Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Hating

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Is it me or do some people on here wilfully set out to bad mouth players. If players don't try (knight) than they deserve shit but bad mouthing McPhee, Robinson, Jarrett, McCammon etc doesn't help anyone. I not saying people shouldn't be able to criticise but for god sake lets look on the bright side now and again.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Some of it is a joke, No one really deserves the criticism the McCammon/McPhee have got in the last couple of years. Least they both care. As opposed to Knight who was happy to take his 4k a week for doing f*** all.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Agreed, no one is trying to restrict free speech, but if you know that players read NSC, is it really going to help the main cause of avoiding relegation if you slaughter and demotivate individuals?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
If you are referring to the 2 threads running today I am surprised that you can call it player hating, I think a lot of people would like Chris McPhee do well, unfortunately he hasnt got the ability, and if thats a critisism then so be it, from my point of view its not hatred or personal, I just want us to have the ability to bring in better players in the constraints we are under, we cant do that if we dont let the players who are not up to the job go.

Football is a harsh world of ups and downs, and there aint a lot of place for sentiment if we end up in League 1.

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Unfortunately it's a result of this medium isn't it.

You can say what you like when you don't have to look the subject in the eye.

Although non-triers get what they deserve.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Les Biehn said:
Is it me or do some people on here wilfully set out to bad mouth players. If players don't try (knight) than they deserve shit but bad mouthing McPhee, Robinson, Jarrett, McCammon etc doesn't help anyone. I not saying people shouldn't be able to criticise but for god sake lets look on the bright side now and again.
You want to ignore Morris, like everyone else.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
i think in SOME cases it's to do with subtle subconscious racism amongst a few of our fans, which has been going on for years.
I remember player's like Meade and Codner being slaughtered years ago, Bobby Zamora and Knight both took a load of criticism without deserving it and nowadays players like CKR, mcGammon and Jarret get a whole load of abuse for very little reason

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Nice thread title.

I thought so.

El Presidente said:
Agreed, no one is trying to restrict free speech, but if you know that players read NSC, is it really going to help the main cause of avoiding relegation if you slaughter and demotivate individuals?

Exactly. If the players feel the fans hate them and don't appreciate them in anyway then why should they bother.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Sid James said:
Unfortunately it's a result of this medium isn't it.

You can say what you like when you don't have to look the subject in the eye.

Although non-triers get what they deserve.
What he said.
And I speak as one of Big Guy's (who I rate) badfans.
Harding was probably driven out by the whingers.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
keaton said:
i think in SOME cases it's to do with subtle subconscious racism amongst a few of our fans, which has been going on for years.
I remember player's like Meade and Codner being slaughtered years ago, Bobby Zamora and Knight both took a load of criticism without deserving it and nowadays players like CKR, mcGammon and Jarret get a whole load of abuse for very little reason

There may be some truth in this but i don't think McPhee is black. I may be wrong, he could be quite the nubian.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Les Biehn said:
Exactly. If the players feel the fans hate them and don't appreciate them in anyway then why should they bother.

If the players are naive enough to think a tiny minority on an internet message board hate them, then the £1000+ a week that is deposited into their bank accounts ought to take their mind of it.

What you have to remember is, if you set up an anonomous internet message board, say, for example about the Work place or Uni that you go to, it would only take a week or so for someone you didnt get on with to post something rather unpleasant about you.

Its the way the Internet works.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rougvie said:
If you are referring to the 2 threads running today I am surprised that you can call it player hating, I think a lot of people would like Chris McPhee do well, unfortunately he hasnt got the ability, and if thats a critisism then so be it, from my point of view its not hatred or personal, I just want us to have the ability to bring in better players in the constraints we are under, we cant do that if we dont let the players who are not up to the job go.

Football is a harsh world of ups and downs, and there aint a lot of place for sentiment if we end up in League 1.

But you havn't even said one positive about McPhee on the other thread. Not even hypothetically, such as he ability in the air may give us an outlet. You just slag him off relentlessly. I think more than anything the fans have been instrumental in his career slide.

1066gull

I agree with Les. CKR reads NSC, and we know that because he read someone would lick DK up the ass if he scored 5 goals or more this season.

But I have seen people slagging off Colin all the time. OK he may not be 100% fit for us yet, but for this season he is famous for all the clubs in the Football League as he is our Coke. If Colin read all the sh!te about him, it doesn't help his confidence.

The way I see it, the media attention is making Colin unfocused, and if he is not 100% concentrating, it probably means he is on his computer to long!

I would know, as I am on mine to long, and it affects what you do.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rougvie said:
If the players are naive enough to think a tiny minority on an internet message board hate them, then the £1000+ a week that is deposited into their bank accounts ought to take their mind of it.

What you have to remember is, if you set up an anonomous internet message board, say, for example about the Work place or Uni that you go to, it would only take a week or so for someone you didnt get on with to post something rather unpleasant about you.

Its the way the Internet works.

Thats alright then. Lets perpetuate the hate and negativity.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Les Biehn said:
But you havn't even said one positive about McPhee on the other thread. Not even hypothetically, such as he ability in the air may give us an outlet. You just slag him off relentlessly. I think more than anything the fans have been instrumental in his career slide.

The word RELENTLESSLY is rather strong, and I havent slagged him off, I have made 2 posts in the last 4 or so years giving my honest opinion that I dont think he has what it takes.

Over reation is also the stock in trade of the Internet message board.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rougvie said:
The word RELENTLESSLY is rather strong, and I havent slagged him off, I have made 2 posts in the last 4 or so years giving my honest opinion that I dont think he has what it takes.

Over reation is also the stock in trade of the Internet message board.

Fair enough, I should have made the point that I felt it was more of a general relentless slagging off by numerous individuals. But McPhee has showed he can do it in Div 1, He's had loads of injuries and needs to be given a chance.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
There is a very small minority on here that amuse themselves or look for attention by continually slagging off players, even the kids and if those players leave they will find another target.

The really interesting thing is that the players where the general consensus is that a player isnt trying or deserves some stick, these same people often defend those players against the majority.

You just hope that when the undeserving players do read some of the nasty abuse that gets dished out they are man enough to ignore it.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Les Biehn said:

:clap:

Totally agree, some of the 'criticism' from the narrow-minded posters on here gets ridiculous.

There is a big difference between not trying, and not being good enough.

It was a similar scenario when we had Henderson on loan, who is proving at Watford now that he is a reasonable player at this level. When he played for us, ok he didn't set the world on fire, but he always gave 100%, it just didn't work for him. At the time, most Albion fans thought the sun shone out of Leon Knights back-side, despite his lazy arse attitude even then, and he only needed to produce one bit of skill all game for the "Leon Knight Knight Knight" chant to go up. Poor Henderson was running his heart out around him to compensate, yet just got completely slated.

Granted, I don't think McCammon is the answer, but I don't think for a minute he genuinely steps out on the pitch aiming to give anything other than his best. If it's not good enough, it's not good enough, it's frustrating for us supporters, but that doesn't justify some of the abuse that he and some others get on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here