Bridcutt - 8
Hammond - 7
Buckley - 6
Vicente - 10
Hoskins - 4
Ulloa - 6

Orlandi - 7
LuaLua - 5

At last the correct ratingn for Vicente. If I knew he was going to play for 90 minutes at that standard then I'd happily pay another £10 for my seat. Sublime.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Care to explain your scores against your comments. To me they don't appear related. You're taken a simple concept of marking someones performance and turned it into a science.

My comments aren't meant to explain the rating exactly, more just additional comments.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Kuszczack 7. Solid display.
Bruno 6. Some decent attacking play, but gave the ball away far too much. Calderon and Spanish Dave both better at RB currently.
ElAbd 7. Some good defensive work, but too slow when moving the ball out of defense. Loses a point if to blame for goal.
Upson 7. Good game.
Bridge 7. Would have liked to see him get forward more.
Bridcutt 8. Not his best game as 3 or 4 wayward passes, but apart from that excellent.
Hammond 7. Good game. Unlucky not to have scored.
Buckley 6. Not at his best.
Vicente 8. Class player, but we don't need to give him the ball ALL the time.
Hoskins 7. Was playing OK until his injury.
Ulloa 6. Good in the first half, but faded in the 2nd and wasn't winning headers. Disappointed in him today.
Subs:
Orlandi 7. Good game
Lua Lua 5. One great shot, but apart from that a real let-down.

MOM = their goalie.

Thought CKR looked pretty good.

You are joking aren't you? Is he actually a real goalkeeper or was he a comedian? Done his best to let us score n the first half when Buckley fluffed a shot, then dropped a ball above his head, got lucky by saving Hammond's first header with his shoulder and everything else was straight at him!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kuszczak - 6 - not much to do
Bruno - 5 - poor crossing, better when under pressure. Calde deserves to start at present
Upson - 6 - solid enough, passing good
El-Abd - 6 - hoofed the ball in the air once or twice but solid
Bridge - 7 - some nice skill at times
Bridcutt - 7 - busy game
Hammond - 7 - looked back to what he is capable of, good performance
Buckley - 5 - has been off the pace for a while now, seems to have stopped running past players although Olsson was strong. Service from Bruno was poor.
Vicente - 8 - MOM performance, at the heart of everything good. Looked like he had the ball on a string tied to his ankle at times.
Hoskins - 7 - really really unlucky. Feel for him. Looked sharp and dangerous until he was subbed.
Ulloa - 6 - worked extremely hard and has skill. Still getting used to the physical side of the English game.

Subs:

Orlandi - 7 - much better than Saturday.
LuaLua - 6 - thought he had scored near the end. Should have been on earlier.

All in all, a great performance sadly not the result. Blackburn's Olsen brothers stood out for them and the goalkeeper Kean. Jordan Rhodes touched the ball about 4 times all night and three of those were passes back.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kuszczak - 6 - not much to do
Bruno - 5 - poor crossing, better when under pressure. Calde deserves to start at present
Upson - 6 - solid enough, passing good
El-Abd - 6 - hoofed the ball in the air once or twice but solid
Bridge - 7 - some nice skill at times
Bridcutt - 7 - busy game
Hammond - 7 - looked back to what he is capable of, good performance
Buckley - 5 - has been off the pace for a while now, seems to have stopped running past players although Olsson was strong. Service from Bruno was poor.
Vicente - 8 - MOM performance, at the heart of everything good. Looked like he had the ball on a string tied to his ankle at times.
Hoskins - 7 - really really unlucky. Feel for him. Looked sharp and dangerous until he was subbed.
Ulloa - 6 - worked extremely hard and has skill. Still getting used to the physical side of the English game.

Subs:

Orlandi - 7 - much better than Saturday.
LuaLua - 6 - thought he had scored near the end. Should have been on earlier.

All in all, a great performance sadly not the result. Blackburn's Olsen brothers stood out for them and the goalkeeper Kean. Jordan Rhodes touched the ball about 4 times all night and three of those were passes back.

