Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plaudits to Wilkins and our youngsters

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wilkins has done a great job since the Blackpool debacle of turning the side around. I was furious at the end of that game and vented my spleen at Wilkins from behind the dug out. I do not feel bad about doing that as the performance on the back of 4 staight defeats and terrible performances was one too many. Wilkins looked pretty sheepish and he was hurting. I don't know what was said in the aftermath of that game but you cannot argue with the results

Wins 5
Draws 1
Losses 0
For 15
Against 5

3 straight away wins scoring 8 and conceding 3 and the young players are developing a bit of a top scorers mini league

Robinson 7
Revell 6
Cox 5
Hammond 5

23 goals from that quartet is impressive

All we need to do is bring this form to the Withdean and a play off position is not out of the question. William Hill after the Blackpool debacle gave Brighton 150/1 to win the league but 1/4 oods first 3. That 3rd spot is up for grabs and the 19/1 they were giving on that looks very good now ( they now give 50/1 the league title ).

So fair play and plaudits to Wilkins. This has coincided with Butter and Hinshelwood in particular who is championship standard marshalling the defence and Ian Chapman can only be very good news.

So well done Deano

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He's doing a great job, long may it last.

No need to feel bad for the berating you offered US, but to revisit that spot, and shout to Deano what you think of him now, may be a nice touch.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hes like that Fast Show character that keeps changing his mind

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Large One said:
This is Glover we're talking about. No-one does take him seriously.

He is the Norman Wisdom on NSC.

Pitkin !.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Having said that I still maintain mcghee would have got us to the play offs at least.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
That's a bit of harsh on Norman.

Really glad Deano took your comments on board though US!

:thud:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dean learned and listened

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle Buck said:
No, he might have briefly listened, before completely ignoring you and letting the Sunshine Bus crew know that their Southwick passenger needed attending to.

sparkling form as ever Piers, did John Cleese get his fawlty towers lines from you ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here