Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Rating Albion V Millwall

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes. He was AMAZING under Slade.

Under Poyet, he's had a couple of good games and been shit for the most part.

Hopefully Gus will work out what he's doing wrong at some stage soon!

I was thinking more along the lines of him being relatively inexperienced and bound to go through periods when he is off form. It happens to the best players.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Im not a huge fan of slagging of the players regardless, you obviously came on here with the sole intent of slagging them off and ultimately would do so no matter the result. The performance today was good, we went toe to toe with a team very up the top of the table and certainly shouldnt have lost, a draw or amybe even victory would have been more fair, f*** knows where your getting poor performance from, guessing ou only listen to games though?

1) Can't see any mention of poor performance....below par means below par !
I expect a committed 90 minute display at home and if you can genuinely name one home performance this season that has given us that, well good luck to you.
It wasn't a good performance...it was just about ok....and we let a tight game slip away.
2) Millwall were lying 6th before the game and quite honestly, I thought they were very ordinary. They are a class below Leeds and Norwich and Swindon, Charlton, Huddersfield and Colchester are all better sides.
3)Don't make silly comments about only listening to games....I have been to 20 league games + various cup games this season.....we all have different views on the games and my primary concern is to see Brighton win. The style of play is largely irrelevant to me. I want to see us win.
At home we are slipshod, unprofessional and extremely unsuccessful. If you are happy with that, fair enough, but I'm not.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Keuipers did vey well, stopped 2 /3 one on one's - great effort. the rest, well tat is why we are 5th from bottom. They are lucky we are not at the soldstone as they would have a few fleas in their ear. Withdean lets them off

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I was thinking more along the lines of him being relatively inexperienced and bound to go through periods when he is off form. It happens to the best players.

Well yep, maybe, but it's definitely co-incided with Poyet and his decision not to play with two direct wingers.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Who is your left winger then? You have said 'Cox - Get Rid' many a time and McLeod is just unfit. Who do you suggest he plays?

What's that got to do with Bennett? Slade managed to get the best out of him with only Cox and McLeod to use on the left.

He's had a month to improve that department, and he hasn't.

That's fine, but you need the 3 other midfielders to contribute something. Other than Croft's goals, and Navarro's recent decent performances, the midfield as a whole has been gash, and it's the strikers who have been saving our bacon.

If the strikers don't create anything and Crofts doesn't pop up with a goal, we lose. Simple as that.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Have expectations really fallen so low that a home game against a rubbish team in which we don't create a single thing, gift a goal away and lose is met with 7/10s all over the shop and heaps of praise? You must be uncontrollable on the odd occasion we actually win a game!

What game were you watching?! A very competent, solid, performance today

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Kuipers 7 - couple of good saves
Calderon 8 - MOM Solid at the back, knows when to hold off and when to put a foot in, good in the air
Painter 6 - did ok
Bennett 6 - gets in good positions but no end product today
Elph 5 - ok
Virgs 5 - cost us the game
Dicker 5 - some good moments but went missing in the second half when someone needed to take hold of the game
Navarro 7 - good game and we really missed his distribution when he went off
Crofts 5 - same as dicker, some good moments but went missing in the second half when someone needed to take hold of the game
Murray 6 - worked hard, very few chances
Forster 6 - Ditto

Cox 4 - kept launching balls over the top to nobody
Dickinson 6 - tried hard and got involved, couple of neat touches but ultimately no chance of scoring
Holroyd 5 - ran about but not really involved

For me the midfield went missing in the second half once navarro went off. Dicker needed to step into the Navarro role of picking the ball up deep and distributing, but because he wasn't there we just reverted to launching hopeful balls over the top which is shit. There were too many times when nobody wanted the ball in the final third, we were good at getting the ball into their half but once we were there we didn't know what to do with it, and didn't try to get it in the box enough.

Overall disappointing but I'm not shitting it yet, although that could change in the next month or so.

Kuipers 6 - Credible. Kept it at 1-0 in the last 10 minutes
Calderon 7 - A good performance. Got forward but didn't always get back and left us exposed
Painter 6 - Looked good. A surpise substitution
Bennett 6 - Better in the 1st half. Missed him when he went to right back
Elphick 5 - Silly booking, a few hoofed balls to nobody. Jury's out again
Virgs 6 - Solid, except for the stupid mistake that cost us the game
Dicker 6 - good performance set up a couple of chances
Navarro 6 - Good 1st half. Shame he was injured
Crofts 6 - Another solid contribution
Murray 4 - Weak performance. Gave us very little
Forster 4 - Not at his best today

Cox 6 - Made an impact. Should have scored IMHO
Dickenson 4 - Made no visible difference when he came on
Holroyd 4 - Broke his duck, but good luck

The "shape of the team changed for the worse when Navarro was subbed and Bennett went to Right Back. Dicker then had no command of the midfield and we resorted to launching hopeful balls over the top which were picked off by their two central defenders. Murray was ineffective against this and didn't appear that interested (Again). Our finishing was poor and we didn't put away our chances. We ended up paying a heavy price for Virgo's mistake!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuipers 7 - Played well, good 1 on 1 save, commanded area.

