Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss off wind

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
anyone else get really pissed off with windy days? its blustery and all sorts outside and its RUBBISH!

Just had to ring home to make sure my Hothouse (greenhouse) was still standing as its housing all my Chilli Plants and the things not exactly that stable when you breathe on it :rant:

Piss off Wind.......NOT my only friend....I hate YOU! :censored:

:bowdown: Mighty Boosh :bowdown:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Try cycling along the brighton/hove seafront with the wind and rain in your face. Not pleasant. I really should have come along church road instead...

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Try walking for 40 minutes in the wind/rain earlier just wearing a t-shirt and shorts! I would not reccomend it:ohmy:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Try cycling along the brighton/hove seafront with the wind and rain in your face. Not pleasant. I really should have come along church road instead...

did that in my old job when I used to cycle along the coast:
Shoreham to Black Lion street in Brighton one morning took 19minutes....the journey home....45mins :angry:

edit: legs of STEEL though mind :thumbsup:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
anyone else get really pissed off with windy days? its blustery and all sorts outside and its RUBBISH!

Just had to ring home to make sure my Hothouse (greenhouse) was still standing as its housing all my Chilli Plants and the things not exactly that stable when you breathe on it :rant:

:bowdown: Mighty Boosh :bowdown:

oooo - you just reminded me, I wanted to ask you about growing chillis. Let me think what I wanted to know.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was wearing long shorts while cycling. The bit behing king alfred's/the flats was the worst, you really get the sea spray (felt like hail in my face)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
did that in my old job when I used to cycle along the coast:
Shoreham to Black Lion street in Brighton one morning took 19minutes....the journey home....45mins :angry:

edit: legs of STEEL though mind :thumbsup:

I go the other way (come down lewes road/old steine to the peir, then along the sea front to sackville, so the cycle in is horrid, the cycle home is easy.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oooo - you just reminded me, I wanted to ask you about growing chillis. Let me think what I wanted to know.

yeah ask away :)

I was wearing long shorts while cycling. The bit behing king alfred's/the flats was the worst, you really get the sea spray (felt like hail in my face)

yeah that is a bitch, also alog the long road (forget the name) towards the Power Station theres that ong wall where the lorries park, somethimes that relief from the wind as it blows over but once you pass that its straight back in your face and a bitch!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Hmm, have been meaning to ask for a while now. Never grown any before (or anything come to that), but wanted to this year. Got 3 packs of different varieties ( Cayenne, Jalapeno and Lantern ). They seem to be doing ok (all indoors, in individual pots). The different varies are different heights now, but that's ok. First Qs that come to mind are : do I need to plant them outside at some point and when do they flower ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Hmm, have been meaning to ask for a while now. Never grown any before (or anything come to that), but wanted to this year. Got 3 packs of different varieties ( Cayenne, Jalapeno and Lantern ). They seem to be doing ok (all indoors, in individual pots). The different varies are different heights now, but that's ok. First Qs that come to mind are : do I need to plant them outside at some point and when do they flower ?

what size pots are they in now? if small you will need to pot them onto larger pots at sompepoint. I use anything from 2litre to 3.5litre pots asthey'll tend to grow to the size of the pot (like a fish in a tank!).
Flowering depends on when you sewed them, I sewed most of mine early Feb and the first flowers came out the last week or so.

You can move them outside anytime from now really but best when they are mature in larger pots, night time temps dont dip too low anymore but i'd be aware of days like today, wind/rain damage can be life threatening. Keep them in Pots for their entire life or place them into Troughs or even tomato grow bags should be alright!

I'll post pictures of my lot later tnoight if you like :thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

I came along Church Road once just by the Junction with Mulholland's Offy
about 11.30one night during Euro 96 just after a meal in Orsino.

Dirty Minx:blush:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

yeah that is a bitch, also alog the long road (forget the name) towards the Power Station theres that ong wall where the lorries park, somethimes that relief from the wind as it blows over but once you pass that its straight back in your face and a bitch!

Basin Road

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Having worked outside nearly all my life I've noticed over the past few years that as well as the obvious, wetter warmer winters , we seem to also have far more windy days than we used to. Other outdoorsey folks I've spoken to about this say they've noticed it too. I wonder if there's any hard evidence to back this observation up ?

P.S. Plant African marigolds with your peppers if you want to try some companion planting.

Do you know what? I just scribed a pain staking and miserable rant on this subject revolving around tennis and mountain goats when my computer decided to freeze, I blame the bastard, f***ing, inconsiderate, annoying, blustery, bombarding, bell end, twat that is the wind.

JUST f*** OFF AND LEAVE ME AND MY SANITY IN A SOLID NOT WIND LIKE STATE!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Having worked outside nearly all my life I've noticed over the past few years that as well as the obvious, wetter warmer winters , we seem to also have far more windy days than we used to. Other outdoorsey folks I've spoken to about this say they've noticed it too. I wonder if there's any hard evidence to back this observation up ?

Global warming. Or more accurately, Climate change. The melting ice caps causing pockets of colder oceans, together with heat from the holes in the ozone = change in wind patterns.

Wind is one of nature's wonders; massive power with no apparent source. Show it some respect!

Attachments

• wind-turbines03.jpg
    wind-turbines03.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 94

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here