Propper 7
Bissouma 7
Mooy 9
Trossard 7
Ali J 7

Maupay 7

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ryan 7 - crucial save early doors and solid as a rock in everything he had to do ( admittedly not much
Montoya 7 - solid and dependable
Dunk 7.5 - in control of everything
Duffy 7 - Really good to see him back starting games - felt a lot more solid at the back/at corners, with him around
Burn 7.5 - He's really rather good, will be interesting to see how Bernardo fits in over the next couple of months.
Bissouma - 8 superb display - Beginning to prefer the Yves and Davy partnership - they work well together
Propper - 8 as above
Mooy 8.5 MOTM - yet another stand out performance - He's either in the form of his life or he's too good for us - sign him up
Trossard 7 - Cheeky assist - The guy has talent to spare, not his best overall performance, but still a real attacking threat that keeps multiple defenders occupied
Ali Jahanbaksh - 8 - Superb first half and lovely goal - really hoping this is teh launchpad he needs
Maupay 7 - At last he managed to get a proper assist, he has been frustrating me for weeks with his final ball when the shot isn't on for him.

subs - not enough time to rate

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 7 Clean sheet and very good save
Burn 7 OK and didnt get beaten on any one on ones
Dunk 8 Very good.Difficult for him when they high pressed making hard to play out.
Duffy 6 Not suited against sides that only play on deck.
Montoya 7 Good game and under rated
Bissouma 8 Have often thought casual and out of game for long spells. What a difference today What a shift,in defence and attack
Mooy 9 Enough said. Outstanding. Think thats first game in best position central midfield. Great to have player between half way and penalty area comfortable to receive ball.
Propper 7 Good game When you had someone as creative as Mooy all he had to do is keep things ticking along and he did
Trossard 7 Even when having quite game always likely to create something and he didnt let us down
Maupay 6 Will be a long time before he gets as many shooting chances and surprised didnt do better when one on one with defender
AL. 7 So pleased for him and marked up for goal. Poor 2nd half maybe was knackered

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Some top performances from our players today - lots of 8s and 9s.

As for BMuff, I used to like Steve Cook ( as an ex player) until his goal celebration against us last season - so I was delighted he played like a donkey today.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Some generous ratings for Duffy, King gave him a difficult time in the first half and you could tell he wasn't comfortable with the ball at his feet relative to the others, quite noticeable how he put the midfield under pressure with several of his short passes, thankfully it all worked out. However to have someone like him to step in and play two games in three days like that is great

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
It's great that this year the Man of the Match isn't constantly a defender!! Mooy was superb yesterday and quite rightly gets the plaudits, but the whole team knows what their role is and it a monumental improvement from last season. Special mention also for Burn, Propper and Bissouma who may have got MoM if Mooy wasn't on the pitch! Capt Dunk has really taken over the mantle from Bruno with another Rock solid performance and another who deserves some praise is Ali J who came back from the wilderness to set us on our way. I'm sure out of all the players, he will wake up the happiest this morning! Great team effort.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 7
Montoya 7
Duffy 6
Dunk 8
Burn 7
Propper 8
Bissouma 8.5
Mooy 9 MotM
Jahanbakhsh 7 (8 for first half, 6 for second)
Maupay 6
Trossard 6.5

Subs: n/a

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Generally agree with most of these, Duffy was off the pace 1st half and i'm glad that they didnt play tippy tappy across the box with Duffy playing.
Bit perplexed by some saying Ryan had nothing to do, that crucial save from King when duffy got done in the 1st half was superb, stopped Boremuff getting an early
equelizer and had strong wrists to palm in a long way clear.
Mooy, Bissuma, Propper were all superb as was BDB, like Bambi, his legs extend so far, he stops and intercepts so many shots and passes.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Some fascinating selection decisions coming up

Bissouma / Stephens
Webster / Duffy
Gross / Ali J

Not forgetting that Alzate and Connolly have done enough to be getting significant game time
Can Bernardo and Schelloto get any pressure on the places of the existing full backs?
Can Solly can back anywhere the team?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Bissouma / Stephens
Webster / Duffy
Gross / Ali J

Not forgetting that Alzate and Connolly have done enough to be getting significant game time
Can Bernardo and Schelloto get any pressure on the places of the existing full backs?

Team for Chelsea is going to be interesting.
Head says same starting 11 as v Muff but with Gross replacing Ali J.
Heart says Ali J should get a run in the side now.
Difficult one.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Matty Ryan: 7 Great run to join Mooy for the goal celebration!
Big Dan Burn : 7 A bit more conservative than normal which was good, very unlucky that VAR got his debut goal disallowed.
Captain Dunk: 8 Assured. Some nice passing.
Duffy: 6 Made two huge howlers and got away with it. We’d have been 2-1 down if it was the likes of Abraham & Willian nicking the ball off him. Back to the bench for Weds please.
Montoya: 7 Did well but not spectacular.
Bissouma: 8 Looks to move play forward all the time but was solid in the middle with Pröpper.
Mooy: 9 Wow. Favourite for POTS. A beautiful player and possibly, our best.
Pröpper: 8 Very disciplined with some great passes, made sure that Dale was not missed.
Trossard: 7 Great movement and positioning with a sublime Mooy-assist.
Maupay: 6 Should have had a lot more shots on target but worked his socks off.
Ali-J: 7 I’ve always said he’d come good. Scoring goals is what he is about and what we need him to do. Started on a 9 but faded. Once he has a handful of games under his belt, I expect regular 8+ performances and goals. A perfect pro.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A bit late to this...

