Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Peterborough away

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My geography is not great, so maybe most fans won't be back yet, but I'm sure there are brighton fans that live closer to some away grounds.

Anyone got any ratings for this game?

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Brezovan 7

Calderon 8
Dunk 8
Greer 8
Painter - El-Abd 8

Bridcutt 9
Forster- Caskey 9 Great performance him and Bridcutt look good together
Sparrow 8

Buckley 9 MOM looked dangerous every time he ran at them
Mackail-Smith 8 Ran and ran deserved a goal
Barnes 8

Subs

Agdestein 7 set up the winner
Navarro 7

Ref 7
Away fans 10

Good first half could have been 2 or 3 up. Second bit more even we looked scrappy in places, overall we deserved the 3 points.

Last edited:

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I didn't go, so am relying on the ratings of others.
The front 6 all get great ratings. Glad to see Barnes part of things again.

Why did Calderon get a lower rating than most the others? How did he defend?

Should have been an 8, defence looked good most of time, they didn't have a lot to do first half we bossed the game. Second half Peterborough came at us and we looked a little shaky, we just kept giving the ball away. Navarro and Toby came on and that settled things.

My dad thought JFC was MOM and my Brother Buckley. Both had great games.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Brezovan - 8 Soild, never really had much to do
Calderon - 7 looked good at times but was the shakiest defender we had today, misplaced a few passes
Dunk - 8 Soild and assured as always
Greer - 8 As above
Painter - El Abd - 8 As above
Bridcutt - 8 Obly misplaced 1 or 2 passes but was unlocking their defence all day long
Sparrow - 8.5 Made some mistakes giving the ball away but was also one our most dangerous players in the first half, deserved a goal
Forster-Caskey - 9 Brilliant, really impressed again and is improving more with every game he plays
Barnes - 8 Looked a little out of position but seems to be growing into his wider role, overall a great job
Buckley - 9.5 Outstanding performance, he looked threatening everytime he got the ball, getting a hat-trick would have made it 10 IMO :D
Mackail-Smith - 8.5 Worked so hard and should have scored, it won't be long til he goal drought finishes.

Navarro - 8 Did what he needed too in the short time he got
Adgeisten - 9 He wasn't on long but caused problems and helped get the 3 points

Overall really happy, a great performance and great atmosphere in the terraces! :D

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
I have never posted ratings before so here goes.

Brez............ Did what he had to do okay, slow on distribution a couple of times 8

Calderon....... Some timely interceptions on the right and linked up well with Buckley at times.

GG............... Well done captain, a good return.

Dunky.......... 2 good timely tackles in the first half in our box, developing very nicely thankyou.

AEA.............. Strong in the tackle, commited and hardened to the cause.

Not to upset anyone but I would like to mark the defence as a unit 8.5

Bridcutt.........Some good touches/tackling and distribution 8

JFC................Good passing and linked well with the right side, looked tired out when subbed...gave his all 8.5

Sparrow.........Not as influencial today as the other two, having said that didn't let anyone down 7.5

Barnes........... Held the ball up well on occasions and instrumental in a couple of the build ups 8

Buckley.......... Take a bow, MOM 9.5

CMS............... Tired me out just watching him run about, may I be bold to say some composure needed in opps box? 7.5

Subs.............. Adgestein 7 Navarro 6.5 Painter 6 ( appears not to be over recent injury just yet? )

Ref..... 7 How many chances did you really need to give Tomlin?

Fans..... Ours 10/10 Posh 3/10 You did sing for 3 mins post your goal I suppose?

Well there it is the first one, obviously not fact but jusy my opinion...........Super Seagulls!!!!!!!!!!!!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
My geography is not great, so maybe most fans won't be back yet, but I'm sure there are brighton fans that live closer to some away grounds.

Anyone got any ratings for this game?

all 9 - the were magnificent every blooming one of them!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can anyone remember the thread (or user) that that posh fan was mouthing off a little about how they'll beat us...?!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Brezovan - 7 (Did what was needed, wasn't helped by strong winds in the second half)

Painter - n/a (Brought back too soon, or was it just a bad coincidence?)
Greer - 8 (Great, solid Captain's performance)
Dunk - 8 (Solid today - an unaffected performance)
Calderon - 7 (Had a couple of bad moments, but also some great attacking play)

Buckley - 9 (Oh so reliable! Utter class, I hope we hang onto him for many years to come. MoM)
Bridcutt - 9 (Quality, I especially noticed today how much tackling he does!)
Sparrow - 8 (Another fantastic show)
Forster-Caskey - 8 (Great link-up play, so far it seems like all the hype was justified!)

