will continue to improve
Forster 8 - 2 good finishes

Davies 6 - buzzed around and put the effort in
Cox 5 - no impact
Hart 5 - no impact

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Kuipers 4 - Very poor all round game, oddly other than his kicking!
Virgo 6 - Nothing to add or subtract here - steady 6.
Elphick 5 - Poor, and was relying on last minute tackles too much.
Tunnicliffe 7 - I though he looked in control most of the time.
El Abd 5 - Caught out for pace a few times, and made a couple of hideous attempted clearing headers.
Bennett 7 - Looks good.
Dicker 7 - Looks good and combative.
Crofts 7 - Also looks good.
Davies 6 - Looked like he was still carry the injury.
Dickinson 6 - Hmm... caused problems for the defence purely by being there.
Forster 8 - Took his goals well, but also missed a couple.

Davies 7 - Looked better than Dickinson when he came on
Cox 5 - was he on the pitch?
Hart 5 - no impact

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Crofts? Standout performance? Jesus, some of you are easily pleased. He'll always please the morons because he runs around a lot. Personally, I prefer players to get hold of the ball when they do this

I don't think you understand what it takes to be a good midfield player. Either that or you are so desperate to see your initial assessment of Crofts proved right that you will slate him whatever. You are now one of a very small minority that seemingly can't see what he brings to the team.

He does run around a lot yes, closing the ball down, winning it, and giving it easy. He is exactly the type of player that every team needs, it's just a shame that neither Crofts nor Dicker are attacking enough to produce goals from midfield. I would suggest that the work Crofts gets through is not noticed by you but is noticed by the 'morons' as they appreciate the work he puts in for the team, and never lets the opposing team have it easy.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't think you understand what it takes to be a good midfield player. Either that or you are so desperate to see your initial assessment of Crofts proved right that you will slate him whatever. You are now one of a very small minority that seemingly can't see what he brings to the team.

He does run around a lot yes, closing the ball down, winning it, and giving it easy. He is exactly the type of player that every team needs, it's just a shame that neither Crofts nor Dicker are attacking enough to produce goals from midfield. I would suggest that the work Crofts gets through is not noticed by you but is noticed by the 'morons' as they appreciate the work he puts in for the team, and never lets the opposing team have it easy.

:clap: :bowdown::bowdown:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
After watching all the goals two or three times, convinced Kuipers totally misread the cross for the second and Elphick should never have let the frenchman through.... agree with Slade on that.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Kuipers 6- Looked like he should have done better for 2 of the goals but apart from that he was solid.

El-Abd 6- A few dodgy moments but overall he did ok.
Elphick 5- Was out of position for key moments and seemed off the pace
Tunnicliffe 7- Made some good interceptions and his throw actually looked dangerous
Virgo 6- Didn't have much to do all game

Bennett 7- Anonymous in the first half but looked really dangerous in the second and was unlucky not to score
Dicker 7- Went quietly about his business making some good tackles and tidy passes
Crofts 6- Good first half but didn't get involved much in the second half.
A. Davies 5- Anonymous for most of the game and drifited inside far too much leaving El-Abd vulnerable and forcing him to pass across the pitch.

Forster 9- Took his goals well and should have had a hat trick. Made some decent runs and didn't give up.
Dickinson 5- Was never in the game and didn't win any headers.

Subs:

Cox 5- Had one run but didn't do anything apart from that.
C. Davies 6- Looked sharp and created a few chances but struggled running at the left back.
Hart 5- Didn't do anything

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

what he said...spot on

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers 5 Not to blame but could have done better with 2nd & 3rd goal. Verb slow distributing the ball.
Virgo 6 Steady and reliable get him back in the centre ASAP.
Elphick 4 Nightmare could and should have prevented all 3 goals.
El Abd 6 Nothing outstanding or wrong that he could be blamed for.
Bennett 6 Promises much but flatters to deceive.
Dicker 7 Does everything needed in the midfield, which should be built around him.
Croft 7 The engine room of the midfield gets thropugh a lot of work.
Davies 5 To blame for first goal and never got stuck into the game.
Forster 8 MOM and good allround performance cant wait for Murray to be fit and partner him.
Dickenson 6 A lot of effort but little reward.

Subs.
Davies 5 Lot of running but produced nothing no improvement when he came on.
Cox 4 Didnt seem interested.
Hart 4 Produced nothing and gave nothing when he came on.

Ref: 9 Very good, best for a long time, allowed the game to flow and wasnt conned by the players

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Is it just me who thought that Tunnicliffe Ducked (or bottled out) of the cross that led to their first goal, I was directly in line and they crossed the ball directly towards him and he ducked. I hope I am wrong, as he is OK otherwise.

As for the second goal Kuipers was flapping about so much I am not surprised they scored, he seemed to be shouting at everyone, most offputting

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers 5 Not to blame but could have done better with 2nd & 3rd goal. Verb slow distributing the ball.
Virgo 6 Steady and reliable get him back in the centre ASAP.
Elphick 4 Nightmare could and should have prevented all 3 goals.
El Abd 6 Nothing outstanding or wrong that he could be blamed for.
Bennett 6 Promises much but flatters to deceive.
Dicker 7 Does everything needed in the midfield, which should be built around him.
Croft 7 The engine room of the midfield gets thropugh a lot of work.
Davies 5 To blame for first goal and never got stuck into the game.
Forster 8 MOM and good allround performance cant wait for Murray to be fit and partner him.
Dickenson 6 A lot of effort but little reward.

Subs.
Davies 5 Lot of running but produced nothing no improvement when he came on.
Cox 4 Didnt seem interested.
Hart 4 Produced nothing and gave nothing when he came on.

Ref: 9 Very good, best for a long time, allowed the game to flow and wasnt conned by the players

Missed out
Tunnicliffe 6 Generally ok but tends to ball watch and allow the ball to bounce too much rather than get a clear header in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think this is bang on except for Kuipers who made me nervous from start to finish. Very unsure and kept coming for things then stopping. The bench were going nuts with him. Wouldnt be surprised to see smith start the next game.

I agree with all of this. Kuipers looked very shaky for 90 mins.

I was generally happy with the midfield and forwards. 2 goals and numerous chances and hitting woodwork twice will do for me. Shame their performance was not matched by the defence.

I think you should take a look at the Elphick thread.

You will NOT be happy!

Can't be bothered to read the Elphick thread but on Saturday he didn't do himself justice at either end of the pitch. He was culpable in all three goals, not tight enough on Barnard for the first, could have put more pressure on to stop the return header for the second and obviously was dire for the third. When we attack he needs to learn to head a ball down.

It's a fine dividing line between success and failure and sadly TE was on the wrong side on saturday but he definitely has the ability to come back and get on the other side and become a real asset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here