Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pietersen OUT for the rest of the Ashes series

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I dont know if Prior's style is what is required as high as number 5 in the order. It is good if the top 4 score, but if it collapses, Prior in at 5 at Test level is a huge gamble.

It has to be those four, but which order is tough.
Bell's technique should make him a good number 3 batsmen, but he just doesnt seem to perform.

What about the fat Kent boy ? he can bat 3 or he can open with Strauss and drop Cook to 3..... Stand up, if you can, Rob Key !

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Bell's batted well at 3 this season so he should play 3 and Bopora 4. I presume Shah will be added to the squad. If only Vaughan hadn't retired

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
key_52187t.jpg

:jester:

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Both Flintoff and KP are learning the hard way that they should have rested instead of playing in South Africa. May be now a few other players might realise that their bodies need to be rested. Too much cricket played and too much money.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
What about the fat Kent boy ? he can bat 3 or he can open with Strauss and drop Cook to 3..... Stand up, if you can, Rob Key !

Key can bat, but he lets the team down in other aspects of the game as he cant bowl or field very well.

At least Bell can field. I would stick Bell in at 3, as Bopara cant seem to hack it against the Aussies coming in at 3. Bopara should be dropped, but as KP is out, and Bell (Bopara's likely replacement) is already there, Ravi's spot looks safe.

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Bopara
Collingwood
Prior
Flintoff

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Flowers said the other day that Bell would come in if Pietersen was out....so that pretty much STUMPS that argument!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Key can bat, but he lets the team down in other aspects of the game as he cant bowl or field very well.

At least Bell can field. I would stick Bell in at 3, as Bopara cant seem to hack it against the Aussies coming in at 3. Bopara should be dropped, but as KP is out, and Bell (Bopara's likely replacement) is already there, Ravi's spot looks safe.

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Bopara
Collingwood
Prior
Flintoff

I worry about 3-4-5, I don't think all 3 will produce runs, Key can go Longstop for Priors byes

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bell for me, gets a lot of stick but is still a quality batsman.
Not many other options, not sure why SSN have been mentioning Moore his average this year is poor. (Poet and I didn't know it)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here