Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off dates

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It hasn't. The year we went up after Cardiff, Palace had played in their play-off final the day before.

Perhaps the highest league play-off is always first, on years when there is a major summer championship?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bizarrely, this morning was also the first time I decided to check the play off final dates and clear it with the wife.

No doubt our play-off aspirations will nose dive now. :down:

Yeah these threads worry me, there was a Wembley semi-final thread a few weeks back, enough said..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Birthday present .. going to Monaco GP! Of course I'll enjoy that but the prospect of missing us playing at Wembley isn't a pleasant one and likely ruin the entire bloody weekend!!

If she loved you she'd pay for an executive jet back to Northolt and limo from their for the game and the reverse for the return.

Bloody hell i am away with family that weekend. Not back till Monday. If we are there think i will have to take the plunge and drive back. Ahhh. Why is it not monday as normal.

Then perhaps you should get the wife to check the internet before booking any breaks!!! A mate of mine fell into the same trap and was having to plan his drive back from Pembroke had we not slipped up in the semis last year!!!!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I friggin hope not ... at least if it's 3.00 I might catch it on TV somewhere. The CL final is an evening KO so no reason to bring forward KO to lunchtime ???

3PM KOs require special permission from UEFA to be on TV as it is their rules, no televised games on Saturdays between certain times which in the UK I think is 3.00 - 5.15.

Also, since Sky always stick their Championship games on as 12.XX KOs - its likely it would be that. Still, would allow maximum drinking time for whoever the winner is !!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
3PM KOs require special permission from UEFA to be on TV as it is their rules, no televised games on Saturdays between certain times which in the UK I think is 3.00 - 5.15.

Also, since Sky always stick their Championship games on as 12.XX KOs - its likely it would be that. Still, would allow maximum drinking time for whoever the winner is !!

Bureacracy gone mad .. although I'm sure they'll come up with some good reason

2012 championship was on Sat 19th at 3pm.........

Hopefully 2014 too

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If we were in the Championship play-off semi-finals, and if it followed the same pattern as last year, then the first legs would be on Thur 8th (6th v 3rd) and Fri 9th (5th v 4th), and then the second legs on Sunday 11th (3rd v 6th) and Monday 12th (4th v 5th - bad memories of that one).

But of course it might not be the same.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We had pencilled-in to trundle down to south of France starting on 4th May. I kept biting the bullet but have now had to abandon the holiday just in case we make the play offs. Now heading off after the final.
Had to be done :albion:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Really hope we finish 4th or 5th as I'm heading to Vegas on the 11th so will be in the air while the games happening. Ideally 5th, so I can at least get to the home game.. someone have a word with Oscar and the boys!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I'm pretty sure it will be 3pm kick off, there are no other games on and the repair season has finished

It has nothing to do with UEFA

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Only read the thread title and couldn't be arsed to read the dross inside so jumped to the end and post. Can't believe this thread has been started, you all live in dream world. Play off dates :lolol: We have no chance of reaching the play offs and those that think we will need their head tested.

I've never seen such deluded posters in my entire life. Get a grip please.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see Footsoldier has joined in with another of his insightful contributions!
Actually, that's one of my favourites of his posts. The positivity that creeps into NSC after a couple of wins needs to be balanced out, to appease the gods of fate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here