Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Bournemouth (h)

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan 7 easy day at the office,
Montoya 8 big fan and often under appreciated
Dunk and Duffy 8 I really like Webster but when these play together, it a real pleasure to watch them. A special mention for Shane, his attitude has been exemplary since being displaced, constant encouragement to the team and his smiles said how happy he was to be back an absolute titan.
Burn 8.5, he breaks the law of physics, someone so tall should not be so graceful and his energy levels are outstanding. Never really saw a regular place on the team before Potter but he has been truly outstanding
Propper 9 how good was he today, superb distribution and must lovee playing with Mooy
Bissouma 8 The wildcard, least predictable player in the team and there is always a risk associated with this type. I love him and he will grow into a top top player
Mooy 10 phenomenal, second time I’ve given him a 10. A sublime player, his goal was Berkampesque.
Trossard 8 that pass, seriously that pass was beautiful. Not his best game and I kind of love him from the bench
Jahanbakhsh 8.5 one of the most joyful moments of the season. I have sung my praise for his efforts. Great goal and contribute a lot to the team, great post match interview and you can see why he is popular with the team. Great great attitude.
Bench, all did the job required
Potter 10 tactically astute, knows when to rest players and when to give opportunities
Howe- runs the risk of going stale at Bournemouth and really deserves a bigger job but don’t think he will get it
Ref not much to say which is a good thing

Crowd - brilliant, they contribute so much to the confidence of the team hopefully we won’t hear anymore booing.

Special mention for Solanke, is he the worst striker in PL

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Dunk and Duffy 8 I really like Webster but when these play together, it a real pleasure to watch them. A special mention for Shane, his attitude has been exemplary since being displaced, constant encouragement to the team and his smiles said how happy he was to be back an absolute titan.
Burn 8.5, he breaks the law of physics, someone so tall should not be so graceful and his energy levels are outstanding. Never really saw a regular place on the team before Potter but he has been truly outstanding
Propper 9 how good was he today, superb distribution and must lovee playing with Mooy
Bissouma 8 The wildcard, least predictable player in the team and there is always a risk associated with this type. I love him and he will grow into a top top player
Mooy 10 phenomenal, second time I’ve given him a 10. A sublime player, his goal was Berkampesque.
Trossard 8 that pass, seriously that pass was beautiful. Not his best game and I kind of love him from the bench
Jahanbakhsh 8.5 one of the most joyful moments of the season. I have sung my praise for his efforts. Great goal and contribute a lot to the team, great post match interview and you can see why he is popular with the team. Great great attitude.
Potter 10 tactically astute, knows when to rest players and when to give opportunities
Howe- runs the risk of going stale at Bournemouth and really deserves a bigger job but don’t think he will get it

Crowd - brilliant, they contribute so much to the confidence of the team hopefully we won’t hear anymore booing.

Missed Maupay 8 not his day but great assist and effort throughout.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trossard 7 - hard to know what to give him as he was anonymous for most of the game, and then pulls out an absolutely magical assist. He has that ability to change games with one moment, which justifies his place in the team despite some otherwise average performances recently

Is he that anonymous though? Whilst he doesn’t seemingly do much defenders certainly need to keep an eye on him as he’s so dangerous if you don’t. What do others think?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan - 6 - the goal celebration was the hardest he worked.
Montoya - 7 - did well in an advanced role
Duffy - 7 - got badly turned once in the first half but nice to see a proper defender in place of Webster
Dunk - 8 - a rock
Burn - 7 - decent game, so unlucky with that daft VAR call
Bissouma - 8 - he’s a hard man to accommodate because he is such a maverick but nearly scored with an excellent run and some proper showboating
Propper - 8 - really good today. Love that little cut inside onto his left that he does on the counter. In fine fettle
Mooy - 9 - MOTM - we have to sign him. Great passing, good driving runs and a wonderful goal
Ali J - 8 - exceptional first half, tired second. Fine first time hit that caught the keeper cold
Maupay - 7 - not his day but his runs gave the midfield all that space
Trossard - 7 - quiet at times but what a cross for Mooy

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Ryan -6, did what was needed but not tested.
Montoya - 8, very decent today, linked up well and defended well
Dunk - 8, composed and seemed happier back with Duffy
Duffy - 8, did everything well. Yes he may not be as good in the ball as others but he does a job.
Burn - 8.5, class. So skilful for such a big man.
Propper - 8, composed, accurate and looks good next to Mooy
Mooy - 9, unbelievable, sign him up. Everything going through him from an attacking perspective. Took his goal wonderfully.
Bissouma - 9, not credited enough today. He was utter class. Broke up play so frequently and got so many important touches. He’s skilful and a joy to watch and would have deserved his goal.
Ali J - 7.5, pleased for him but not convinced yet. Actually thought his final ball was pretty average
Trossard - 6, ineffective and sloppy at times but a good ball for the goal and improved.
Maupay - 6, didn’t have his shooting boots on did he? Ran hard but poor finishing.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Smug Eddie - 0 - What was he thinking? Mooy and co had a field day.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bournemouth missing some big players and today showed they don't have the squad depth. If Ake goes they're in big trouble.

