Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitbulls

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I see it's an ignoramous free for all day then. Fot the uninitiated, Staffy's are one of the most docile, loving, and kid friendly dogs you could own (check out any dog survey, Staff's are always right up there as the dog to have for a young family, fact. Sure they look mean as f*** which is another of their appeals as they are also pre-disposed to barking their f***ing heads off if anyone approaches your property which keeps all the low life univiteds out of your house and/or yard/garden. Hence, all our neighbours have been burgled, we ain't cos we've got a Staff (and kids who he'd lay down his life for).
PitBulls on the other hand are pure evil and should be outlawed as their sole genetically mutated purpose is to fight, generaly to the death and for the amusement of knuckle dragging morons or men with small penis' who can't afford a decent car substituite.
If it was bigger and looked like a Staff it's probably an Amercian PitBull which is somewhere betwixt the two but a lot closer to it's namesake than the Staff.
Woof Woof

I see it's an ignoramous free for all day then. Fot the uninitiated, Staffy's are one of the most docile, loving, and kid friendly dogs you could own (check out any dog survey, Staff's are always right up there as the dog to have for a young family, fact. Sure they look mean as f*** which is another of their appeals as they are also pre-disposed to barking their f***ing heads off if anyone approaches your property which keeps all the low life univiteds out of your house and/or yard/garden. Hence, all our neighbours have been burgled, we ain't cos we've got a Staff (and kids who he'd lay down his life for).
PitBulls on the other hand are pure evil and should be outlawed as their sole genetically mutated purpose is to fight, generaly to the death and for the amusement of knuckle dragging morons or men with small penis' who can't afford a decent car substituite.
If it was bigger and looked like a Staff it's probably an Amercian PitBull which is somewhere betwixt the two but a lot closer to it's namesake than the Staff.
Woof Woof

This could also mean that you have obvioulsy burgled your neighbours.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As rcf0712 says a Staff is one of the best, if not the best dog to have with children. However, all pedigree dogs are bred for a particular reason and it's not just for their looks. I have met lots of very docile and friendly Alsations and Rottweilers, two such beasts are right beside me as I type. However, they were obtained to be guard dogs (they're useless as they're so docile) and the intention was that their natural aggression would deter any attempted burglary. Thus far this has been the case. Some other dogs though, are bred for fighting and the prime example of this is a Pit Bull. Granted they can be nice enough, I had one in the US who was very good as long as he knew you and you weren't another large dog. However, Pit Bulls and Akitas are fighting dogs and it's instinctive to them to fight and as such they should not be allowed end of story. They really don't work well as guards as they don't tend to bark as much as many other breeds. It really doesn't matter that much with these breeds wheaher you're a 'good' owner or a 'bad' one, these are not a good idea.

I met a truly ridiculous dog a couple of days ago which must represent the pinacle of Chav dogs. The Chav owner was most upset when I asked him if it was a Staff Labrador cross (which it looked like by it's size and very friendly disposition). Apparently if was supposed to be Pit Bull Mastiff cross which is arguable the worst mix of breeds imaginable. The fact that it was a year old and a Staff's height would suggest that this numbskull had in fact been conned and it was what I thought it was. But what sort or retard would want a dog like that anyway ?

Personally rather than euthanise the dog the owner should have been put down. Also, in some states in the US if a Pit Bull is found running free it is immediately captured and then taken to be put down, sadly many rednecks (and a certain NFL star) breed these dogs to fight and kill hence the harsh treatment.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sorry double post !

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What about Hitlers dog? And I heard one of the Lassie's was downright EVIL!

Hitler's dog was a German Shepard called Blondi. She was shot before Hitler and Eva Brain committed suicide.

I was in a local pub the other day, and a lad with tats on his neck walked in with what-I-believe was a pitbull on a thick chain.

I had my dog with me so we got chatting - and he was a decent well-spoken ex-serviceman and his dog was happy, slightly goofy and playful.

You just can't generalize.
I understand the issues about how these breeds of dogs instill fear by reputation and their capable appearance - but they are just not necessarily going to manifest the traits that people fear from them.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Pitbulls arent even a proper breed of dog.

The US stud books are a crock of shit with numerous examples of animals that are crossbreds or other breeds being listed as pure breds.

But on appareance Staffys are shorter in the leg than what will be identified as Pitbulls and their head isnt as box shaped.

Not that it really matters.

You're more likely to get bitten by a Staffy than a Pitbull anyway.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As rcf0712 says a Staff is one of the best, if not the best dog to have with children.

Not sure what it's like in the UK, but over here the Staffy is the most common dog bite breed.

