Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Places you have lived in , you would never go back to.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Tunbridge Wells. I go back to see the folks, but every time I go back something else has been dicked about with to "uphold the values of the town". They went MENTAL when they dared open a poundland a year or so ago. It's horrific, everything shuts early, public transport included, it's overpriced and the level of bellendery in the driving is frightening. The Highway Code goes out of the window to be replaced by "my car is more expensive than yours, so fark orff". Hate the deluded, snobby arrogance of the whole place.

I'll get off the fence now.....

Isn't there going to be a new cinema / shopping complex to be built?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What were you doing out there, if I may ask? Organising attacks against the Ottomans?

:lol:

Working as a civilian radio operator for US military.
My boss was a Ranger Captain. Never found out what he did wrong to get that posting, despite asking plenty of times!.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
With a couple of exceptions, this thread reads like a shit tour of England. There must be a travel book in this....
Oh and i'd like to add Yeovil, Newport Pagnell and Hertfordshire( Hertford especially)

Can I put forward:

Northwich, gives the lie to the myth of leafy bucolic Cheshire, Alderley Edge it ain't.

Coventry, no wonder the Germans bombed it.

Harlow, worse than Crawley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Croydon

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Whitehawk.
I've been to Whitehawk FC loads of times but it's not really on the estate.
It didn't mind living there at the time but I have no reason to go back to the actual estate now.

Philbag70

Dec 19, 2015
Battle, 1066 country
Can I put forward:

Northwich, gives the lie to the myth of leafy bucolic Cheshire, Alderley Edge it ain't.

Coventry, no wonder the Germans bombed it.

Harlow, worse than Crawley.
I'm with you on Coventry. Ghastly place. I used to live in Leamington Spa and frequented Coventry far too many times for my liking. Ghastly ringroad, rubbish shopping centre and crappy football team. Nothing to recommend the place at all!!!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
In no particular order Llandrindodd Wells,Cramlington,Blyth,Stevenage and Luton .Never lived there full time,but spent up to a year staying in these places for work.
I stayed in Llandod for a few days - phoned my gf when walking from the hotel to try and find somewhere to eat and realised that in the 5 minutes it took, I didn't see one single person. At 7:00 at night. Nice curry house with the rudest waiter I have ever met.

Oh and Ore. Got us on the property ladder with a cheap new build which went up £60000 in a couple of years and allowed us to move out. That's the only nice thing I can say about it. Driving back one night, I had to stop and let someone know that the bush in their garden had been set alight. (Not a euphemism)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Erdington which was just crap like most of Birmingham, the residents were also depressing

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
In no particular order Llandrindodd Wells,Cramlington,Blyth,Stevenage and Luton .Never lived there full time,but spent up to a year staying in these places for work.

Worked in Llandrindod for a few years but deliberately chose to live as far away as possible. Calling the place insular would be an understatement.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Any where I have had a pub as that episode of my life has passed having had good times in most but they would never be the same if I went back there to live. I would consider Munster in Germany where I served in the army.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here