Wasn't it Rhodes who slipped on the hard surface in front of the west stand and ate the barrier..poor guy..

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Kuszczak - 7
Bruno - 5 - Was the man playing right back at the beginning of the season an imposter?
Upson - 7
El-Abd - 6 - At fault for goal
Bridge - 7 - Drifted off the far post for goal. Another player who has lost confidence in taking men on.
Bridcutt - 7 Quiet for him
Hammond - 5 - Continues to decline through balls, playing as a striker with him must be so frustrating. 2 sitters missed.
Buckley - 6 - Below par. Sits there looking for the ball so often and they don't give it to him, especially in the second halves.
Vicente - 8 - MOM can be even better
Hoskins - 6 - Didn't notice him until he went off.
Ulloa - 7 - Hopefully will come good

Subs:

Orlandi - 6 - Too similar to Vicente to play with him
LuaLua - 6 - Very frustrating, can't seem to string 2 good performances together

Team - 9 - I know strange as ratings lower but I thought the team as a whole played really well. An early goal and we would have buried them.
Gus - 9 - Good team selection but would have replaced Hoskins with CMS.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I know we all see the game from a different perspective but I thought for the first time this season that Hammond had a better performance than Bridcutt and yet everyone scores Bridcutt miles better.

Hammond was everywhere and I thought linked up really well with Vicente, yes he missed two headers but both where on target and produced two great saves. He got into goal scoring positions and yet was back covering with Bridcutt. You really can't fault Hammond's fitness or competitiveness.

To me Bridcutt slowed the play down and his passing was well off.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Hammond had a great game, his best for the Albion so far.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuszczak 6 Could have done better with the goal.
Bruno 7 Gettin back to his previous form?
El Abd 7 Solid and dependable
Upson 7 Good all round performance will be an asset
Bridge 7 Dependable in Defence and got forward well.
Bridcuutt 7 Kept prodding forward and held the midfield.
Buckley 6 Good when on the wing but not there long enough kept moving central and offered nothing then
Hammond 8 Very good poerformance and with a little luvck would have scored.
Vicente 9 MOM and provide the skill that we have rarely seen in the past. Lets hope for the future.
Ulloa 7 Good link man up front but doesnt seem an old fashoined target man.
Hoskins 7 Best 20 mins since joining us sadly it was cut short.

Subs

Orlandi 7 Linked up well with Vicente and made some important tackles.
Lua Lua 5 Promises a lot and produces very little or nothing at all.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Hammond had a great game, his best for the Albion so far.

Must have been watching a different game than me then. Hammond is fairly shocking every game for me, in that he is always a yard too slow to move and a second too slow to anticipate the ball coming to him. Scary sometimes the way you can see the pass coming his way before he does and then he ends up losing it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Very low ratings here. Thought it was the best we've ever played for most of the match.

It's ridiculous, isn't it... one of the best performances from a Brighton side I've ever seen I think - apart from the end product, we were absolute class. But still people on here giving some of the players 5 or 6 out of 10. FFS - you obviously never saw Ashley Neal in action.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's ridiculous, isn't it... one of the best performances from a Brighton side I've ever seen I think - apart from the end product, we were absolute class. But still people on here giving some of the players 5 or 6 out of 10. FFS - you obviously never saw Ashley Neal in action.
Nor Mickey Bennett!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average player rating

Vicente 8.97
Bridcutt 7.86
Bridge 7.01
Upson 6.99
Kuszczak 6.89
El Abd 6.88
Ulloa 6.74
Hammond 6.65
Hoskins 6.41 (43min)
Buckley 5.66 (75min)
Bruno 5.55

Sub
Orlandi 6.73 (54min)
Lualua 5.59 (22min)

Team Average 6.76 (less than v Hull!)

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I know we all see the game from a different perspective but I thought for the first time this season that Hammond had a better performance than Bridcutt and yet everyone scores Bridcutt miles better.

