Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Hating

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I also get the feeling DK was behind El Turi.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think you could be right, wasn't it a phone call to Dick from Brady that started it.
And MM is taking the flack.
We just don't know how much Dick influences these decisions.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Trigger said:
So £150k is nothing to a team like us? Well in that case I'll not dip into my pocket the next time the begging buckets come out.

Why purposefully misunderstand me. £150k is nothing in football so when spending that money you have to take a gamble. Anyone who costs that much will not be proven at this level and as a result it is a risk. In this case it did not pay off but when you consider how much other clubs (at our level and below) pay for failed signings it is a minimal investment that might have paid off.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Trigger said:
So the manner of the £150k signing doesn't bother you in the slightest, Magoo watched a video, looked at his stats on Football Manager and saw him play for 45 minutes in a friendly against Lewes before telling him and the press he wasn't good enough and had been sent away...

Then all of a sudden in the next few days he's back on a two year deal and for a fee of £150k...

What's that all about when Magoo had already said he's not good enough, fair enough to get him back if he was free and we're struggling to get anyone else but to pay £150k out of desperation for a player he didn't think was good enough is just crazy.

Again, all this is hearsay. We don't know any of the details. McGhee could easily have been playing down his interest to avoid other clubs nicking the player.

For all we know, he could've looked like Ronaldo in training. Without being privvy to the circumstances of the signing we don't know anything. When the blokes fit and played a few games then we can slaughter him...

:lolol:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Trigger said:
So the manner of the £150k signing doesn't bother you in the slightest, Magoo watched a video, looked at his stats on Football Manager and saw him play for 45 minutes in a friendly against Lewes before telling him and the press he wasn't good enough and had been sent away...

Then all of a sudden in the next few days he's back on a two year deal and for a fee of £150k...

What's that all about when Magoo had already said he's not good enough, fair enough to get him back if he was free and we're struggling to get anyone else but to pay £150k out of desperation for a player he didn't think was good enough is just crazy.

Again as I said earlier, we don't know if this was a Dick Knight decision.
My mate Liam Brady says he's good so go and sign him Mcghee.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Repugnant Toad said:
Rubbish. That amount of money is a huge sum to us.

Please read what I have written before disagreeing. £150k is a massive amount to us to spend on a player but there seems to be this view on here that we missed out on some miracle goalscorer for that money. In terms of football today that is nothing e.g. Leicester, who are below us, just spent £500k on Fryatt who has been great in League 1 but so was Knight. Even at £500k it is a gamble although Fryatt may well be worth it. When you are signing players on little money with nothing to offer except Withdean you are bound to get players who are a waste of money. It just irritates me that some people on here criticise McGhee because we are not competing with teams who have vasts sums of money to spend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here