Fraser: 5
Davies: 6
Owusu: 7

Carole: 6
Livermore: 5

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think that about sums it up - Though would have Fraser below McLeod. At least he looked like he might do something.

I think the keeper loan signing is due to Kuipers injury and Sullivan having to have injections in his knee.

Didn't know about Sullivan having an injury problem as well. I still think an experienced keeper would be better in our current situation (like Dave Beasant when we were in the sh1t a few seasons ago)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Didn't know about Sullivan having an injury problem as well. I still think an experienced keeper would be better in our current situation (like Dave Beasant when we were in the sh1t a few seasons ago)

Yeah agreed, though I guess its a bit difficult at short notice. I don't think the keeper did much wrong today other than this kicking, and that wasn't helped by some poor back passes. We've had the problem with Kuipers for years anyway!

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yeah agreed, though I guess its a bit difficult at short notice. I don't think the keeper did much wrong today other than this kicking, and that wasn't helped by some poor back passes. We've had the problem with Kuipers for years anyway!

Fair point. I'd certainly prefer a keeper to be a great shot stopper and good at taking crosses etc. than being a great kicker!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Andersen - 7 - Solid enough, but kicking was odd
Whing - 7 - Looked up for it and battled well
Heath - 8 - Looked solid, and was unlucky with the pen
El-Abd - 7 - Good solid display
Borrowdale - 7 - Looks similar quality to McNaulty at first sight
Fraser - 6 - Played out of position, but as ever battled well
Jarrett - 6 - Not one of his better games. Struggled second half
Bangura - 7 - Looked great for first sixty minutes but like Jarrett faded badly
McLeod - 6- Looked fitter and showed more desire than seen for a while, but didn't do too much
Davies - 6 - Average performance, but worked hard as ever. Doesn't look like a goal scorer though.
Owusu - 6 - Good solid performance, caused lots of problems in the first half. Poor service second half and he appeared to pick up a small injury in the second half or had cramp.

Livermore - 6 - Average from Mr Average
Carole - 6 - Did okay, but as always the good stuff was mitigated by the bad.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Bangura - 8 - Best player on the pitch by a mile. Could be a great loan signing (if we can keep him for longer). Lucky not to be sent off though

Are you kidding, have you ever played football? That was one of the decisions that really annoyed me. There was nothing in that challenge and Bangura had to jump the way he did, there was no intent to hurt the opposition. Anyone who has played football could see that.

El-abd - Miss timed a lot of headers, didn't look his normal self
Heath - Won everything, harsh decision for the pen considering how much he was backing in
Fraser - shouldn't play RM
Owusu - terrible touch and lack of pace but very affective in the air, needs some one with the intelligence to play off him
Davies - Pace and thats about as far as it goes, he will make the runs and get a decent position and then kick it off or at someone or give away a free kick.

We dearly missed Forster (and Murray)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Andersen - 5 - don't recall him making a save, kicking was shite.
Whing - 7 - gave it everything once again
Heath - 6 - didn't look a liability but i suppose cocked up for the pen
Borrowdale - 6 - quite
El-abd - 7 - fairly commanding
Fraser - 4 - totally out of position
Jarrett - 2 - clearly has no interest in playing for Brighton & Hove Albion. Get rid.
Bangura - 6 - faded badly but looked bright
McLeod - 6 - our most creative player, shouldn't have been subbed I don't think.
Davies - 1 - Eeyoore, eeyoore, eeyoore
Owusu - 6 - strong battling performance.

Livermore - 5
Carole - 4

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Andersen - 7 - Good kicking. Dodgy kicking at times.
Whing - 7 - Good game, as in recent weeks. Comfortable on the ball.
El Abd - 6 - Decent in the air. Should have shown Thornton outside when he scored.
Heath - 7 - Won everything in the air, scored, bit conceded the pen.
Borrowdale - 6 - Nothing wrong, but needs games.
Mcleod - 5 - Unfit and didn't look a threat even when given chance to go forward.
Jarrett - 6 - Steady but not his most effective game.
Al Bangura - 8 - Lively and energetic.
Fraser - 6 - Did a job bu not a winger.
Owusu - Impressive debut. Won everything in the air and held the ball well.
Davies - 6 - Touch off in first half but worked tirelessly.

