Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Rating- Blackburn (H)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Everyone was good apart from Bruno who's passing tonight was shocking, Buckley who has been pretty average for a while now and Hammond who has the mobility of an oil tanker.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Maybe i wasn't watching properly, but i did not see Hoskins touch the ball before his injury. Vicente was a different class, but Blackburn ought to actually feel sick with themselves and honestly ashamed. They were awful from start to finish. The worst team of millionaires i think i have seen. Disinterested and passionless and not an air of a gameplan. Just turning up and hoping to knock home a set-piece and wasting time so that all ends without event. I hope they get relegated.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Vicente-9-MOTM-Great performance but I do worry at times that we rely on him too much

Vicente-9-MOTM-Great performance but I do worry at times that we rely on him too much

Agree with your marks 100% on Vic here chaps.

Just a, genuinely curious, question. As you have both come up with the same comment.

How many times this season have you worried about this?

Dec 29, 2011

Just a, genuinely curious, question. As you have both come up with the same comment.

I've worried about this every game since September. Watching the Palace game, 2 - 0 down and I was thinking, "Christ, we seriously need to give Vicente a rest, we rely on him far too much, if he got injured we'd be scuppered".

Or I copied his ratings.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've worried about this every game since September. Watching the Palace game, 2 - 0 down and I was thinking, "Christ, we seriously need to give Vicente a rest, we rely on him far too much, if he got injured we'd be scuppered".

Or I copied his ratings.

Gotcha :lolol:

Kuz - 7: No chance at getting to the goal, and was not only solid, but made some of the potentially more difficult to keep out shots look simple

Bruno - 5.5: Decent enough link up play at times on right, but as others said too often lost the ball and distribution was poor for the most part.

Upson - 7: Solid performace

El-Abd - 7: See above

Bridge - 7.5: Good going forward, and as mentioned so many times would love us to sign him on permanent in summer.

Brids - 8.5: Excellent as always.

Hammond - 7: Put himself about well.

Buckley - 6: Threatened at times, however was unable to make many direct runs on right at their LB, and therefore was ineffectual for the most part. Wasn't surprised to see him make way for Kaz

Vicente - 9.9:...because as everyone knows there's no such thing as a 10 ;) Simply breathtaking. Was unfortunate to never see a game in person when he was in magician mode last season, so was mesmorized by his performance tonight...easily most talented player I've seen in time watching Albion.

Hoskins - 6.5: Linked up well with Ulloa when he was on the field with some good hold up play. Gutted that injury has caught him again, hopefully it won't be another long stretch on the treatment tabel for him. Get well soon Will!

Ulloa - 7.5: Showing all the signs of player we've needed for while, and is getting in right positions for chances-one will fall soon for sure. For a big man he has a decent turn of speed, can run with the ball when required, and was all over the pitch holding the ball up and moving play on.

Subs:

Orlandi - 7: Solid performance from off the bench.

Lua Lua - 5.5: Decent shot near end was best contribution. Had one of those days of his where nearly every run made ended up with him losing the ball, followed by giving away an unneccesary foul through frustration and eventually picking up a yellow card.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuszczak - 6
Bruno - 5
Upson - 7
El-Abd - 7
Bridge - 7
Bridcutt - 7
Hammond - 6
Buckley - 4
Vicente - 8
Hoskins - 6
Ulloa - 6

Orlandi - 6
LuaLua - 6

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Whenever he's on the pitch I feel as though somehow every attacking move needs to go through him. I'm not saying it's a bad thing as he is incredibly skillful but it can become a little bit too predictable at times for me. Plus the fact teams will obviously target him throughout the match.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kuszczak 7.5 - neat and tidy. Not really challenged
Bridge 7.75 - decent, not getting forward as much in recent weeks
Upson 7.75 - seems to be fitting in well
El Abd 7.75 - hard fought performance
Bruno 8 - getting back into some of his top form, I think
Bridcutt 8.5 - strong performance
Hammond 7.75 - under-appreciated, perhaps taking the place of barnes for some of the "fans" that need someone to complain about
Buckley 7.5 - seemed quiet in the second half
Vicente 9 - great performance
Hoskins 7.5 - sad to see him get injured, looked good on the attack, perhaps needs a little extra work in defence
Ulloa 7.75 - worked hard, held the ball up. Can't wait for him to settle into the team and get to know everyone's tendencies and players get to know his.

Orlandi 7.5 - seemed to let play pass him by at times.
Lualua 7 - one of those appearances where he seems reluctant to use his pace.

I thought our general performance was an improvement on the hull game, but all our shots seemed to go straight at their keeper. We made him look better than he was. Even the penalty was straight down the middle.