Personally i'd never trust any kind of terrier around kids even if i was standing there.

Feel safer with the kids playing with a Greyhound or a Great Dane.

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Not sure what it's like in the UK, but over here the Staffy is the most common dog bite breed.

Personally i'd never trust any kind of terrier around kids even if i was standing there.

really, never heard that one, I've always understood them to be one of the most friendly and docile breeds around - ours certainly is and has never tried to eat either of my kids...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
really, never heard that one, I've always understood them to be one of the most friendly and docile breeds around - ours certainly is and has never tried to eat either of my kids...

THE staffordshire bull terrier has been identified as the prime offender for dog attacks in Brisbane past year.

Staffordshire bull terriers were cited as responsible for 145 dog attacks reported to Brisbane City Council in the 11 months to December.

Australian cattle dogs were named in 113 attacks, german shepherds in 69 and rottweilers in 54.

Chihuahuas were held responsible for eight attacks at places including Cannon Hill, Wynnum West, Brighton and Calamvale.

Four cat attacks and a poultry attack, at Corinda, were reported in statistics obtained under Freedom of Information.

The statistics also record 26 attacks by labradors, 29 by rhodesian ridgebacks, 28 by boxers, 27 by bull terriers, 37 by bullmastiffs, 32 by border collies, 20 by siberian huskies, 13 by american staffordshire terriers and 12 by american pitbulls.

Several alleged attacks by pomeranians, maltese terriers and cocker spaniels were investigated.

The average investigation took 37 days.

That's a section of the statistics within one city area over here.

Still going by those figure perhaps we need to start pointing the finger at poultry owners too :D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Must be something to with Australians then, Staffs here are regarded as very friendly and tame. They are possibly the most likeable breed in the country.

Mind you I've met a few Australians who deserved biting so how can you blame the dog ?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Must be something to with Australians then, Staffs here are regarded as very friendly and tame. They are possibly the most likeable breed in the country.

Mind you I've met a few Australians who deserved biting so how can you blame the dog ?

Doesn't matter what country a breed is in.

If a breed isn't predisposed to biting they very rarely will and for mine that's the true key to a dogs potential to bite.

If I gave a bad owner a Staffy and a Whippet and they were raised the same way without a doubt the Staffy would be more likely to bite than the Whippet.

And that comes down to one being a pit type dog and the other being a sight hound.

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
That's a section of the statistics within one city area over here.

Still going by those figure perhaps we need to start pointing the finger at poultry owners too :D
Queenslanders eh? There must be something in the water over there as the people are a bit aggro too.... and watch out for those rogue chooks

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What occurs to me is how galling it must be for legitimate breeders and owners of Staffies to have had their fave breed 'hijacked' over the last 10 years by every chav who has got one because it looks vaguely like a pit bull.

In terms of biting stats, i'm sure i read somewhere that Collies and Jack Russells were two of the worst breeds. I recall that that the essential issue with Collies, particular the border variety was that they were very intelligent and do need constant stimulation (oo err!) and if they get bored they tend to get aggressive and are prone to biting. I can't recall the excuse for Jack Russells but personally i've never fathomed the attraction of such a yappy little rat dog.

In conclusion, i now know why i'm more of cat fan. Perhaps i should attempt to train my British Blue shorthair to be an 'attack cat' and then watch the sales of SHEBA plummet!:lol:

What occurs to me is how galling it must be for legitimate breeders and owners of Staffies to have had their fave breed 'hijacked' over the last 10 years by every chav who has got one because it looks vaguely like a pit bull.

In terms of biting stats, i'm sure i read somewhere that Collies and Jack Russells were two of the worst breeds. I recall that that the essential issue with Collies, particular the border variety was that they were very intelligent and do need constant stimulation (oo err!) and if they get bored they tend to get aggressive and are prone to biting. I can't recall the excuse for Jack Russells but personally i've never fathomed the attraction of such a yappy little rat dog.

In conclusion, i now know why i'm more of cat fan. Perhaps i should attempt to train my British Blue shorthair to be an 'attack cat' and then watch the sales of SHEBA plummet!:lol:

I can tell you after having had a Border Collie from pup to the grave, that they are control fanatics. They will not accept being dominated by anyone other than the person/s they are loyal to. Kids will sometimes pull at dogs, and mine would stand it for a short while before letting them know he wasn't patiently going to allow anything more. He would be likely to snap at anything that didn't get the picture - but not to hurt or draw blood.
Still, if kids were round him I had to watch the situation so they didn't run off with "mummy that dog just attacked me".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here