Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Peterborough away

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Two months ago... with the Albion seemingly in trouble we asked.... why not try JFC... why not give Toby a run?

Prophetic eh? Seems Gus was thinking the same way.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just seen the highlights, very clever ball by Toby yet again to lead up to the goal, draws two three defenders and finds Buckley in loads of space!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Brezovan - 7 (Did what was needed, wasn't helped by strong winds in the second half)

Painter - n/a (Brought back too soon, or was it just a bad coincidence?)
Greer - 8 (Great, solid Captain's performance)
Dunk - 8 (Solid today - an unaffected performance)
Calderon - 7 (Had a couple of bad moments, but also some great attacking play)

Buckley - 9 (Oh so reliable! Utter class, I hope we hang onto him for many years to come. MoM)
Bridcutt - 9 (Quality, I especially noticed today how much tackling he does!)
Sparrow - 8 (Another fantastic show)
Forster-Caskey - 8 (Great link-up play, so far it seems like all the hype was justified!)

Mackail-Smith - 7 (Looked destined to score for the first half an hour, but slackened a bit)
Barnes - 7 (Almost back to his best with some good defensive work too)

----------

El-Abd - 8 (Pretty flawless performance, some vital tackles too)
Agdestein - 8 (Extremely promising, if he can assist the winner in 5 minutes what else will he be able to do!)
Navarro - 7 (Didn't have enough time to make an impact, but nothing disastrous happened!)

You gave Barnes your equal worst mark. Others used words such as "very good game" and "incredibly impressed". Guess you are prejudiced by his previous unpopularity on here?!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I have never posted ratings before so here goes.

Brez............ Did what he had to do okay, slow on distribution a couple of times 8

Calderon....... Some timely interceptions on the right and linked up well with Buckley at times.

GG............... Well done captain, a good return.

Dunky.......... 2 good timely tackles in the first half in our box, developing very nicely thankyou.

AEA.............. Strong in the tackle, commited and hardened to the cause.

Not to upset anyone but I would like to mark the defence as a unit 8.5

Bridcutt.........Some good touches/tackling and distribution 8

JFC................Good passing and linked well with the right side, looked tired out when subbed...gave his all 8.5

Sparrow.........Not as influencial today as the other two, having said that didn't let anyone down 7.5

Barnes........... Held the ball up well on occasions and instrumental in a couple of the build ups 8

Buckley.......... Take a bow, MOM 9.5

CMS............... Tired me out just watching him run about, may I be bold to say some composure needed in opps box? 7.5

Subs.............. Adgestein 7 Navarro 6.5 Painter 6 ( appears not to be over recent injury just yet? )

Ref..... 7 How many chances did you really need to give Tomlin?

Fans..... Ours 10/10 Posh 3/10 You did sing for 3 mins post your goal I suppose?

Well there it is the first one, obviously not fact but jusy my opinion...........Super Seagulls!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep these coming - top post

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
Keep these coming - top post

Thanks TRHK, much appreciated. Unfortunately living here in Notts I don't get to as many games as I would like, normally seagulls player is my portal to the footballing rollercoaster that is the Albion. Next up for me though will be Hull and Donnie so watch this space :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You gave Barnes your equal worst mark. Others used words such as "very good game" and "incredibly impressed". Guess you are prejudiced by his previous unpopularity on here?!

Lots of people are prejudiced against barnes, giving him lower marks for his great games, and lower marks for his poor games - the team got slaughtered for their performances against wrexham, with comments suggesting the worst performance ever, yet a bad as the performances were none of the players were given the sort of low marks barnes gets when he has a bad game.

I think everyone has a player like that, and conversely one they mark higher for good and bad performances than they generally give. I just think barnes is a popular choice for the lower marks.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average ratings v Peterborough (13 votes)

Bridcutt 8.54
Buckley 8.35
Forster Caskey 8.35
Barnes 8.15
Dunk 8.15
Greer 8.08
El-Abd 8.04
Agdestein 8.00
Mackail-Smith 8.00
Sparrow 7.96
Brezovan 7.92
Calderon 7.92