Care to explain your scores against your comments. To me they don't appear related. You're taken a simple concept of marking someones performance and turned it into a science.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Kuszczak - 8
Bruno - 6
Upson - 8
El-Abd - 8
Bridge - 7.5
Bridcutt - 8.5
Hammond - 7
Buckley - 6
Vicente - 10
Hoskins - 7
Ulloa - 8.5

Orlandi - 7.5
LuaLua - 6.5

Strange how, for example, if Kaz's shot had gone in at the end and we'd won the game, everyone's ratings would be so much higher. We were class yesterday, possibly the best we've been this season, how we didn't win is beyond me.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kuszczak 7 - Not a lot to do but steady
Bridge 7 - Didn't get forward as much as usual but still defensively solid
Upson 7.5 - Keeps things ticking over nicely and clearly a good defender
El Abd 7 - Lost their player for the goal (I think) but otherwise a typically good performance
Bruno 6 - Gave the ball away a lot but still returning to full fitness. Adds value going forwards
Bridcutt 8.5 - Same as most weeks
Hammond 7.5 - Kept things ticking over nicely tonight and was pretty decent
Buckley 7 - Subdued
Vicente 9 - Worth the entrance fee alone
Hoskins 7.5 - Looked up for it and linked up well. Really sad to see him go off injured again
Ulloa 7.5 - I am literally salivating at how good this guy will be after a full pre-season with us. Missed a couple of chances he should have done better with but he is clearly going to be a hit.

Orlandi 7 - Not his best game but pretty solid
Lualua 6 - Slow and one-paced. Seemed very reluctant to try anything

Better than Hull but worse result! We missed that clinical edge again but there are so many positives to take from last night, Vicente being the main one. I could watch him alone for 90 minutes. Thought that Gus got it spot on tactically.

Ref 5 - Got the majority of decisions right but let down by a) not sending off Murphy for the horrid 1st tackle; b) not sending Murphy off the cynical 2nd tackle; c) allowing Blackburn's CONSTANT timewasting!

- - - Updated - - -

Kuszczak 7 - Not a lot to do but steady
Bridge 7 - Didn't get forward as much as usual but still defensively solid
Upson 7.5 - Keeps things ticking over nicely and clearly a good defender
El Abd 7 - Lost their player for the goal (I think) but otherwise a typically good performance
Bruno 6 - Gave the ball away a lot but still returning to full fitness. Adds value going forwards
Bridcutt 8.5 - Same as most weeks
Hammond 7.5 - Kept things ticking over nicely tonight and was pretty decent
Buckley 7 - Subdued
Vicente 9 - Worth the entrance fee alone
Hoskins 7.5 - Looked up for it and linked up well. Really sad to see him go off injured again
Ulloa 7.5 - I am literally salivating at how good this guy will be after a full pre-season with us. Missed a couple of chances he should have done better with but he is clearly going to be a hit.

Orlandi 7 - Not his best game but pretty solid
Lualua 6 - Slow and one-paced. Seemed very reluctant to try anything

Better than Hull but worse result! We missed that clinical edge again but there are so many positives to take from last night, Vicente being the main one. I could watch him alone for 90 minutes. Thought that Gus got it spot on tactically.

Ref 5 - Got the majority of decisions right but let down by a) not sending off Murphy for the horrid 1st tackle; b) not sending Murphy off the cynical 2nd tackle; c) allowing Blackburn's CONSTANT timewasting!

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hammond played well although there were a few occasions when he could've put someone and just didnt have the pass in his locker

Buckley was very poor didnt seem to go round a player once although there was some nice play between him, Bruno and Vicente early on

Ulloa was okay but when the ball was coming into him high he didn't look at the ball once and only more bothered with winning a freekick than winning the header

Vicente = God

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusczack - 7
Bruno - 6
Eld-Abd - 7
Upson - 7
Bridge - 7
Bridcutt - 8
Hammond - 7 better than Saturday
Vicente - 9.5 out of this world
Buckley - 7
Hoskins - 6, gutted for him
Ulloa - 6.5

Orlandi - 7
LuaLua - 6 a shadow of his former self, although it must be hard when you rarely start

Couldn't believe we were losing at half time, best 45 minutes I've seen from us, Vicente pulled the strings and in the first 20 minutes we were absolutely stunningly good.

Need to knock a point off Ulloa's ratings as he was at fault for goal. Drifted off his far post corner defending duties allowing header to go in.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Maybe i wasn't watching properly, but i did not see Hoskins touch the ball before his injury.

Then I can confirm that you weren't watching properly.

Vicente was a different class, but Blackburn ought to actually feel sick with themselves and honestly ashamed. They were awful from start to finish. The worst team of millionaires i think i have seen. Disinterested and passionless and not an air of a gameplan. Just turning up and hoping to knock home a set-piece and wasting time so that all ends without event. I hope they get relegated.

Agreed, the most cynical team to visit this season. The time wasting that went on from the minute they took the lead was appalling, and the ref should have clamped down on it sooner, also some very cynical fouls half of which the ref didn't give. Very funny when he booked their keeper after the pen though.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Whenever he's on the pitch I feel as though somehow every attacking move needs to go through him. I'm not saying it's a bad thing as he is incredibly skillful but it can become a little bit too predictable at times for me. Plus the fact teams will obviously target him throughout the match.

This is my concern. Yes, he's very good, but he does not need to be involved in every single attacking move. Sometimes it's almost like "oh, hang on chaps, Vicente hasn't seen the ball during this attack, we'd better pass back to ElAbd and start all over again so that we can include him".

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Kuszczak - 6
Bruno - 5
Upson - 6
El-Abd - 6
Bridge - 6
Bridcutt - 7
Hammond - 6
Buckley - 5