Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piquionne has just driven past in his black 4 by 4. Fact. On way to amex. That's it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So...

What do people think?

Come on, don't be shy...

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
lets wait and see eh!
this has been said about many players who join other clubs and they have turned out OK

mind you he could come here and score 40 goals this season and people would still moan

Watford fans were glad to see the back of Buckley....

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Poyet's striker record for us, is very poor. This signing if true will reiterate this further.

this is true,

The 2 Argies we're not up to it. Holroyd not good enough, Sandaza not good enough, Chirs Wood (OK but nothing special) Tried to sign Barn door Billy on a permanent (thank f**k there was a hold up and we only loaned him), same with vokes and now piquione??

he was shit at Pompey, shit at West Ham, shit on loan to Doncaster (and all 3 got relegated in the seasons he was there)

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Bloody hell. Theres no pleasing some of you lot. It's a striker. You never know he could come good. FFS give him a chance If It's going to be true? You moan about prices going up but without the funds we can't get the world beaters you expect. :mad:

Yes any striker right now would be a bonus, he's not exactly played at a low level tbh, looked decent at times on highlights a few years back, who knows, could be good at this level

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
CMS looked good tonight ..... Also cheap talk in the Bus queue about Zamora signing on loan gathering pace
Its definately been talked about at a higher level than the bus queue, and Zamora was keen on it, but I think the wages may have killed it..... for now.

But if we get desperate, 40k a week for the rest of the season. Comes in at under £1.5 million. If Bloom thinks we are just a striker short of a serious premiership push, is it that high a price?

If it did happen,

a) it'll probably be on transfer deadline day as I think that's when the best deal could be done wages wise with QPR, and

b) despite everyone thinking its cuckoo talk, I would not be surprised in the slightest if it was a season loan with a view to a permenant deal.

Of all the outrageous names quoted on here, I think Zamora would be the most likely of the dream "gem" strikers :wink:

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So newly promoted Charlton get Fuller and we are rumoured to be on the verge of signing Piquionne? Why the hell can't we compete for some of the more decent strikers on offer?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
f*** me, he hasn't even worn the stripes and you lot are ripping into him like his a fricking paedo in a playground!!! The West Ham fans thought Zamora was shit. They are hardly a good judge of skill are they.

FFS this board does my head in a times!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
lets wait and see eh!
this has been said about many players who join other clubs and they have turned out OK

mind you he could come here and score 40 goals this season and people would still moan

He hasn't scored 40 goals in his entire career!

Have spent an entire year arguing the toss with the tree huggers about giving Harley (one more) chance, and just as it appears the last ones have seen the light we're set to sign another loser. I genuinely hope this doesn't happen, he's total cack and barring a miracle he always will be, and it'll be at least half a season wasted. Please let him go to Leeds, please!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here