Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss take colleagues

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
My last job was for 4 1/2 years. Guy I worked with took 2 sick days a month like clockwork. We even mapped out his sick days a month in advance and had a contest to see who got them right. I was rarely off (3 days in first 4 years). Then last winter I had flu for 1 week and the next week was selected for jury duty. 2 months later I got downsized while mr 2 weeks a month stayed on.

I am now a contractor. When people in the office slack off I just get more work. At least I get rewarded for my efforts. May not last long but I think contacting is the way to go.

David

Oh yeah Brighton Bird when are you coming over?

:drink:

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
I’m a technician at a school managing the network, computer maintenance and all that stuff. I also support the students in IT lessons once a day and occasionally take the lesson if a teacher is off at a meeting or ill etc..

I have to say I do love my job, the pay in not good at all but I believe I’m much more well off than others as I don’t feel like I want to slit my wrists in the morning rather than go to work. Only the fact I’m leaving a nice warm bed in the morning disappoints me and I’m certain I could do with just 1 hour more sleep.

Well during the football season I get to train the students after school at 3:10 and help with the running of the football teams! Bloody good it is too, I think I’m one of the few on this board that gets paid to play football!

On the other hand there is another technician that does not have the same enthusiasm as me. He is an hour late at least once a week he just strolls in and says “sorry”. He takes days off without any notice and comes in the next day and says “sorry”. When he is at work he sits at the computer uses soulseek and browses the internet. When asked to do anything it either takes an age to get round to doing it or just forgets about it. The thing that gets me is that when quizzed about some incomplete task he says he has been busy! What the F***?

I could go on with examples of his laziness but I would be ranting for hours!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
driddles said:
My last job was for 4 1/2 years. Guy I worked with took 2 sick days a month like clockwork. We even mapped out his sick days a month in advance and had a contest to see who got them right. I was rarely off (3 days in first 4 years). Then last winter I had flu for 1 week and the next week was selected for jury duty. 2 months later I got downsized while mr 2 weeks a month stayed on.

I am now a contractor. When people in the office slack off I just get more work. At least I get rewarded for my efforts. May not last long but I think contacting is the way to go.

David

Oh yeah Brighton Bird when are you coming over?

Where in Ontario are you, driddles?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
driddles said:
Juan I'm in Burlington. Half way between Toronto & Niagara Falls.

Ah, Burlington. Don't know it very well, although I did buy a printer off a guy in a car park there earlier this year. Wasn't you was it?

Also a very remote chance of me coming down there on Sunday to watch the Cougars take on Milton.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
A bunch of large cats are invading Milton on Saturday? Sounds scary. I'll put my money on the cats - providing the police don't use guns. I'll take a guess - hockey?

No I don't sell anything in car parks...

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I daren't mention that I'm on to my 50th day of sick leave this year, but that is more than I have had in the last 15 years of loyal service. I love my job & like so many of you, have had to put up with complete piss takers over the years:(

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Well Mum my wife has had that problem and I found a cure recently. Drink a glass of Cherry juice about an hour before you want to sleep. Cherry Juice has the same chemical as Turkey and can do wonders for helping you sleep. Just make sure its juice and not pop.

Hope it helps.

David

Robbo

WhitleyDennis said:
Fair enough. You are clearly at too menial a level for such responsibility. Consider my statements retracted.

So you GOON, i am at too much of a menial level for such responsability am i?

I suppose you are some kinda director of your own company or somethimg?

:rolleyes:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
oneboot said:
Has anyone been fired for being useless or lazy at work? or seen anyone fired?

WE had some lad at my old work place who was at least 15 mins late for work EVERY day without fail, he was marched out the office never to be seen again

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
Goring Gull said:
WE had some lad at my old work place who was at least 15 mins late for work EVERY day without fail, he was marched out the office never to be seen again

Thank god! I was beginning to think that these people all get away with it! As we speak the guy I "work" with is on his second day off this week, 2 days out of 2 is not bad!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
oneboot said:

When I worked at Yorkshire Electricity if anyone took one day off sick whilst in their 3 or 6 month trial period they got the sack.

As I mentioned before on this thread I ended up with a written warning for having three operations in 18 months. That written warning basically said one more absence in the next 12 months meant I was out the door and I worked there for 25 years :angry:

I am so glad I got made redundant when the company was the target of a takeover bid.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
By the way the women who prompted me to start this thread has taken 3 days off annual leave to go to London WITHOUT her diabetic boyfriend.

What happens if he needs to go into hospital again?

hmmmm...

Robbo

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
By the way the women who prompted me to start this thread has taken 3 days off annual leave to go to London WITHOUT her diabetic boyfriend.

What happens if he needs to go into hospital again?

hmmmm...

She'll phone in sick, and hence have her annual leave cancelled. Thats what generally happens!

:censored: :angry: :censored:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:
When I worked at Yorkshire Electricity if anyone took one day off sick whilst in their 3 or 6 month trial period they got the sack.

As I mentioned before on this thread I ended up with a written warning for having three operations in 18 months. That written warning basically said one more absence in the next 12 months meant I was out the door and I worked there for 25 years :angry:

I am so glad I got made redundant when the company was the target of a takeover bid.

Actually Yorkie, after that length of service you'd have had them over a barrell for wrongful dismissal.

One thing that bothers me about the US is that a lot of states (including the two that I am likely to be working in) have no employee protection at all.

Land of the free ? I don't think so.

Albion Rob

oneboot said:

I got the sack from Rileys snooker club in Stoke when I worked there as a student. I basically liked the job and the staff and was pretty good at it too, but unfortunately the manager was a fat twat and used to delight in making my life difficult.

Anyway, after a few weeks of bubbling tension some money went missing and I got the finger of suspicion pointed at me, then he came in as we were closing one night and fired me.

My parting shot was: "Ok, thanks for the job, there are a few things I could mention about this place, but hey, what's the f***ing point."

A week later the aforementioned manager had been demoted and the assistant manager sacked after it was discovered by the area manager that the assistant manager had waged a campaign of theft against the company totalling around £1,000.

I didn't grass him up, I didn't have to, it was obvious to everyone but the fuckwit manager, but needless to say I had the last laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here