Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Rating Albion V Millwall

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Well I thought we put in a good performance so here goes

Kuipers 7 - no chance with the Goal did well with one on ones and distribution OK
Calderon 7 - very assured player
Painter 6 - looks solid
Bennett 6 - Did well - final ball lacking a bit
Elph 6 - did well
Virgs 5 - did well other than mistake that cost us the game - mavbe the pitches fault ?
Dicker 6 - good performance - better in the centre
Navarro 7 - had a very good half before injury - warming to him
Crofts 6 - did well especially 2nd half
Murray 6 - Busy but not at his best
Forster 6 - Ditto

Cox 7 very lively today
Dickenson 5 didn't get into the game
Holroyd 4 will need time to adjust to this level

All in all a good team performance with no weak links.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I thought that players were rated on how they performed not if we win or not. I thought Cox was always available 2nd half and linked well with Bennett. Too many 'supporters' want to knock players. If you disagree what are your ratings ?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Kuipers 7 - couple of good saves
Calderon 8 - MOM Solid at the back, knows when to hold off and when to put a foot in, good in the air
Painter 6 - did ok
Bennett 6 - gets in good positions but no end product today
Elph 5 - ok
Virgs 5 - cost us the game
Dicker 5 - some good moments but went missing in the second half when someone needed to take hold of the game
Navarro 7 - good game and we really missed his distribution when he went off
Crofts 5 - same as dicker, some good moments but went missing in the second half when someone needed to take hold of the game
Murray 6 - worked hard, very few chances
Forster 6 - Ditto

Cox 4 - kept launching balls over the top to nobody
Dickinson 6 - tried hard and got involved, couple of neat touches but ultimately no chance of scoring
Holroyd 5 - ran about but not really involved

For me the midfield went missing in the second half once navarro went off. Dicker needed to step into the Navarro role of picking the ball up deep and distributing, but because he wasn't there we just reverted to launching hopeful balls over the top which is shit. There were too many times when nobody wanted the ball in the final third, we were good at getting the ball into their half but once we were there we didn't know what to do with it, and didn't try to get it in the box enough.

Overall disappointing but I'm not shitting it yet, although that could change in the next month or so.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Michel 6

Calderon 7
Elphick 4
Virgo 5
Painter 5

Bennett 5
Crofts 5
Navarro 6
Dicker 6

Murray 3
Forster 3

Although there is little else I am in agreement with you generally, I would just about agree with those ratings.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Kuipers 7 - couple of good saves
Calderon 8 - MOM Solid at the back, knows when to hold off and when to put a foot in, good in the air
Painter 6 - did ok
Bennett 6 - gets in good positions but no end product today
Elph 5 - ok
Virgs 5 - cost us the game
Dicker 5 - some good moments but went missing in the second half when someone needed to take hold of the game
Navarro 7 - good game and we really missed his distribution when he went off
Crofts 5 - same as dicker, some good moments but went missing in the second half when someone needed to take hold of the game
Murray 6 - worked hard, very few chances
Forster 6 - Ditto

Cox 4 - kept launching balls over the top to nobody
Dickinson 6 - tried hard and got involved, couple of neat touches but ultimately no chance of scoring
Holroyd 5 - ran about but not really involved

For me the midfield went missing in the second half once navarro went off. Dicker needed to step into the Navarro role of picking the ball up deep and distributing, but because he wasn't there we just reverted to launching hopeful balls over the top which is shit. There were too many times when nobody wanted the ball in the final third, we were good at getting the ball into their half but once we were there we didn't know what to do with it, and didn't try to get it in the box enough.

Overall disappointing but I'm not shitting it yet, although that could change in the next month or so.
I didn't go but listened to it on the radio.Think i'll go by your marks.Nice one.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can't be bothered to do the entire ratings, but I thought the team were badly let down by both Murray and Forster. They put extra pressure on our midfield and back four with their inability to hold onto the ball.

Murray was too busy complaining to the officials or ending up on his arse and Forster was an absolute shadow of his usual self.

We are far too easy to shut down at home and slow out of the blocks...again!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I would possibly agree that my ratings for the front 2 are generous - I thought the defense looked the most solid so far this year. The times we were caught out at the back were when we were pushing for the game.

As far as Cox he did hit one poor pass to put them through but he also hit a few nice 30 yd passes to bennett. He was always available for the ball.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think Mr Navarro was the best player on the park until he got injured. We really missed him 2nd half. Fair play to the guy, he really is getting better & better. Here's hoping he ain't too badly crocked & gets back asap.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Kuipers 8 - Kept score down to 1
Calderon 7 - Involved himself in the game
Painter 6 - Ok
Bennett 5 - Below Par
Elph 6 - Ok
Virgs 5 - Unfortunately he cos us the game with his mistake overwise 6
Dicker 6 - Struggled playing on the left but committed performance
Navarro 7 - Did well, very poor tackle put him out of the game
Crofts 6 - Ok
Murray 5.5 - Not enough from him to trouble Millwalls defence
Forster 5 - Same as Murray

Cox 6 - Lively, some decent deliveries but also gave it away
Dickenson 6 - Won some headers and physcal presence
Holroyd 4 - Not the best game for him to make his debut

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think Mr Navarro was the best player on the park until he got injured. We really missed him 2nd half. Fair play to the guy, he really is getting better & better. Here's hoping he ain't too badly crocked & gets back asap.

