• Virgo

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Amazed that Butters is walking away with it. He has done reasonably well against Division 2 strikers, but he should hold his own at this level having played all of his career at Prem/Div 1 level. The reason I go for Chippy is that he has done his best to hold the midfield together all season depsite the injuries to Rodger/Oatway the dips in form of Hart and the loss of Brooker.

I would vote for Leon as number 2. He does have skills at this level that no other player in the squad (or division for that matter) does not possess. He has not helped himself with the diving accusations, but has been the difference between points earned and lost in many matches

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
It was a close call for either chippy or butters, but i opted for chippy as he's hardley ever had a bad game for us, the only one i can think of was tranmere away!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Knight has undoubtedly scored the goals to be a contender, but many people feel his attitude isn't what it could be.

Butters is never going to be a world class defender, but you have to give him credit for what he's achieved this season. People are voting for Cullip, but he's only recently come into form- personally I think Cullip has been below his usual impeccable standards for a fair amount of this season, whereas Butters has at least been consistent, and you can't fault his attitude or application.

I think it's fair to consider him (and no I don't feel guilty at all).

Carpenter has recovered from a crap start to be our best midfielder by far lately. OK, it's not exactly a crowded field, but you've still got to do the job, and he's done it.

They have to be the top three, though in what order is anyone's guess. My prediction: 1. Butters 2. Knight 3 Carpenter

(and for the Seagulls Club player of the year: 1. Knight 2. Hart 3. McPhee)

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Whilst he hasn't been player of the season Charlie Oatway deserves a mention. He came back to training early and has really put in 110% this season for the club. He's got in the team and has been playing very well. Legend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Has to be the big man for me - a vast improvement of last season

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I can't believe Butters is getting so many votes? Are you really saying he's the best player we've had this season?

This isn't a vote for the most improved player. In which case he would definitely get my vote!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
knight. not coz he is our top scorer but because the amount he has scored.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had to vote for the divison's highest scorer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here