Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Orient vs Brighton

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Are you kidding, have you ever played football? That was one of the decisions that really annoyed me. There was nothing in that challenge and Bangura had to jump the way he did, there was no intent to hurt the opposition. Anyone who has played football could see that.

Agreed, could not understand how it was a booking. He jumped with his arms down, and no-intent at all as his eyes were fixed on the ball. The ref yesterday was giving bookings away to both teams for anything at all, like others around me where saying, its a shame this is what its come to.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Andersen - 7 - clean handling, left exposed by defence at times
Whing - 7 - excellent motivation, my only issue is he does not get tight enough and too many crosses and shots come from his side, he was better on the ball today though. One awful header across goal that lead to their offside goal, criminal to send headers back across your own box.
Heath - 6 - solid as we have had at the back especially first half, that said he gave the referee every opportunity to give the penalty, a useful acquisition
El-Abd - 7 - Solid game, I just wish at time he would think where he heads the ball rather than just sending free headers to the opposition
Borrowdale - 6 - Tidy on the ball and looks confident, I spoke to a palace fan on the way up who said he is toilet, let's hope he is wrong
McLeod - 4 - Lazy, unfit, poor crossing, poor dead ball, suggest we already rule him out of future games
Jarrett - 5 - Plenty of endeavour but just has no idea what he is doing on th eball, seems to create good skill to beat himself and then loose the ball. Someone just tell him to win the ball and give a 5 yard pass and then hold
Bangura - 8 - Most attacking midfielder we have had since Hammond, good luck to him to carry on, liked the look of him
Fraser - 3 - I am sorry HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THIS LEAGUE. PLEASE SEND HIM TO LEWES. He can not play centre midfield so why try him on the flank? Kevin Keehan please come and take him asap.
Owusu - 7 - Good debut, strain seemd to set him back but he kept going
Davies - 6 - I disagree with some of the flack he is getting here. Numerous times he made crap delivery into ball retention. At times he gives up on tracking back which in this team you can not afford to do.

Subs
Carole - 7 - We have to accomodate Seb in the team and get Jarret holding so he can fill in the gaps that Seb leaves, if we want to win games we have to gamble on players like cox and seb playing rather than useless McCleod and Frasier on the flanks
Livermore - 6 - Can not say I noticed him much.

A most disappointing afternoon, really, really gutted. I take faith that this was not really Slade's debut but the next 2 games will be, let's see what he can do.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Are you kidding, have you ever played football? That was one of the decisions that really annoyed me. There was nothing in that challenge and Bangura had to jump the way he did, there was no intent to hurt the opposition. Anyone who has played football could see that.

Sorry, I give in to your better knowledge of the game. I've obviously never, ever played football at any sort of level!?

The fact that he jumped in, led with his elbow and smacked the guy in the head obviously means there was nothing in the challenge. I bow to your superior knowledge!!

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

El-abd - Miss timed a lot of headers, didn't look his normal self
Heath - Won everything, harsh decision for the pen considering how much he was backing in
Fraser - shouldn't play RM
Owusu - terrible touch and lack of pace but very affective in the air, needs some one with the intelligence to play off him
Davies - Pace and thats about as far as it goes, he will make the runs and get a decent position and then kick it off or at someone or give away a free kick.

We dearly missed Forster (and Murray)

P.S. Albion's manager clearly doesn't know as much as you either...

"Maybe we were slightly fortunate we kept a player on the pitch'

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Agreee, did not even think it was a foul, he did not raise his hands at all, just collided, fans got him booked. Agree have you ever played the game mate ??

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Agreee, did not even think it was a foul, he did not raise his hands at all, just collided, fans got him booked. Agree have you ever played the game mate ??

The answer is 'yes' - just with different rules to you obviously

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Borrowdale - 6 - Tidy on the ball and looks confident, I spoke to a palace fan on the way up who said he is toilet, let's hope he is wrong

Your Palace mate is right Borrowdale is SHIT. Out of position more times than not. Can't believe he has been scored so highly on this thread.

And anyone who marks Mcleod more than Fraser wasn't watching the same game as me or at least from the same part of the stadium.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
agree with this, we are in deep shit - time to gamble on more creativity.

As do I.

Livermore and Fraser on the wings (even though it was for a short time) was an extremely negative decision.

McLeod/Cox/Carole are the players we need if we're going to try and attack teams, especially in games that we should win like yesterdays...

hack

Feb 24, 2009
Anderson-6 Kicking was just terrible, he'll fit right in. Didn't have a lot else to do
Whing 7 Seems to be getting better as the season goes on
heath-6 Looks like a good player having a slightly below par game. Welcome addition, shame about the soft penalty
El-abd-5.5 Lost way too many headers, and we always looked in trouble when that happened. Looked like he didn't know where he was for the goal
Borrowdale-7 Classy. May not miss McN as much as I'd feared
Fraser-5.5 Not a right winger, play him in the middle PLEASE, then we can see if he's good enough
Jarrett-5 Hmmmmmm
Al Bangura-8 Good touch and composure, and a bit of bite. Seemed to have more time on the ball and did this odd thing of passing to a blue shirt instead of hoofing all the time. Reminded me of what Savage brought to the midfield. Have seen people sent off for challenges like his though, but booking was fair
Mcleod-5 Started well, and actually chased a couple of balls. Desperatly short on confidnece (I hope, otherwise he's not good enough)
Davies-7 Need a goal. Was impressed with running, and holds up a ball well, but another one shy on confidence. Reckon he'll be OK when he scores
Owosu-7.5 Just the player we need when we hoof so much from the back

