Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Virgo

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Although Butters has mproved a great deal I'm still not a great fan of the Cullip/Butters hoof football. There are times when that is the best thing to do and they do it well. However, a lot of the time they have better options. Virgo and Harding for me are a joy to watch. They both look to play the ball out of trouble thus creating an attack and retaining our possession better. They also introduce our much underused midfield to the game. I'm sure that is why Chippy is doing better recently. THe ball is being held up by Big Ben and he's also getting a bit of service from Adam and Dan. Cullip and Butters acting more like two sweepers. Fair dos though it does seem to be working at the moment so I can't complain. Ijust can't give either of them the player of the season award.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Butters also, for making us all pile on the excessive pounds eating our own sarcastic comments about him last season.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yep, still the Lardy One for me.

Comedy moment: After the Wycombe game, the players came out but were held back by the stewards. I was down there on the concrete on the supporters' side of the wall, yelling at Butters (amongst others) to get on the pitch. He stood there, and went "I can't, I'm too knackered to get my leg over..."

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Muzzman said:
Care to ellaborate as to why?
hes played well

also i didn't want this to be a one horse race

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Our most consistent players over the course of the season have been Cullip, Chippy, Butters and Knight. I

'd probably vote Cullip, given that he holds the defence and the team together and against better players has looked outstanding (Plymouth and QPR spring to mind).

Butters would be in with a shout if we wasn't so vulnerable to quick forwards - If its a hoof game though he is priceless.

Chippy has been solid and has looked a much better player since Mcghee took over - He wouldn't get my vote simply because he was not so great at the start of the season.

Knight's 21 goals should see him win but for some reason he hasn't endeared himself like Zamora did. Shame really - without his goals we would probably be in bottom half of the table - no other player has made that difference.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Butters for thanks mainly to the complete transformation of the man.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Chippy for me too .... closely followed by Cullip and Knight

Can't understand all the votes for Butters (is it guilt by some?) .... maybe it is because I have not seem many home matches .... but away from home he looks slow and a plod between Cullip and Virgo or whoever else is there ..... give me Blackwell (when fit) or even Hinshelwood (when sober) at the back anyday

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ok hands up who wouldn't have pissed themselves laughing at the start of the season if they'd been told come March, that Butters would be streets ahead of Leon Knight in the player of the season polls?

As Greavsie says "funny old game"

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
mr. butters. After the stick he received he has done really well :clap2:

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Butters. I'm not sure that he's put in the best performances this season but has been the most consistant and he deserves it for the improvement he's made.

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
I haven't really seen enough games to give a proper verdict. I'm voting for Knight as he has filled the shoes of the number 25 better than most expected. 20+ goals a season is number one requirement for promotion.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think it is a joke that Butters is top of this poll. Were it for most improved player then yes by all means, but he isnt even our best centre back, Cullip has been far better and it is often Cullip covering Butters that stops him looking an arse.
Leon Knight has scored shit loads of goals and looked a class apart in a lot of games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here