I think everyone deserves at least an 8 today, Burn and Biss get 9s and Mooy gets a 10. Arguably his run of performances ranks alongside those of the legend that is Vicente.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not sure why the majority are giving Maupay and Trossard the lowest rating ???

They both got excellent assists.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not sure why the majority are giving Maupay and Trossard the lowest rating ???

They both got excellent assists.
For their contribution over the whole match probably

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My view from the NW Corner

Ryan - 7: Nothing to do really.

Montoya - 8: Was up against a largely ineffective Stanislas but still had loads of time and didn't do much wrong.
Dunk - 8: Great performance. I was slightly worried when they introduced Wilson in the 2nd half but he was kept so quiet by him.
Duffy - 7: One slip in the first half but wasn't troubled and his solidity was noticeable.
Burn - 8: I thought Harry Wilson would cause him problems but I didn't notice him at all, such was his superiority. How someone the size of a skyscaper can have such a subtle touch is one for only the best scientists.

Bissouma - 8: Solid both tracking back and going forward - sometimes the final ball lets him down but at the moment he's better than Stephens, especially being a box-to-box player.
Propper - 7.5: Not a bad game at all - he looks better playing with Bissouma.
Mooy - 10: One of the GREAT midfield performances. The man does it all and more. Insanely good and there was an intake of breath everytime he got the ball and pushed forward. Sign. Him. Up.

Ali J - 8: So happy for him - he had a great first half and whilst he faded a bit in the 2nd i'm so glad he got his goal. Great all-round contribution.
Maupay - 7: Didn't come off for him today but did well for Ali J's goal and ran himself into the ground. Bournemouth's defence didn't know what to do as they didn't know if he would take an early shot or run at them.
Trossard - 7: Thought he was largely quiet til his great cross for Mooy. Still a great player though.

Potter - 10: I was surprised to see Ali J on the pitch and Webster & Schelotto dropped (and no Connolly - injured?) but it was a masterstroke. We dominated them from the off and they never got a sniff. Great day.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bournemouth missing some big players and today showed they don't have the squad depth. If Ake goes they're in big trouble.

I think everyone deserves at least an 8 today, Burn and Biss get 9s and Mooy gets a 10. Arguably his run of performances ranks alongside those of the legend that is Vicente.
Bournemouth are in trouble anyway. I think they'll drop

Great performance, but still need more accuracy and better decision making with the final ball. I'm giving a few 7s

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Did anyone notice Duffy and Montoya clapping Ali J off today? I thought it was a nice touch and shows how tight they are as a unit - have they always been tight or is that Mr Potter? I know he is massively into team-building.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought Mooy was bloody rubbish. Send him back to Huddersfield (please)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Did Duffy and Dunk play closer together, traditional CB style?

Or the Potter-esque 35 yards apart eg versus Sheff Utd?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ryan - 7.5
Montoya - 7.5
Burn - 8.5
Dunk 8
Duffy 8
Propper 9
Bissouma 9
Mooy - 9.5
Ali J - 8.5
Trossard - 7.5
Maupay - 7.5

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
There are people on this thread, I’m assuming at least semi educated, who are actually giving Maupay a 6 today after he ran their back line ragged all game. I suggest you step away from the ward computer, call matron, take a blue pill and get an early night.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Huddersfield must be licking their lips at this moment in time. We need to get our offer in for Mooy right ****ing NOW, because any more performances like that and the best case scenario for us is the £££’s will just keep increasing in any transfer fee. Worst case scenario is a far better suitor than us comes sniffing. He was utterly majestic today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did Duffy and Dunk play closer together, traditional CB style?

Or the Potter-esque 35 yards apart eg versus Sheff Utd?
T'was Dunk & Duffy of old.

Monty was more restrained.
Big Burn
Big Burn
Big Dan Burn couldn't give a toss and f**ked off at every opportunity. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Huddersfield must be licking their lips at this moment in time. We need to get our offer in for Mooy right ****ing NOW, because any more performances like that and the best case scenario for us is the £££’s will just keep increasing in any transfer fee. Worst case scenario is a far better suitor than us comes sniffing. He was utterly majestic today.

It's already been done.
The transfer fee would have been agreed as part of the loan terms.

There's absolutely no way, no way EVER, that Barber-Out would leave the club open for what would essentially be blackmail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here