Ryan 7 - did what he had to do well. His kicking wasn’t great again though.
Montoya 7 - had a good game going both ways but their best opportunities first half came down his side.
Duffy 6 - a much improved second half increases his rating, but he had an appalling first half with numerous mistakes and numerous poor positional choices. A more confident team than B-Mouth would’ve had a few goals against him in that time. Unfortunately, this is one of a number of poor recent performances when given a chance and this system just doesn’t look suited to him.
Dunk 8 - very good, and kept his partner above water in the first half.
Burn 8 - again, very good. Defended well, offered an aerial presence and got forward well in the second period.
Ali J 8 - he had a good game and scored an excellent goal. His delivery at times was poor from wide positions, but I’m so happy for the guy that he managed to show us something really positive.
Bissouma 8 - surely has to stay in the team. Moved the ball quickly, defended well, got forward with the ball when possible. Very positive all round.
Propper 9 - brilliant again. Often did the dirty work to allow Mooy to shine but knitted it all together beautifully.
Mooy 9.5 - the star of the show. I hope Potter keeps him in the midfield three rather than further forward as it’s so clearly his best position.
Trossard 7 - not his best game, particularly first half, but that ball for Mooy’s goal was sublime so he gets marked up for it.
Maupay 5 - a poor game all round. The ball didn’t stick to him nearly enough, he failed to get most of his shots on target, his movement was sluggish and he looks totally bereft of ideas when faced up with a last defender.

Subs
All of the subs - N/A weren’t on long enough to make a mark.

Potter 9 - found a balanced midfield today, which made such a difference. Got a tune out of Ali J which didn’t look possible. And made sure his team went for a weak B-Mouth. So all in all, very positive.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
The midfield looked so much more effective with this set up. Propper played deeper and without Dale alongside him was never tempted to play backwards or sideways and had his best game for us. Mooy with a man of the match performance played centrally pulling all the strings Best game for us. Bissouma looked absolute class and was box to box with defensive tackles and hitting the post the other end. Best game for us. I know we have to take into account the quality of the opposition on the day and it was not great but without Gross and Stephens our midfield looked to have pace and inventiveness. Propper and Stephens does not work as a pairing. Hopefully this midfield gets another chance to shine and that Stephens isn’t the cast iron certainty that he has always been. Propper looked a different player without him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Suddenly realised I'd done one of these for Sheffield Utd and not Bournemouth and it can't do to only rate the negative games. So....

Ryan 8 for the save in the first half, the two goal celebrations and being last off the pitch having gone to the North Stand to meet fans AGAIN. Absolute legend.
Montoya 7 - solid enough game but was Duffy covering his lack of postitioning when he was knocked off the ball? Both their good chances in the first half came down our right.
Burn 8. Should have had a goal. Desperately unlucky with VAR. Otherwise very, very good.
Dunk 8 Back to his quarterbacking best
Duffy 7 Solid in the air and obviously partners well with Dunk but off the pace in 1st half and one really bad error
Bissouma 9. Superb. Ran himself in to the ground. Would personally prefer him to Stephens against Chelsea
Mooy 10. Agree with the OP on this thread. Complete performance. Utterly superb.
Propper 9. Our midfield was better than theirs and Propper was equally as instrumental in that as the other two.
Ali J 9. Almost wanted to give him a 10. Looks like a new player and long may it continue.
Trossard 7. Not his best game but he creates space for us just by being selected. Teams have worked out they need to keep him quiet and that frees up space elsewhere. The assist for Mooy was top drawer.
Maupay 7 Lots of running, not much end product

Potter 10 - out thought Mr Smug. Thank God we now have a manager who can do that.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Some slightly harsh comments on Duffy in this thread, I feel. I love Potterball and I can absolutely see why G-Pot prefers Webster to Duffy, but Webster is in poor form and we were leaking goals. With Shane playing,
I thought we played a ‘Potterball-lite’ style, with less drawing of the press / inter-play at the back. It felt like ‘back to basics’ and I think it worked. Potter will be pleased because he now knows that he can temper his natural style with a dose of pragmatism ever now and again, and still see it work.

With the exception of 1 bad error on the west stand touch line in the first half, I thought Duffy was solid against Bournemouth and made the whole defence look far more assured. In the second half, he won the ball in the air several times and nodded it straight to our midfield - a commanding performance and a big difference from recent games.

Keeping a clean sheet was well overdue and the whole defence looked good. Burn had his best game for a while.

As for Mooy - no more superlatives needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Bissouma / Stephens
Webster / Duffy
Gross / Ali J

Agree there are some big decisions and you've called the right ones.Personally I would play Bissouma over Stephens against Chelsea (big call that though and he may still be knackered) and Duffy ahead of Webster to deal with Abraham. I would have put Gross in ahead of Ali every day and twice on Sundays until the Bournemouth game. We looked genuinely more threatening with Ali and Mooy gives us what Gross used to and more besides. That's the one I can't call.

I don't think Solly will be back until January given he had an operation (was looking quite fit yesterday dumping his Christmas rubbish at Hove dump though - my Mrs said "do you recognise that bloke, I really like his trainers" :lol:) but being match fit and being able to walk unaided are two different things. What's interesting is that there might be a wide attacking slot for him more than a wingback. More competition for Ali J - how will he react?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here