I agree. He played some lovely balls through and was looking quite comfortable until he got clattered.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
All the 3/4/5s above are just for dramatic effect, surely. ???

Kuipers 8 - Odd save in the first half when he could have thrown his hat on the ball but flew across to save it instead. :lolol:
Calderon 6 - Solid defensively, looked to roam forward aswell. Finishing was quality, and the left footed cross followed by the superman dive was the funniest moment of the match, bar one...
Painter 6 - He was decent, did nothing either way but didn't do anything daft. No better than McNulty in my own, biased, opinion.
Virgo 6 - Obviously a daft mistake, but he was good other than that. His long balls weren't as hopeless as usual and he wasn't bad in the air against the taller Batt.
Elphick 7 - Solid, didn't really do anything wrong other than get on the wrong side of their players a few times in the second half when trying to snatch posession in front of them. Trying to bellyflop the guy to the ground on the touchline was classic, but fruitless.
Bennett 6 - A couple of decent crosses but nothing special and moved to right back for some unapparent reason. Tactical ineptitude, but playing him on the left in the first half because the right flank was frozen was clever in a way.
Crofts 6 - One charge through the middle was brilliant, really took us forward a good 20 yards but then wasted the pass.
Dicker 6 - Ineffective out wide, I think we have to either play Navarro OR Dicker, there's little point to playing them both. Decision to be made, and with Navarro's injury I would imagine it'll happen.
Navarro 8 - Brilliant first half. Simple passing, good reading of the game, solid tackling and dominating in the air. I thought he was superb, and was disappointed to see him get injured. Clearly our best player in the first half.
Forster 6 - Touch wasn't as bad as the folks around me in block H were saying, and didn't get any service whatsoever, which never helps. Poor performance, but there you go.
Murray 6 - Crap today. :down: Truly dreadful.

Subs;
Cox 6 - A couple of class passes but alot of wasted ones aswell.
Dickinson 6 - Got stuck in but never threatened to score, but he didn't get service either.
Holroyd 6 - Didn't really touch the ball, and didn't show up at all.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought the team were badly let down by both Murray and Forster. They put extra pressure on our midfield and back four with their inability to hold onto the ball.

Murray was too busy complaining to the officials or ending up on his arse and Forster was an absolute shadow of his usual self.

We are far too easy to shut down at home and slow out of the blocks...again!

Agreed, Murray wasn't getting any protection from the ref, so he gave up.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
How can Kuipers get a 6?

He kept us in the game, saved 2 or 3 from one on one situations, controlled his box from crosses and had one of his better games.

Kuipers - 9
Forster - 4
Calderon - 8
Painter - 8

The rest 5 or 6's

Last edited:

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Kuipers 7 - great late saves but unfortunately meant nothing in the end
Calderon 8 MOM- Absolute quality, a joy to watch!
Painter 6 - average
Bennett 5 - Can we have the Bennett that started the season back?
Elph 6 - Did what was asked oh him
Virgs 4 - I turned away and then suddenly their striker had the ball!!!
Dicker 5 - Not one of his better days
Navarro 7 - Getting better
Crofts 7 - Really busy and always trying to get the ball down
Murray 5 - If he focussed would have done better, spent more time trying to con ref and failed
Forster 4 - Poor movement and ball retention today, never in the game.
Cox 7 - Good performance, one last ditch tackle and offered a lot on the wing and also when tucking in, perhaps worth giving Bennett a rest and giving Cox a start

Dickonson / Holroyd - Not enough to rate

All in all from my poor view in the family stand I thought we played some excellent stuff, just could not work out what was going on the last 20 yards of the pitch. Thought their 25 was awesome as a lone outlet and they defended very well, Murray got no change out his marker.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Kuipers - 7 A few great one on ones, made a meal out of a few fairly simple looking saves near the start.

Calderon 7 - Entertaining, a few mistakes though. (Please no more long shots)
Painter 6 - More solid than Calderon but lost out in the flair category.
Bennett 6 - Did well on a poor pitch, looked fine at full back, really should have shot at least once though and inturn wasted the chance.
Elphick - 6 - Solid
Virgo 5 - Solid up until that howler which sees him below elphick, rest of the performance not worthy of a drop next game though.
Dicker 6 - Nothing wrong with the performance.
Navarro 7 - An excellent first halve, could do a bit more to break up the play but when he is on the ball he releases players very well either along the floor or over the top.
Crofts 7 - Good second halve, perhaps because Navarro wasn't there?
Murray 6 - Putting it around, but never looked like scoring.
Forster 4 - Has been very poor last two times i've seen him, time to give Dicko a start?

Cox - 6 - Didn't really notice him for a while but then got busy, especially when we were chasing it towards the end.
Dickinson - 6 - Few nice flick ons, has grown on me under Gus, a fair bit more physical as well.
Holdroyd - 6 - Didn't look out of his depth, definately fast, looks like he is good with the ball at his feet as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here