Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings Coventry Away

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
noone was the only player who looked likely to score or create a goal, backed up by the fact he was kicked off the pitch.
Maybe I was a little generous, but he was at least our MOM.

Ultimately though he created no chances and had no shots. I appreciate he got his head down and ran with the ball well, but it was dead end wingplay. I thought KLL looked better, he beat the defender and put the ball into dangerous positions.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Casper 4: Looks very uncertain on crosses, beaten (by a good shot) from 20+ yards for the first goal, and indirectly caused the second with an unnecessary FISTING for the second. One excellent save late on.
El Abd 3: Another embarrassing feigning of injury to try to get opponent booked, backed off, and off, and off against McSheffery for the first.
Tano 5: Looks classy on the ball as always and they still can't beat him for pace, BUT...........he is assistant manager and should show some maturity. Got into a scrap at half time with Cov's number 8 and such theatrics not needed at present.
Greer 4: Nearly gave Cov 2 goals with passes directly to them, defended the line well otherwise.
Dunk 4: Again gave possession away in our third, unnecessary yellow card, you might get an unlucky one or two in a season.........but TEN in 20 matches is ridiculous.
Sparrow 5: Didn't notice him, but at least he broke forwards to support CMS when possible.
Noone 3: When you are the last man back, don't try to drop the shoulder and dribble past an opponent. Looked good going forward but responsible for a goal.
Harley 4: The only player who can unlock the opposition defence, has vision and skill BUT dead ball delivery was poor and he is clearly the target of the boo boys because (in the words of one salad dodger sitting behind me) he doesn't put in any 'effort'.
Navarro 5: Tried to cover every inch of the pitch, ridiculous booking for taking a free kick quickly. Ultimately struggles to impose himself against bigger and more athletic opponents.
Paynter 3: Had a shot in first half, won little in the air, and less on the floor.
CMS 4: One on one against keeper in first half and shot straight at him, won nothing in air, had half chance in second half but put it into Row Z.

Subs: KLL 6: Direct, beats defenders, needs the ball
Buckley 5: Similar to KLL but some poor touches
Forster Caskey 5: Got stuck in, but overrun at times and a few unforced errors.

Where the f*** have you been for the last 2 seasons. as a moderator you can look back at all threads and see weve been saying this since last year!!! The guy is incompetent!! Simple. Cannot, will not, come confidently for crosses.
This is a major factor in our slide down the table. No fucker has any confidence in him and rightly so. He flaps at f***ing everything from the left and right!! Lewes or Mile Oak becon!!

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Accepted he gave the ball away for the 1st goal but we were in deep in their half. If one of the players who got back and McSheffrey shot past had taken him out, it would not have been an issue. noone was the only player who looked likely to score or create a goal, backed up by the fact he was kicked off the pitch.
Maybe I was a little generous, but he was at least our MOM.

Noone,hmmmm if he put as much effort and concentration as he does chucking himself on the floor like a spoilt 10 year old,he would be loads better.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ultimately though he created no chances and had no shots. I appreciate he got his head down and ran with the ball well, but it was dead end wingplay. I thought KLL looked better, he beat the defender and put the ball into dangerous positions.

Noone runs like a headless chicken a lot, he can't cross and fails to pass when he should a hell of a lot of the time, LuaLua can at least beat a man and whip a decent cross in as proven today.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Whole team deserve f*** all for that pathetic shit i saw today,all were as shit as each other,take away the 9 points we got lucky to win, forest,derby,coventry,and we would be looking at relegation fight.

Some people hate criticism but the bare f***ing facts lie. We struggle to create, we leak like a sieve!! Combined its a recipe for f***ing disaster. The rose tinted brigade need to Wake up FFS. Superfan or not, we need to buy buy buy and give the likes of Buckley, Vicente, CMS, Noone, Greer some real support.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
I would still argue that had he not been scythed down on a couple of occasions his "dead-end" wing play may have delivered end product. Like most of us, I have been waiting for the day we can start both Kaz and Noone, today I hoped was the day, with Coventry looking a poor side, even against us!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Noone runs like a headless chicken a lot, he can't cross and fails to pass when he should a hell of a lot of the time, LuaLua can at least beat a man and whip a decent cross in as proven today.

