Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Places you have lived in , you would never go back to.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
With a couple of exceptions, this thread reads like a shit tour of England. There must be a travel book in this....
Oh and i'd like to add Yeovil, Newport Pagnell and Hertfordshire( Hertford especially)

Hertford is great if one loves car exhaust fumes and is a lover of enormous industrial and retail estates.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Melksham in Wiltshire.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I'm with you on Coventry. Ghastly place. I used to live in Leamington Spa and frequented Coventry far too many times for my liking. Ghastly ringroad, rubbish shopping centre and crappy football team. Nothing to recommend the place at all!!!
Lava/Ignite in Coventry was one of the best nightclubs I've ever been in. Kasbah too wasn't too bad but can't remember if that was in Cov or Leam

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Luton - nearest place to Harrow we could afford to buy a house (newly weds 1985)
Bedford - nearest place I could find a job to our middle class, mid-Sussex home (middle aged 2011)

Hopefully I will never again have to get off the M1 between junctions 10 and 13.

Sent to you whilst sat in the garden watching the sun set over the Pacific ... justice if you ask me!

Hmm Bedford stayed there for 6 months working on Yarls Wood Immigration centre. Not much too do at night ,it didn't help the guy i was working with was an utter plum . Didn't really see enough of it to judge.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Erdington in Brum, the biggest fecking stinking pikey toilet in the West Midland full of scummy Mummys, dole bludgers, thieves, rapists and other human parasites and vermin.
Horrible pubs, skanky pound shops that aren't even the real Poundland shops just rip off ones, all wearing Von Dutch towling tracksuits still and shell suits, absolutely stinks in the high st as well.
Worst place i have ever lived or been too. On par with Croydung.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Whalley Range in Manchester, I lived there for 3 months but don't remember too much about it except getting robbed for my chips whilst I was still sprinkling salt on them in the shop. Phalaborwa in northern S Africa - full of Englishman-hating Afrikaaners who loved rugby, hated football (I'm a proud Englishman who loves football, hates rugby) and also it had these really vicious baboons that were just plain nasty.

Oh and when I first moved to Brighton I lived in Whitehawk. That wasn't much fun either. I used to have a girlfriend who lived near Leagrave train station in Luton. That was interesting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whalley Range in Manchester, I lived there for 3 months but don't remember too much about it except getting robbed for my chips whilst I was still sprinkling salt on them in the shop. Phalaborwa in northern S Africa - full of Englishman-hating Afrikaaners who loved rugby, hated football (I'm a proud Englishman who loves football, hates rugby) and also it had these really vicious baboons that were just plain nasty.

Oh and when I first moved to Brighton I lived in Whitehawk. That wasn't much fun either. I used to have a girlfriend who lived near Leagrave train station in Luton. That was interesting.

That story of being robbed made me laugh and reminded me of Ben. He and his friends stayed in Blackpool after the PNE game coming out of a late night pub he bought a Pizza when a girl came along smacked him around the face and grabbed his pizza, she then run off down the road and jumped in a car. so Ben was mugged for his pizza. The shop owner saw it and laughed but game him another one.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Erdington in Brum, the biggest fecking stinking pikey toilet in the West Midland full of scummy Mummys, dole bludgers, thieves, rapists and other human parasites and vermin.
Horrible pubs, skanky pound shops that aren't even the real Poundland shops just rip off ones, all wearing Von Dutch towling tracksuits still and shell suits, absolutely stinks in the high st as well.
Worst place i have ever lived or been too. On par with Croydung.

But apart from all that, what is wrong with
The place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here