Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Punch-ups on the Pitch

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Just having read about Darren Moore and his punch-up with Iain Baird in the last Goldstone game made me think that I don't recall too many fights on the pitch.

The only other one that springs to mind is the Steve Jacobs sending off after some handbags and gladrags but I have conveniently forgotten who it was against.

Anyone else have memories of the Jacobs debacle and indeed anyother famous player disagreements involving the Albion?

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Didn't quite resort to fisticuffs, but the sight of Drogba and Ballack arguing like a pair of pre-pubescent 1st formers over who was going to take the free kick last week was funny as f***.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Take That You Stains Scum

[yt]pd15albVK0M[/yt]

Can't Find The One With Alan Ball And Kevin Keegan. That Was Apparently Tasty.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it was the first time we played at Old Trafford: Eric Steele and Gary Williams had an argument that ended in a scuffle - much to the amusement of the Old Trafford crowd. They were both booked.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Gary Hart and that floppy-haired spunk-bubble from Huddersfield this season.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Quite a few years ago against Norwich I remember Andy Rollings being sent off for a punch-up with Justin Fashanu (who was a Norwich player at the time), though Fashanu was only booked

Best non-Albion punch-up had to be Francis Lee and either Norman Hunter or Ron Harris, as it kicked off again once they'd both been sent off. Sometime in the early 70s I think

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Take That You Stains Scum

[yt]pd15albVK0M[/yt]

Can't Find The One With Alan Ball And Kevin Keegan. That Was Apparently Tasty.

Hang on just a cottenpickinminute here. Stop that video on 1.41mins, and check out the league table. Unless I'm being a complete and utter :dunce: there is something distinctly odd about it.

Like how the f*** did Norwich get 12 pts, from 4 games, having only won 2 of them. It's the same for every team shown. Arsenal have even managed to get 7 points from 4 games without a single win !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here