Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pink shirts...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ok - Here's an interesting thought...

When Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United and all of the other rich clubs change their kits every year with just the slightest of alterations, people go ballistic and claim that they are trying to screw money out of supporters.

In the 2008/09 season Brighton & Hove Albion changed their home shirt and produced a further two away shirts - one sky blue and one blue & yellow stripes. The following season, they have again changed their away shirts and done away with the sky blue shirt and released a Red & black striped shirt. In addition to this, the club have now begun stocking a pink & white shirt replica shirt which whilst aimed toward the female supporters, are now being produced in a larger size so that both sexes can purchase the shirt.

Therefore, if you take the cost of a shirt which amounts to £37.99 and bought all of the shirts released over the course of the last 12 months you would have spent £190.

Chuck in the goalie shirt and if you've got kids, then shirts for them then you could be looking at around £300 over the last 12 months for replica shirts.

I realise that football is now a money making exercise and that your club is in your blood. But considering that we already pay one of the highest amounts at the turnstiles in the country outside of the Premier League, I'd be interested in whether you think that supporting the Albion at the moment represents good value for money?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ok , I'd be interested in whether you think that supporting the Albion at the moment represents good value for money?

Last Tuesday and Saturday would suggest it is. f***ing depressing though :lolol:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I realise that football is now a money making exercise and that your club is in your blood. But considering that we already pay one of the highest amounts at the turnstiles in the country outside of the Premier League, I'd be interested in whether you think that supporting the Albion at the moment represents good value for money?

yes - because I don't buy replica shirts anymore. However a few more 7's and 4's against and i may well change my mind.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The pink one isnt a replica shirt though is it ?? its a novelty one.

You could argue that they change the training kit every year to which is also available.

it down to the individual what they buy.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Personally I think it's symptomatic of the fact that the club aren't selling any of these shirts. How many people do you know who've bought one? Terrible designs, poor quality, badly marketed - I reckon the club are probably losing money on them.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
The pink one isnt a replica shirt though is it ?? its a novelty one.

You could argue that they change the training kit every year to which is also available.

it down to the individual what they buy.

Yes, it is the womens shirt, i think?

I have one, and only need one. A rip off, yes, but i just HAVE to get one.

Although it looks like :braders:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
You don't have to buy them.

Chappers I haven't and you're missing the point of the thread. I know other fans who've bought ALL of the current replica shirts including the pink one.

What started this conversation is that Livepool also have another third choice away shirt as well and I was arguing that supporting the Albion was now just as expensive as supporting a premiership team but that because of the standard of football, supporting liverpool represents better value for money that what the Albion does.

Anyone who knows me knows that I bleed BHA. However, when we try to fill our brand spanking new stadium in Falmer we have to try to attract new fans and I wonder how we can do that when it's just as cheap for parents to go upto London to watch the likes of Arsenal at the Emirates compared to Scunthorpe or MK Dons?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont buy the shirts anymore, but I did buy the pink one.

Why? Coz like Ady said its a NOVELTY one and will never really go out of date.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Like others have said, you dont have to buy every shirt that we bring out, some people choose to buy them all and thats up to them.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I would imagine those who have bought all the shirts were able to afford them, otherwise they wouldn't have done so, shirley? People only buy what they can afford don't they, whether they support Albion, Accrington Stanley, Liverpool or Real Madrid? You don't have to buy any or all of your teams shirts if you don't want to/can't afford to.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
most premiership teams change kits every two years - we bring out a new away kit EVERY year, along with "one off" and "novelty" kits

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's just personal preference ... don't want it don't buy it, don't like it, don't buy it, the home shirt is only every two years in the meantime I've bought a few of the others as that's what I "like" to do.

The "pink" shirt is just a very clever and funny piece of marketing and those that buy it will help the club as others do in other ways.

End of ...

My wife has just ordered the pink one and I have to say I'm quite looking forward to seeing her in it. It is the only 'replica' kit either of us have bought in over 2 years.
That is all.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My wife has just ordered the pink one and I have to say I'm quite looking forward to seeing her in it. It is the only 'replica' kit either of us have bought in over 2 years.
That is all.

You SHOULD be wearing it NOT her.

I hope you are SPORTING it tomorrow :angry::angry::angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here