Subs

Livermore - 6 - Should have started.
Carole - 6 - Did OK.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Andersen: 4
Borrowdale: 6
Heath: 7
El abd: 7
Whing: 7
Mcleod: 5
Jarret: 6
Bangura: 9
Fraser: 5
Davies: 6
Owusu: 8

Carole: 6
Livermore: 6

Thought Bangura was class today and had Forster been involved e would have scored a hatfull from Owusu's work

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Andersen 6 - Not the worst debut I've ever seen (Michel at Southend :laugh: ), but I was disappointed by him. Too early to judge though.
Whing 8 - Because the man is a lion. He wasn't brilliant to be fair, but his fighitng spirit and attitude in the last 2 games have been amazing for someone who comes from the Midlands and supports Aston Villa, he is 100% committed to this club and for that, I have massive respect for him.
Heath 6 - The penalty was at the far end from me, but it looked a daft challenge if a harsh one to penalise. His goal was well taken though and he kept the defence in some sort of shape.
El-Abd 5 - Played everyone onside more than once in the second half, he did what he needed to ok, but he didn't look comfortable at times when Demetriou attacked him in that second half, I thought the danger had passed when he went off, actually.
Borrowdale 7 - My type of player. Left footed, technically gifted, quick and agile. I thought he looked a class act and I hope he's here for the rest of the season.
Fraser 5 - Ah Tommy, I really like him, but not as a footballer. He isn't up to the job with the Albion, perhaps he could go somewhere new and make a fresh start and have a career, but I don't think he's good enough. That said, to play him wide right helps noone and only makes people think Tommy is useless, when he's not. He's an effective but staggeringly uncreative central midfielder.
Jarrett 6 - Wow, what's the point? Thomson could neither attack nor defend, and Jarrett is the perfect replacement. He doesn't hold the midfield and he doesn't break forward from it. So, what exactly is he doing in there? We lack shape in the centre and he really needs to get some tactical awareness, hopefully the new manager will give him that.
Bangura 8 - Man of the match by a mile for me, classy and techincally gifted, put in some good tackles and got about the pitch really well. He looks a little bit blinkered to a pass though, there was a chance to release Carole late on wide right, but he held onto the ball too long. He's not played for a while though I don't think, and as with Andersen, too soon to be deffinitive about him.
McLeod 7 - Half sympathy vote. He put in some effort first half, chased down a couple of balls and his crossing was dangerous, his set pieces would have bought a goal had he stayed on. For once, I thought bringing him off was the mistake, rather than starting him in the first place!
Owusu 6 - Not my type of player, the big battering ram with little technical ability. I'm not going to criticise him on todays showing though, the effort was there and his touch looked better than I thought. He could be effective, but missed what should have been an easy header and didn't know what to do with his chance at the far post, with the ball dropping onto his foot. He'll be a good foil for Murray though I think/hope.
Davies 6 - Effort, desire, passion. Some might disagree, but I thought he played his heart out today. Ok, he didn't have a great game and his touch was tosh, his finishing wasn't great and his general play wasn't exciting. But he kept trying and he kept making himself available, I think he'll be an asset but isn't helped by the manager who persauded him to join leaving so soon. He looks a little bit disorientated, if you know what I mean?

Carole 6 - Nothing special from the Seb.
Livermore 6 - Didn't notice him in the slightest, which means he didn't f*** anything up, I'll give him a 6 for that!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Andersen 6 = Shit kicking, good otherwise.

Whing 7 = Good going forward, comfortable in possession, some trademark crunching tackles, but out of position a few times.

El-Abd 7 = Solid enough.

Heath 7 = Good work for the goal, right place right time. Took a few mins to get into it, but seemed comfortable at the back. Very unlucky with pen IMO.

Borrowdale 6 = Very good first half, looks composed on the ball. Faded a bit in the second.

Fraser 4 = A luxury we can't afford at the moment. He isn't physically strong enough (not his fault I know), and he is painfully casual in possession at times.

Bangura 7 = Some great work in the midfield, showing strength to keep the ball and some good passing. However, a few aimless hoofs forward as well, which seem to have been forgotten by everyone else.

Jarrett 5 = Not one of his better games, seemed a little over-confident in possession at times. Still like him in the team, though.

McLeod 6 = Played quite well in the first half I thought, was influential in our good start. Second half did nothing of note.

Davies 6 = Ran his arse off and showed some good strength, but touch and finishing sadly lacking. Needs a goal. Top man for coming over and clapping at the end, the defeat clearly meant something to him.

Owusu 7 = What we've been looking for for a while. Not just a big lump designed to win flick ons, showed a good touch and brought others into play.

Subs:

Carole 7 = Good intentions, just a shame some of the others weren't on the same wavelength.

Livermore 5 = Wasn't really involved, but I think its clear he needs to be in the team.

Slade 8 = Can't have had too much to do with today as White picked team. However, looked animated on the touchline and was very respectful to the travelling supporters.

Fans 9 = One of the best atmospheres of recent years. Was gobsmacked by how many were there.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
lot of people on there website saying similar things to:
there's absolutely no way on earth that we deserved to win that game. We were extremely lucky.