Agree with this. I didn't go today, but over the course of the season this seems to sum it up. Noone flatters to deceive a lot, runs about with lots of energy and gets past the first man but his final ball is more often than not woeful (which I why I wasn't concerned about transfer rumours regarding him). LuaLua can beat the defender and deliver a more dangerous ball, however the advantage to Noone is that he can last for longer than LuaLua and is better at tracking back and defending

bring_zamora_home

Mar 16, 2011
Ankergren - 2. Really isn't up to this standard

El Abd - 5. Looked better then reading game but jumps in and never goes forward

Dunk - 6. Looked ok again playing in a diff role played some nice balls down line to noone

Greer - 5. Did ok but gave ball away to much trying to play 50yard balls

Taricco - 6. Did everything asked of him and dried to get forward as much as he could.

Harley - 3. One of his better games but still not up to it walks around when they had the ball and just looks like he doesn't want it. Hit the first man on every set play he took.

Sparrow - 5. Good work rate nothing wrote but did nothing special

Navarro - 6. Thought navs had a good game but not as good as bridcutt

Noone - 4. Looks like he is the best player on pitch but never seems to provide a final ball no crosses and no shots.

Paynter - 1. Waste of space can't hold the ball up when he try's with his feet he gets tackled or just loses it by himself as needs to much time. Never wins a head as he never actually try's to jump just try's to lean on defender or push them out the way he's meant to win the ball and flick ons but never jumbo for them. Would much rather see a youngster up top.

Mackail-Smith - 4. Can't fault his work rate as always but am starting to doubt hi finishing has missed some easy chances lately and should have at least tested the keeper better on the one on one.

Buckley - 5. Did ok beating his man a few time and crossing a few balls

LuaLua - 8. Looked back to old shelf beating his man every time putting in loads of crosses and some very dangerous ones also cuts in and shots something we need a lot more of. He just looked like he wanted to ball even going in field looking for it.

Forster-Caskey - 6. Some nice touches didn't look out of place

Without sounding like I'm moaning but we haven't scored for 4games and not many in last 9 games so why do we not have another stricker on bench even if it's just to give 10mins at the end would be happy to see cms come off at 2 Niall down if he hasn't done much, I know Hoskins and Barnes were out but that's when a young forward could have come in and made his mark how many prem clubs would carry on starting a forward that doesn't score. ??????

Also love to see us play 4-3-3 with lua lua and noone part of the 3 up top

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i think we suffered today alright.

The team looked really ashamed and embarrassed when they came over to clap us fans, and quite rightly they should have. The performance today wasn't their strongest, admittedly but we weren't really played off of the park. It was due to the fact we cannot score and we made a lot of unforced errors, and had a wank ref (making Noone walk all the way around, and letting the Cov player (with Cramp) walk straight across), silly booking of Navaro etc, and playing Billy Paynter (who really is poor (you watch him go back to leeds and score for fun)).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Where the f*** have you been for the last 2 seasons. as a moderator you can look back at all threads and see weve been saying this since last year!!! The guy is incompetent!! Simple. Cannot, will not, come confidently for crosses.
This is a major factor in our slide down the table. No fucker has any confidence in him and rightly so. He flaps at f***ing everything from the left and right!! Lewes or Mile Oak becon!!

He is a good shot stopper but weak on crosses. Having said that Sexy Pete, Poke and Harper are not improvements.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Based on 5 being average:

Ankegren: 4 - Inspires little confidence, can't deal with crosses and doesn't come off his line. Unfortunately, not good enough for the championship.
Dunk: 5 - Did o.k. Unfortunate booking.
Greer: 5 - Did o.k.
El Abd: 4 - struggled for pace and backed off players running at him too much too much. Was good at the physical side of the game and stopped their big lump of a forward from bullying our backline.
Tarrico: 4.5 Generally did o.k. Probably should have stopped the coventry cross for their second goal.
Navarro 5: Ludicrous booking. Did his best to help out the defense. Couldn't make any riskyish tackles after his booking which lead to us losing the initiative in midfield in the second half.
Sparrow: 4 - didn't really notice him.
Harley: 5 - Looked decent on the ball. He's clearly not much of a tackler so needs a solid couple of players behind him. Didn't have that yesterday and didn't deserve the abuse he got from the stands. Dead balls weren't too great.
Noone: 5- Had the beating of the coventry team but was chopped down every time he got the ball. Needs to improve decision making-when to shoot, pass, cross.
Paynter 4: Fairly ineffective.
Mackail Smith 5: Worked incredibly hard but didn't get much service. Missed a great opportunity when one on one.

Subs:
Buckley 4: Muscled off the ball.
Lua Lua 5.5: Had the beating of his man and put some decentish balls into the box. Came inside late on to try and spark something.
Forster Caskey: 5- Looked tidy.

Overall: 4
We were the better side in the first half with more off the ball and more attacking intent. The only threat coventry posed was when we made a mistake-misplaced passes etc. Their goal came from poor play by us. Noone losing the ball 35 yards from their goal when we had men forward and then everyone backing off their striker and allowing him to run 65 yards unchallenged to the edge of our box before anyone thouht to close him down. In the second half they were better than us. We couldn't get control in the middle and resorted to numerous long balls and high balls into the box(where we would only have one or two players). A poor second half crowned by another soft goal. The coventry winger allowed to cross, Ankergren coming and missing and a simple header from six yards for their player.

I know we were limited by the players available but it seemed like we only had one plan, and when that failed we had no idea what to do so resorted to lumping it. We need more variety in our game plan and really need to sort out our team defending. We back off opposing players far too much allowing them to run unimpeded into dangerous areas. We then rely on making last ditch blocks to stop the opposition. It seems a fairly poor tactic to me.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Mackail-Smith was poor yesterday
Saw signs of him being pissed off with those around him,the quality of crosses were not good and he was marshalled well by their centre backs
He is very much a confidence player and I think he will be back to his best after his next goal

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mackail-Smith was poor yesterday
Saw signs of him being pissed off with those around him,the quality of crosses were not good and he was marshalled well by their centre backs
He is very much a confidence player and I think he will be back to his best after his next goal

as long as it's not against Rochdale

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He is a good shot stopper but weak on crosses. Having said that Sexy Pete, Poke and Harper are not improvements.
I just can't understand why people don't think Harper is better than Ankergren? Our defence looked so much more secure and confident with him behnd them. He made saves Ankergren I don't think would have, and he actually dealt with crosses.

Paul Watson

Aug 23, 2009
Paynter - 1. Waste of space can't hold the ball up when he try's with his feet he gets tackled or just loses it by himself as needs to much time. Never wins a head as he never actually try's to jump just try's to lean on defender or push them out the way he's meant to win the ball and flick ons but never jumbo for them. Would much rather see a youngster up top.

Hmm if my memory serves me correct he actually won the flick on to set up CMS for his one on one attempt.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I just can't understand why people don't think Harper is better than Ankergren? Our defence looked so much more secure and confident with him behnd them. He made saves Ankergren I don't think would have, and he actually dealt with crosses.

Of course he is -but the rose tinted brigade defend up to the hilt unfortunately. Harper was far more commanding and it gave everybody a sense of relief that we actually had a keeper who was trustworthy.

Im not really sure why im posting this as some Rose tinted lunatic will obviously let me know that he was at fault with the west ham goal, which every knowledgeable fan knows he had zero time to adjust his position when bridcutt lost the ball. But feel free anyhow.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Taken from The People Newspaper by an independant reporter with no axe to grind and whom you would expect to know what he is talking about;

Ankergren 7 MOM for Brighton
El Abd 6
Greer 6
Dunk 6
Tarrico 6
Harley 6
Navarro 6
Sparrow 6
Noone 6
CMS 7
Paynter 6
Subs

Buckley 6
JFC 6
Lua Lua 7

This goes against what most of our own supporters are saying about Casper and perhaps indicates why Gus picks him week in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here