Seb-6 Shame, wish he'd started cause they were there for taking in the first half. Didn't do enough when he came on though
Livermore-5.5 nothing of note, still think there's a great player there somewhere trying to get out

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Andersen 6: Very good distribution throwing the ball, must have borrowed FDM's banana boots when kicking, looked solid.
Borrowdale 5: Don't think I saw him in the Orient half the whole game, could be worse, but fairly anonymous.
Heath 5: Won a lot in the air, very silly for the penalty, I know it was a soft one but no need to hug the opponent when the ref was already under pressure from the Orient fans.
El Abd 6: Some good blocks, McGleish was too crafty for him on occasions though. Indirectly responsible for the winner as Carole was screaming for the ball for 30 seconds out wide on the right, but Bomber hoofed it aimlessly up the park instead, and Orient broke and scored.
Fraser 4: Played out of position and looked lost
McLeod 5: Enigmatic as always, a couple of decent crosses, but appears to be one paced.
Bangura 6: Wants the ball all the time, a bit rash on occasions.
Jarrett 6: Looked frustrated a lot of the time as there was no one to pass to.
Davies 6: Thought he worked tirelessly, chased lost causes, held up the ball well, but lacks composure in front of goal.
Owusu 7: Won everything in the air, some sublime flicks for other players, if we had had Forster or Murray alongside him we would not have lost.

Pretty much go with that.

Except I thought Barrowdale looked best when going forward ( 1st half ) and I think Bangura's terrier style is just about on the right side of rash. If Bangura can knock his tendency to hoof it aimlessly at times on the head then I think he'll prove a very good addition indeed for us.

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Andersen: 7 Solid done all he had to do no chance with the two goals
Borrowdale: 6 Average
Heath: 6 Average
El abd: 6 Needs to gets rid of the ball a lot quicker than he does
Whing: 7 Best player for me just a shame he can't cross
Mcleod: 6 Tried but nothing there
Jarret: 4 Done nothing at all
Bangura: 7 Looked like he could create something which was more than the other could do
Fraser: 5 Battled well and got stuck in but pretty much the same as McLeod
Davies: 5 Bring back Robinson
Owusu: 7 Held the ball up really well reminded me of Bas Savage

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As do I.

Livermore and Fraser on the wings (even though it was for a short time) was an extremely negative decision.

McLeod/Cox/Carole are the players we need if we're going to try and attack teams, especially in games that we should win like yesterdays...

Mcleod frustrates me as he just doesn't look in decent enough shape to play the game at this level. Only seems abve to contribute crosses, and as we don't seem to be able to get players into the box quick enough anyway, he's often wasted.

Was at the ground very early yesterday and Cox was out doing what I can only assume was a late fitness test ? Not actually sure if he made the bench or not ?

I felt sorry for Fraser as he was clearly lost over on the right. I know Seb is good as an impact player, but I think he should have started yesterday instead of Fraser.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Was at the ground very early yesterday and Cox was out doing what I can only assume was a late fitness test ? Not actually sure if he made the bench or not ?

Cox was suspended.

Probably trying to impress the new manager.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cox was suspended.

Probably trying to impress the new manager.

What of Sully and Birchall ? :dunce:

I'm assuming Sully was injured as I can't see any reason to play Anderson instead otherwise. I also noticed from arriving early that the old boy taking keeper warm up ( don't know who that is since whathisname left for Norwich :blush: ) spent a lot of time on Andersons first touch and kicking off the ground - I can't think why :lolol:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Anderson-5 (Should of taken charge of crosses but handling was decent most of the time)

Whing-7 (Showed heart,and was an attacking threat but really didnt do much)
Heath-6 (Ok in the air Caught out of position a few times)
Elabd-6 (Decent in the air but at times vunerable)
Borrowdale-6 (Out of position a few times when he was going forward looked decent)

Fraser-5 (Showed heart as normal but didnt have a brilliant game)
Bangura-7 (Thought he was decent in the midfield looked pretty solid throughout)
Jarret-6 (Fought for the ball well and ran his legs of but a little ineffective in truth)
Mcleod-6.25 (Looked good first 20 minutes but faded out and didnt do much after)

Owusu-6.5 (Won all the balls in the air but didnt really look a huge thread upfront)
Davies-6 (Not on form with a bit of confidence i think this lad will score bagfulls)

Subs.....
Carole-5 (Players seem to overlook him when he is in acres of space...)
Livermore-5 (Didnt do anything really....)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yoda;2841423 Davies - 5 - Tiresome running but nothing stood out apart from that. Poor first touch.[/QUOTE said:
Most people on here have talked about Davies' tireless running.

This is a different take on things!

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009
Andersen - 6 - Okay but kicking poor, dont see that he really improves on Kuipers or Sullivan
Whing - 6 - Exposed at times but committed as usual. goals came from his side.
Heath - 7 - A solid debut and well taken goal, but gave away the pen.
El-Abd - 7 - Did okay and looks to comand a more olid defence.
Borrowdale - 7 - Tidy game
Fraser - 5 - Not a winger and should be central.
Jarrett - 6 - After a promising start now believe hat he is a little overrated.
Bangura - 7 - Did okay but do not feel that he gives us any more than Fraser in holding midfield
McLeod - 4 - Unfit as usual, talented player but needs to be fit before he gets near the team.
Davies - 5 - Anonomous mostly but came alive in the final 15 minutes. Tried hard.
Owusu - 6 - Very lively in the first half, struggled for the last half an hour.

Livermore - 6 - looked good on the left
Carole - 6 - Great flair player but will always leave full back exposed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here