Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pity Kazenga is making front page news rather than back page in the Argus [Merged]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Serious point: as with all ongoing legal situations, please be very careful what you say and refrain from speculation.

Ahh, I see. That does put a different complexion on things. What on earth was he thinking ?

An example needs to be made here. It was an iPhone this time, it could easily be an iPad next time, or god forbid even a mac. Much as I love seeing Kaz bombing down the wing, a message must be sent that this kind of behaviour is simply not tolerable in our society today.
It might even be an apple next time ... a cox's pippin. He should pick on someone his own size.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
...can't he just pay the money for a replacement?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Am I the only person here who is so irresponsible that he finds the notion of chaotic Kazenga dropping a bird's £500 mobile down a drain to have an underlying comedic quality, like Mario setting his house on fire with fireworks? As Easy 10 says, if he'd stuffed someone's MacPro down the grating that really would be serious.
Not just you, it is definitely funny.

Maybe Gus needs to have a word though, if he hasn't already.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sadly this is a problem with lots of young players, too much money, and think they can get away with anything. Clubs need to remind them of their responsibilities ,being professional footballers and in the public eye

Although I enjoyed the banter about this. In truth you are 100% correct. In fact it is spreading to Rugby and Cricket too.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Surely criminal damage is an offence whether it is a phone or anything else. I wonder what the comments would be if somebody damaged property belonging to some of the bods on here saying it should not be taken to court it that was to happen in their case. I bet there would be different comments! Without referring to this instance as the facts are not clear a lot of footballers think they can get away with anything simply because of who they are. They must expect to be treated as anybody else would in the circumstances, in fact if anything more harshly as they are supposed to set a role model to their supporters. Better go and have a lay down now while the abuse comes in !

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Perhaps player stats in the future will read something like this

A.N. Other.... Pl 67(12 Sub). Goals 4. Court Apps 6

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If someone posted on here that a gypsy had Put a brick through their windscreen, many would be baying for their blood; I doubt we'd have many saying "it's just a windscreen FFS" or "Serves you right for having a shit car".
Just because he plays for the Albion, doesn't mean he's above the law.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
If someone posted on here that a gypsy had Put a brick through their windscreen, many would be baying for their blood; I doubt we'd have many saying "it's just a windscreen FFS" or "Serves you right for having a shit car".
Just because he plays for the Albion, doesn't mean he's above the law.

true, and if it was a player for any other club, we would all call him a scumbag, waste of money etc....

except he is ours and we love him

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
If it wasn't a professional footballer involved it wouldn't even make the paper, statistically there must be 1,000's of phones damaged every day.

Must be a REALLY slow news day at the Argus then if it takes their chief reporter to write this up as front page news.

Shock, horror, hold the front page, mobile phone broken in drain incident...... zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Last edited:

Lush

Mods' Pet
And WHY is it on the front page rather than a column half way through, as it deserves? Because the Argus will put up some posters saying ALBION PLAYER IN COURT or some such and people who don't have the internet will have to buy a copy.

That is such a hypocritical tweet from Mr Naylor.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No wonder he did not pay the woman for the phone, if the compensation was £184, for a £500+ phone.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Update:

Kazenga Lua Lua was fined £800 after admitting criminal damage and the phone owner was awarded £184 compensation.

Does she get any of the fine? If not shouldn't the compensation cover the cost of a replacement iphone?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
He should pick on someone his own size.

That's the trouble. There's not many people about that ARE his size.

Sorry, I was coming over all "Leon" for a moment (oooeeerrrr missus)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here