Hammond was everywhere and I thought linked up really well with Vicente, yes he missed two headers but both where on target and produced two great saves. He got into goal scoring positions and yet was back covering with Bridcutt. You really can't fault Hammond's fitness or competitiveness.

To me Bridcutt slowed the play down and his passing was well off.

Being everywhere is definitely one of Hammond's strengths. Good stamina, no pace, tends to slow our attacks down when he gets the ball in an attacking move, makes some poor choices sometimes when passing the ball out of defence. He certainly played better Tuesday than Saturday. I think the second header was more ball hit keeper than keeper made save.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Average player rating

Vicente 8.97
Bridcutt 7.86
Bridge 7.01
Upson 6.99
Kuszczak 6.89
El Abd 6.88
Ulloa 6.74
Hammond 6.65
Hoskins 6.41 (43min)
Buckley 5.66 (75min)
Bruno 5.55

Sub
Orlandi 6.73 (54min)
Lualua 5.59 (22min)

Ridiculous, isn't it? We played much better on Tuesday, out of this world at times: yet it's hard to spot a player who is seriously underrated there: I think Hammond and Buckers should both be rated a bit higher. I didn't think Buckley did as badly as some people have scored him.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Average player rating

Vicente 8.97
Bridcutt 7.86
Bridge 7.01
Upson 6.99
Kuszczak 6.89
El Abd 6.88
Ulloa 6.74
Hammond 6.65
Hoskins 6.41 (43min)
Buckley 5.66 (75min)
Bruno 5.55

Sub
Orlandi 6.73 (54min)
Lualua 5.59 (22min)

haha.

Shows how result-dependent player ratings are. A lot of us are probably guilty of it, especially when giving ratings immediately after the match; as others have said, that was one of our better performances this season. Also surprised (in fact maybe not) how low Hammond's rating is. Bridcutt really didn't play that much better than him. Think someone alluded to it the other day, Hammond is definitely second-in-line for excessive negative feedback after Barnes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It really was a much better performance than v Hull.

I can understand not giving marks lower than an 8, I mean, the defence weren't significantly tested that often, and yet still conceded, the attack had plenty of opportunities and failed to convert almost all of them, and the midfield had plenty of loose passes and crosses that weren't to one of our players, but that is nitpicking. I still feel every player deserved at least a 7.

haha.

Shows how result-dependent player ratings are. A lot of us are probably guilty of it, especially when giving ratings immediately after the match; as others have said, that was one of our better performances this season. Also surprised (in fact maybe not) how low Hammond's rating is. Bridcutt really didn't play that much better than him. Think someone alluded to it the other day, Hammond is definitely second-in-line for excessive negative feedback after Barnes.

I think it works both ways. Where there are players who are rated lower because of who they are (like barnes, cms, hammond, dicker etc) there are players who are rated higher because of who they are (Bridcutt, Lualua, Buckley, dare I say it, Vicente - he was great on tuesday, but even his off days are rated higher).

Yeah, there is definitely a bias with results as well.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It really was a much better performance than v Hull.

I can understand not giving marks lower than an 8, I mean, the defence weren't significantly tested that often, and yet still conceded, the attack had plenty of opportunities and failed to convert almost all of them, and the midfield had plenty of loose passes and crosses that weren't to one of our players, but that is nitpicking. I still feel every player deserved at least a 7.

I think it works both ways. Where there are players who are rated lower because of who they are (like barnes, cms, hammond, dicker etc) there are players who are rated higher because of who they are (Bridcutt, Lualua, Buckley, dare I say it, Vicente - he was great on tuesday, but even his off days are rated higher).

Yeah, there is definitely a bias with results as well.

Agreed. Heat of the moment skews people's ratings, as does the perceived importance and expectation of getting a result from the match. A lot of people expected 3 points and knew how vital they would be. If that was a game earlier in the season, or if we were already in the play-offs and the result didn't affect our position, the ratings would have been higher.

How does the average rating from the Blackburn match stand up against other games we've drawn this season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here