Mackail-Smith - 7 (Looked destined to score for the first half an hour, but slackened a bit)
Barnes - 7 (Almost back to his best with some good defensive work too)

----------

El-Abd - 8 (Pretty flawless performance, some vital tackles too)
Agdestein - 8 (Extremely promising, if he can assist the winner in 5 minutes what else will he be able to do!)
Navarro - 7 (Didn't have enough time to make an impact, but nothing disastrous happened!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brez 8
Painter 7
Greer 8
Dunk 8
Calderon 8
Buckley 10
Sparrow 8
Forster Caskey 9
Bridcutt 9
Barnes 8
CMS 9

subs
El Abd 8
Navarro 8
Adgestein 8

Brighton fans 10

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
all 8 apart from buckley who i give a 9,as for tomlin how he stayed on the o
pitch i dont know.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Most did very well today, some did excellently. I would however like to single out Ashley Barnes. He was playing wide left, so again he was out of position,But he made some superb tackles today, had a lot of energy and was very unlucky not to open the scoring. A very good game for Ash today. 8/10.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Brez 8-looks more and more solid. His height is great advantage and his kicking improving
Painter-off after 10 mins
Dunk-8-composed and solid
Greer-7.5
Calderon-6.5-good going forward, not so great defending. Positioning sometimes poor
Buckley-7.5 First goal a fluke, second well finished. Seems to take a while to come to life in some games (or is that just his languid style)?
JFC-7.5-a wise head on young shoulders
Sparrow-7-Liking him more this season. Works very hard
Bridcutt-8-Very good IMO
CMS-7-Looked lively but two good defenders handled him well. No real chances.
Barnes-7.5-Looked purposeful and made some things happen. Didn't always link with CMS
El_Abd-8-Immense, even at left back. His passing seems so much better.
Toby-8-Really injected some energy
Navs-7-Did his job.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Most did very well today, some did excellently. I would however like to single out Ashley Barnes. He was playing wide left, so again he was out of position,But he made some superb tackles today, had a lot of energy and was very unlucky not to open the scoring. A very good game for Ash today. 8/10.

Absolutely this. I'm usually one of the haters, but was incredibly impressed by Barnes' defensive work today. I hardly saw any of the 'Boro players get round him. Outstanding defensive work. I'm still not entirely sold on him, but today has bolstered him in my eyes.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Gus was saying how certain players do a huge job tactically for the team. CMS being one. Barnes is certainly another. I'm sure he'd much rather be up alongside CMS.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Brez 8
Painter 7
Greer 8
Dunk 8
Calderon 8
Buckley 9
Sparrow 8
Forster Caskey 8
Bridcutt 8
Barnes 9
CMS 8

subs
El Abd 8
Navarro 8
Adgestein 8

Brighton fans 10

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
GK Brezovan - 7 Rarely tested
RB Calderon - 8 Good defensively and going forward.
LB El-Abd - 7 Steady job after a early booking.
CB Dunk - 7.5 Nervous start but got better and better to repel Peterborough's second half pressure.
CB Greer - 8 Continues to impress this season. Rock solid as usual.

CM Briducutt - 9 MOM Superb display again by the diminutive midfielder. Always in the right place to break up opposition attacks.
CM Sparrow - 8 Continues his run of good form. Shooting was a little wayward but always prepared to get ahead of the ball to support CMS
CM Forster-Caskey - 8.5 Another great game, cannot believe he is only 17. Going to be a hell of a player.

RM Buckley - 9 Always dangerous. The best of our three super wingers.
LM Barnes - 7.5 Put in a shift, and helped protect El-Abd second half who was on a booking.

Str - CMS - 7 Plenty of work but again frustrated in front of goal.

Navarro & Adgestein 7/10 both contributed to an excellent afternoon for the Albion.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Bridders & Buckley, simply outstanding. I think they both will be subject to interest from prem teams in the summer. Hope I'm wrong

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Brez - 7
Calde - 7
AEA - 7
Dunk - 8
Greer - 7
Bridders - 8
Sparrow - 7
Navarro - 7
Barnes - 8
Buckley- 9
CMS - 8
JFC - 7
Agdestein - 8

Overall an excellent performance and the team are getting back to playing their best football.

The spell in the second half where we strung around 30 passes together was just sublime!

Barnes had an outstanding game as did CMS. Biggest plus of the day- Toby coming off the bench- shit, what a player...absolutely amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here