Brighton looked the more likely to win, but a draw would've been a fair result.

That first half performance was completely unacceptable. The second half couldn't have been any worse than the first.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Andersen - 5 - not impressed by him. appalling kicking and why throw out the ball quickly if your player isn't ready and it immediately puts him under pressure?
Whing - 8 - full of effort and doesn't shirk when things aren't going for him. i like him.
Heath - 7 - solid, although penalty looked soft. unlucky with header on target.
El-Abd - 6 - adequate
Borrowdale - 6 - Looked promising
McLeod - 5 - quality left foot but so half hearted at times. doesn't seem interested.
Jarrett - 5- disappointed with his lack of quality today, seemed to keep hold of the ball too long and then lose it.
Bangura - 6 - sometimes looked very good but some of his hoof ball was awful, really irritated me. don't agree he was our best player
Fraser - 4 - anonymous and no point having such an uncreative player on the wing.
Owusu - 6 - strong and powerful but was expecting more quality from him. good effort though.
Davies - 7 - worked really hard, troubled their defence but still seems a bit headless chicken

Subs
Carole - 6 - not the impact i was hoping. still, did ok and has quality. wanted him to have more of the ball.
Livermore - 5 - gone off him, he doesn't seem the player i remember at millwall.

fans - 10. amazing turn out and very vocal. despite the result, i realy enjoyed it although it was really div 2 quality.

Yoda

English & European
Andersen - 6 - Didn't have much apart from routine stuff to do. Looked ok apart but his kicking was dire. How anyone can say Michel's is bad after seeing that I do not know, do they coach their 'keepers kicking at Reading?
Whing - 8 - Gave all he could
Heath - 7 - Solid Debut. Couldn't see the penalty clearly from where I was. Unlucky not to get second goal.
El-Abd - 7 - Put himself about in his natural position.
McLeod - 5.5 - Started well, but faded. Would help if he looked up sometimes before he crosses te ball in open play.
Jarrett - 6 - Started slow, plenty of running, shame no one gave him much of an option when he had the ball.
Bangura - 8.5 - My MOM. Looks class and will only get better for us as match fitness improves. Lucky not to be sent off.
Fraser - 5 - Not a winger and we new that TWO years ago when he'd been asked to play there. What were you thinking White?
Owusu - 8 - Great in the air, think he well link up well with Forster up front once he's back to fitness as I believe he will be best at reading those flick ons.
Davies - 5 - Tiresome running but nothing stood out apart from that. Poor first touch.

Yoda

English & European
Are you kidding, have you ever played football? That was one of the decisions that really annoyed me. There was nothing in that challenge and Bangura had to jump the way he did, there was no intent to hurt the opposition. Anyone who has played football could see that.

He went flying in leading with his arm. As soon as I saw it I thought he was going to walk.

The closest thing I can use as an example was the Croatian who nearly took Joe Cole's head off.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Were we unlucky? I got that impression from the radio commentary.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Another game where we were " unlucky " to lose :yawn:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I think it is now very apparent that Fraser, McLeod and El-Abd are cleary not good enough for this divsion. Fraser is not a right hand side midfielder, McLeod is not fit or good enough, El-Abd makes 2 or 3 major mistakes every game and again today they score from it, when I played I would love to have got that amount of space on edge of box to turm and shoot

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Andersen 6: Very good distribution throwing the ball, must have borrowed FDM's banana boots when kicking, looked solid.
Borrowdale 5: Don't think I saw him in the Orient half the whole game, could be worse, but fairly anonymous.
Heath 5: Won a lot in the air, very silly for the penalty, I know it was a soft one but no need to hug the opponent when the ref was already under pressure from the Orient fans.
El Abd 6: Some good blocks, McGleish was too crafty for him on occasions though. Indirectly responsible for the winner as Carole was screaming for the ball for 30 seconds out wide on the right, but Bomber hoofed it aimlessly up the park instead, and Orient broke and scored.
Fraser 4: Played out of position and looked lost
McLeod 5: Enigmatic as always, a couple of decent crosses, but appears to be one paced.
Bangura 6: Wants the ball all the time, a bit rash on occasions.
Jarrett 6: Looked frustrated a lot of the time as there was no one to pass to.
Davies 6: Thought he worked tirelessly, chased lost causes, held up the ball well, but lacks composure in front of goal.
Owusu 7: Won everything in the air, some sublime flicks for other players, if we had had Forster or Murray alongside him we would not have lost.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Have to disagree. Is always last one to stop clapping fans, and I think he puts in loads of effort. Hoping there's more to come for him yet.

I agree worked really hard when he came on against northampton - tried hard as a loan striker against crewe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here