Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piquionne has just driven past in his black 4 by 4. Fact. On way to amex. That's it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
f*** me, he hasn't even worn the stripes and you lot are ripping into him like his a fricking paedo in a playground!!! The West Ham fans thought Zamora was shit. They are hardly a good judge of skill are they.

FFS this board does my head in a times!

The most sensible post on here to date...if he is a loan then he will not cost us much...and do any of you know if he will fit in with Gus's style of play....no. If it was BZ this board will go berserk!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Piquionne will probably be cheap but like most cheap things in life the quality will be missing, and it is the quality that we desperately need up front at the moment. No doubt this will be becoming clearer to TB by the day.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The most sensible post on here to date...if he is a loan then he will not cost us much...and do any of you know if he will fit in with Gus's style of play....no. If it was BZ this board will go berserk!

Just wondering who's style of play he did fit looking at this

Piq.png

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
This is tosh my friend. He is def not signing, I asure you of that!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
My point is stats mean the square root of sod all.

I'm very sorry but in the case of a goal scorer, the number of times they hit the back of the net really is important.

I fully accept that you might look at a goalscorers stat's and see they have gone through a barren period, or played for a team that doesn't suit and it makes them no less a quality goal scorer. In this case the fella has a record of never doing it, plus I've added it to previous comments on here, and two mates of mine who are West Ham who tell me he is gash and before it's said I know "they" said BZ was crap so they're not always right.

Really not sure where you are coming from

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I got the same response when Barndoor signed said he was shit was slated left right and centre, funny enough he was dog shit, Piq is awful and if people wanna delude themselves and believe he is a good player then good luck to you, but we wont be scoring goals any more than we are now.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
I got the same response when Barndoor signed said he was shit was slated left right and centre, funny enough he was dog shit, Piq is awful and if people wanna delude themselves and believe he is a good player then good luck to you, but we wont be scoring goals any more than we are now.

Then we might as well settle for lower league or a possible relegation battle then. We aren't scoring and we don't have the money for another players. We are In a nutshell. Screwed.

Yoda

English & European
Its definately been talked about at a higher level than the bus queue, and Zamora was keen on it, but I think the wages may have killed it..... for now.

But if we get desperate, 40k a week for the rest of the season. Comes in at under £1.5 million. If Bloom thinks we are just a striker short of a serious premiership push, is it that high a price?

If it did happen,

a) it'll probably be on transfer deadline day as I think that's when the best deal could be done wages wise with QPR, and

b) despite everyone thinking its cuckoo talk, I would not be surprised in the slightest if it was a season loan with a view to a permenant deal.

Of all the outrageous names quoted on here, I think Zamora would be the most likely of the dream "gem" strikers :wink:

Would work out cheeper than trying to buy that kind of striker. We would be looking at a fee of around that, more depending on how long they have left on their contract, plus wages.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Piquionne will probably be cheap but like most cheap things in life the quality will be missing, and it is the quality that we desperately need up front at the moment. No doubt this will be becoming clearer to TB by the day.

other players Albion have signed that were cheap
Peter Ward
Bobby Zamora
Mark Lawenson
Steve Foster
do I need to go on
sometimes in life you have to take a chance

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

At least you could make an argument (of sorts) for Paynter. I was totally neutral btw as I am with most. But in this case I can't find anything positive to say about the bloke and the fellas going at me or generally defending aren't presenting any kind of argument that I can see.

I've got no desire to see this bloke come here and fail and be able to say I told you so as it'll mean half a season bloody well wasted before Gus waves the white flag.

I'd also say on the evidence of last night and Hull (replayer and post match comments only) I really do think we are a much better side than last year. We've got more pace and presence and mixing our game up a bit. I reckon we'll progress quickly and if we can get Vicente on his game then convinced CMS will come good (not to say we don't want the target striker though)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here