Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings Coventry Away

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Of course he is -but the rose tinted brigade defend up to the hilt unfortunately. Harper was far more commanding and it gave everybody a sense of relief that we actually had a keeper who was trustworthy.

Im not really sure why im posting this as some Rose tinted lunatic will obviously let me know that he was at fault with the west ham goal, which every knowledgeable fan knows he had zero time to adjust his position when bridcutt lost the ball. But feel free anyhow.

He had plenty of time to adjust his position. There is a further issue that he is content to pick up his wages of £15,000 a week in Newcastle and his family are settled there.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Taken from The People Newspaper by an independant reporter with no axe to grind and whom you would expect to know what he is talking about;

Ankergren 7 MOM for Brighton
El Abd 6
Greer 6
Dunk 6
Tarrico 6
Harley 6
Navarro 6
Sparrow 6
Noone 6
CMS 7
Paynter 6
Subs

Buckley 6
JFC 6
Lua Lua 7

This goes against what most of our own supporters are saying about Casper and perhaps indicates why Gus picks him week in.

As if they actually pay attention to how everyone plays. 6's overall indicate everyone was above average, which clearly was not the case.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Like most of us, I have been waiting for the day we can start both Kaz and Noone, today I hoped was the day, with Coventry looking a poor side, even against us!

Kaz and Noone both started against Leeds and look where that got us 0-2 down at half time, It was only when Noone was taken off at half time we got back into the game.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
take away the 9 points we got lucky to win, forest,derby,coventry,and we would be looking at relegation fight.

It could also be said if you took away the lucky points we got last season we would'nt even be in the championship but thats football, Even the best teams in the world get by on a bit of luck from time to time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We weren't lucky at Derby, teams were reasonably evenly matched and we took our chance. No different to our defeat to West Ham.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He had plenty of time to adjust his position. There is a further issue that he is content to pick up his wages of £15,000 a week in Newcastle and his family are settled there.

Of course he had time to adjust - silly me!

Nobody is suggesting that he isnt content in newcastle picking up 15k a week. When he replaced casper everyone felt a great deal happier/more confident that he commanded his area well. I dont care if we never see him in goal for us again, but one thing i do know is that we need a quality keeper otherwise were f***ed!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We weren't lucky at Derby, teams were reasonably evenly matched and we took our chance. No different to our defeat to West Ham.

I agree, we've hit a bad spell and now the team is completely written off by the all miserable supporters who seem to take pleasure in everything going wrong. The team played well at Derby and well worth the three points.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I agree, we've hit a bad spell and now the team is completely written off by the all miserable supporters who seem to take pleasure in everything going wrong. The team played well at Derby and well worth the three points.

I think the "bad spell" as you put it is more down to the fact that the half the players we field week in week out are simply not good enough in the championship. Its not really a bad spell just that were not good enough! Nobody wants to see us lose but some sense of realism here would not go a miss. Dont kid yourself that were reall top 6 material and were on a bad run because that blatantly isnt true.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average match ratings (11 votes)

Lualua 6.77
Forster Caskey 5.90
Noone 5.77
Navarro 5.18
Sparrow 5.18
Dunk 5.09
Taricco 5.05
Buckley 5.00
Greer 5.00
El-Abd 4.73
Mackail-Smith 4.73
Harley 4.09
Ankergren 3.82
Paynter 3.64

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Lualua 6.77
Forster Caskey 5.90
Noone 5.77
Navarro 5.18
Sparrow 5.18
Dunk 5.09
Taricco 5.05
Buckley 5.00
Greer 5.00
El-Abd 4.73
Mackail-Smith 4.73
Harley 4.09
Ankergren 3.82
Paynter 3.64

You got one of these put together for the season so far?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You got one of these put together for the season so far?

playerratings20120101.jpg

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Lualua 6.77
Forster Caskey 5.90
Noone 5.77
Navarro 5.18
Sparrow 5.18
Dunk 5.09
Taricco 5.05
Buckley 5.00
Greer 5.00
El-Abd 4.73
Mackail-Smith 4.73
Harley 4.09
Ankergren 3.82
Paynter 3.64

Harley, Ankergren and Paynter all dropped for Saints.

Does Gus read NSC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here