Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Orient vs Brighton

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Andersen - 7 - Impressed. Nothing he could do o prevent either goal. Tidy otherwise
Whing - 6 - Both goals came down the right, so he has to take his share of the blame, but over exposed all afternoon
Heath - 6 - A solid debut, but gave away the pen.
El-Abd - 8 - A great captain's performance
Borrowdale - 7 - Tidy and lively going forward
Fraser - 5 - Not a winger
Jarrett - 6 - Just doesn't do it for me.
Bangura - 7 - Promising debut
McLeod - 5- Unfit as usual, seems to lack the fight we need right now
Davies - 6 - Dire for much of the game, came alive in the final 15 minutes. Tried hard.
Owusu - 6 - Very lively in the first half, struggled for the last half an hour.

Livermore - 6 - looked good on the left
Carole - 6 - Some good moments, but left Whing exposed.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Andersen -6 Shocking kicking, solid otherwise. Harsh to drop Sully for him I think

Whing 6- Usual solid self

Heath 7- Impressed me. solid finish for goal, slightly unfortunate for pen.

El-Abd 6- Done far too easily for goal

Barrowdale 6- Nothing spectacular, nothing awful

Fraser 4- Very quiet, but clearly not a winger

Jarrett 4- Gave ball away far too cheaply at times

Bangura 7- I like what I see. More to come hopefully

Mcleod 5- Did nothing of note

Owusu 6- Great in the air, not very good on the deck. Good debut though

Davies 5- I still think there's more to come but not brilliant today.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Is it me, or does Davies not want to play for us? He's always put in a half arsed performance since he got here.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Is it me, or does Davies not want to play for us? He's always put in a half arsed performance since he got here.

Have to disagree. Is always last one to stop clapping fans, and I think he puts in loads of effort. Hoping there's more to come for him yet.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Shocking to see those names, and work out who was with BHA at the start of the season. Like a WWI Western Front rifle company.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Andersen - 5 - Can't kick a ball, made a decent save or two.
Whing - 6 - Gave 110% as usual, and got forward when possible.
Heath - 6 - Got the goal, but gave away the penalty.
El-Abd - 6 - Mopped up most balls, not sure about the last goal, will have to see the replay.
Borrowdale - 6 - Looked alright, didn't do THAT much I don't think.
Fraser - 4 - I saw him on the pitch, but not sure what he did.
Jarrett - 3 - Loses the ball too often, doesn't know what to do with the ball when he does have it.
Bangura - 7 - Looked decent and lively, the sort of midfielder we have been lacking all season.
McLeod - 5 - Few good moments, but often lazy.
Davies - 5- Should have done better with the chances he had, will rue missing that one on one with the keeper later on.
Owusu - 6 - Finally, a striker who can win headers. Hallelujah!

Livermore - 6 - Not much to comment on.
Carole - 6 - Why he doesn't start matches is beyond me. If Slade has any sense, he will be starting him on Tuesday.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
interesting how people see different games.

makes the world go around I suppose.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Did anyone see Davies crying at the end....Poor guy....:(

He should be crying, he's a striker and i believe strikers are supposed to score goals. He has missed loads of excellent oppotunities. If Murray and Forster were playing we would have won today.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

Of all things to say about Davies 'a half arsed' performer he isn't. I don't think he looked great today but he didn't stop trying and running - and he looked more upset than anyone at the end.

He definitely wants to play for us - he needs to score a goal and get some confidence.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Andersen: 6 - Did ok i suppose, dreadfull kicking though.
Borrowdale: 6 - again, did ok, decent enough debut.
Heath: 6 - Played fairly well, but stupid to concede the penalty
El abd: 7 - solid today, has gone up in my books, slowly improving.
Whing: 7 - great passion, always looks like he really wants a win, and gave 110%
Mcleod: 5 - still seems like we have not seen the best of him, dissapointing again and doesnt run at defences enough for me
Jarret: 5 - again, seems like he isnt up for it sometimes, and for a central midfielder has a terrible touch
Bangura: 7 - I like him, hard working, calm on the ball, seems like another Racon.
Fraser: 5 - almost anonymous, not a winger, would rather see carole or livermore start out wide.
Davies: 6 - kept running, and tried all day, but just wasnt his afternoon, again i think there is much more to come. Looked very depressed at the end.
Owusu: 7/8 - thought he played very well, won headers and held the ball up well bringing others into the game. Got in good positions too but just couldnt get that goal.

Carole: made a slight impact - 6
Livermore: same again - 6
could someone tell me where cox and birchall were? injured? cheers

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Andersen - 6 - looked ok apart from his kicking (still think it's an odd loan signing)
Whing - 7 - gave everything and got forward when he could
Heath - 6 - competent. couldn't see the penalty incident from where I was. Should have scored a second with header in the second half
El-Abd - 7 - solid overall
Borrowdale - 7 - Looked good. Keen to get forward
McLeod - 4 - weak. Seems incredibly unfit to me.
Jarrett - 5- Doesn't create anything and didn't seem to break up their attacks either
Bangura - 8 - Best player on the pitch by a mile. Could be a great loan signing (if we can keep him for longer). Lucky not to be sent off though
Fraser - 5.5 - Tried hard as always. Played out of position
Owusu - 7 - Won every header. Held ball up well. Faded in second half
Davies - 5.5 - Never stopped running but no end product

Subs
Carole - 6 - Still got flair but looked unfit to me and left Whing with a lot to do
Livermore - 6 - OK

Last edited:

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
f*** me, missed one days edition of the arse gas, and had to come on here to find out the names of 2 of the players today, where and Why did Andersen and Borrowdale come from. Are we supporting Brighton and hove Albion or other clubs cast offs united

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Andersen - 6 - looked ok apart from his kicking (still think it's an odd loan signing)
Whing - 7 - gave everything and got forward when he could
Heath - 6 - competent. couldn't see the penalty incident from where I was. Should have scored a second with header in the second half
El-Abd - 7 - solid overall
McLeod - 4 - weak. Seems incredibly unfit to me.
Jarrett - 5- Doesn't create anything and didn't seem to break up their attacks either
Bangura - 8 - Best player on the pitch by a mile. Could be a great loan signing (if we can keep him for longer). Lucky not to be sent off though
Fraser - 5.5 - Tried hard as always. Played out of position
Owusu - 7 - Won every header. Held ball up well. Faded in second half
Davies - 5.5 - Never stopped running but no end product

Subs
Carole - 6 - Still got flair but looked unfit to me and left Whing with a lot to do
Livermore - 6 - OK

Think that about sums it up - Though would have Fraser below McLeod. At least he looked like he might do something.

I think the keeper loan signing is due to Kuipers injury and Sullivan having to have injections in his knee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here