Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss take colleagues

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhaexpress said:
Actually Yorkie, after that length of service you'd have had them over a barrell for wrongful dismissal.

No. Not at all. They could have tried to dismiss as not being fit for work. My union rep said they could as well which is was grieved me so much.

One boss even spied on someone who had broken their leg falling off a bus when it set off.
The employee saw them and got the solicitor who was dealing with the claim with the bus company to write a letter stating that YE was harassing the employee.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hmm, I don't think it makes any difference. Gender is not a factor in my (not inconsiderable) experience.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Dont worry, tongue in cheek!!
No seriously, It really gets on my nerve's the piss take of other people. Maybe I have a different viewpoint to others but I have too much respect for myself to not work hard or get into work on time. Taking the piss like that is not something my dad would be proud of.
HOWEVER, I am starting to agree with the idea that if you cant beat them, join them. The only thing is somewhere down the if everyone has that attitude the whole country will go down the drain (isnt it anyway?)
It doesnt matter if Im at work or playing football, I dont like giving up easily or showing the attitude that you cant be bothered.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, having done a number of different firms over the years I tend to go with the flow. I've actually had a contract terminated for being 'Too Helpful'. I also had another three month contract terminated as I cleared the backlog in a month. (I did get paid after threats of legal action and violence though).

It's hard to get motivated with some jobs as those above you don't give a toss so why bother ? You get no benefit from it although it's very irritating. I'd rather be going at it full on than sitting around twiddling my thumbs.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
For all this moaning about people taking the piss from what i've seen and heard it's actually pretty difficult for a company to sack someone these days what with all the rules and regulations, Once you have completed a probation period then within reason you can get away with murder.

When i used to work for NTL and good 3 years ago now the p1ss taking was unbelievable and it wasn't as if we didn't get enogh time off as we worked 4 on 4 off but one or guys whenever it came round to saturday or sunday working the sickline was red hot. The company used to send them letters etc but they kept producing doctors notes and got off scot free.

Goring Gull said:
but they kept producing doctors notes and got off scot free.

Kept producing doctors notes, eh. The bastards!

Perhaps they were ILL?

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
Well my opinion on slackers or any other kind of parasite is that if you don’t want to do the job then don’t. I'm sure there are many unemployed people that would jump at the chance of going into work to earn an honest buck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here