Calderon 8 - Good signing.
Painter - 5 - unimpressed, no better than the existing players.
Virgo 5 - unfortunate error, which tainted an otherwise solid display
Elphick 6 - Ok

Dicker - 6 - Average, can play a lot better.
Crofts - 6 - Tried hard
Navarro - 6 - Definitely getting better
Bennett - 6 - Lacking confidence

Murray - 6 - Looked lazy yesterday
Forster - 5 - very poor

Cox - 5 - Just not very good. Always looks busy, but produces little
Dickinson / Holroyd - Not enough time

Olliebha

Jan 17, 2010
Brighton
How can Kuipers get a 6?

He kept us in the game, saved 2 or 3 from one on one situations, controlled his box from crosses and had one of his better games.

Kuipers - 9
Forster - 4
Calderon - 8
Painter - 8

The rest 5 or 6's

Painter slightly high I'd say 7, apart from that you obviously know your stuff!

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Calderon - 13. More FLARE than Mcnulty, he wears gloves with short sleeves and on top of that he has GREEN boots and looks like Robert Pires.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Kuipers - 7 - yes, it was shit striking, but ultimately Kuipers get it respectable at the end
Calderon - 4 - man of the match my arse. Can't defend, wasted play with two f***ing stupid shots from range.
Elphick - 6 - did alright I suppose, didn't have too much to do
Virgo - 1 - a generous 1. cost us the game. Proof Private education isn't all it's cracked up to be. What a stupid idiot.
Painter - 4 - didn't impress at all
Crofts - 3 - why the hell was he playing so deep?
Dicker - 3 - played as the advanced midfielder and did f*** all. Repeat, played as the advanced midfielder and did f*** all. Creativity? Yeah, right.
Navarro - 6 - shouldn't have been subbed, a few excellent passes in amongst a fairly ordinary half, but one that was much better than the other two managed.
Bennett - 5 - off form. Poyet has ruined him.
Forster - 2 - Did NOTHING.
Murray - 3 - marginally better, but still crap

Cox - 2 - get rid

You really are clueless aren't you.

It's got to the stage where your posts are more ridiculous than Ernests. The difference is that he was taking the piss!!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Was only listening on the comp so my rating are not worth much but I thought if it hadnt been for Virgo's cock up we were worth at least a point. Agree Murray adn Forster never got going and that it is our problem... there is hardly any player we can rely on week in week out. Navarro is quickly becoming invaluable, as seen by the way we lost it a bit when he went off.

Dont agree with TCB though. Millwall are pushing for the play offs and are a goodam so a point would ahve eben good.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Kuipers - 9
Calderon - 7
Elphick - 7
Virgo - 6
Painter - 7
Crofts - 6
Dicker - 5
Navarro - 7
Bennett - 6
Forster - 5
Murray - 5

Cox - 5
Dickinson - 5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers 8 MOM his 2 one on ones get him that alone but why does he have to kick the ball so high and long with no direction towards a BHA player but none the less oneof his best ever performances including his spectaular dive to shot that was going well wide.
Calderon 7 Good going forward but a little erractic with defending/tackling.
Virgo 6 Good allround performance spoilt by the mistake but 6 months ago he would launched it first time and been slagged for it.
Elphick 6 Reasonable performance if only he was naturally left footed as it would give us better balance.
Painter 6 Competant performance suprised he was subbed but it was obviouslt tactical.
Bennett 5 Quiet performance does not attack the full back enough.
Navarro 6 Good performance unlucky to have beeen injured with an obvious over the top challenge.
Croft 6 Got through a lot of work.
Dicker 6 Usual busy self but appears lost when isolated on the left produces his best work when in the centre of the midfield.
Murray 6 Not a lot of chances as we pumped high balls into him that were easy meat for Millwall central defenders.
Forster 5 Appears to be feeling the effects of age and 2 games in a week.

Subs:

Cox 5 No improvement on what we had and didnt add the sparkle that we had hoped for.
Dickenson 5 Busy but didnt look as if he would score.
Holdroyd 5 Unable to give true assesment as he didnt do anything good bad or indifferent as he received no service and looked a little lost.

Manager 5 Made the subs to try for a win but why not tell the players to get behind the Millwall defenders on the ground on the flanks, as Ward was winning evrything in the air as he has done for all of his career and we still pumped high balls at Forster and Murray.

Ref: 4 Poor performance and he was being assessed by Graham Poll perhaps he should have stuck with his original wish and called the game off.
Linesman with Yellow flag 1 Absolutely awful and missed a dead cert penalty when a Millwall player grabbed Dickensons legs to stop himk going for the ball. Gets 1 because he had the correct kit on otherwise it would be 0.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here