Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Piers Morgan v Matt Hancock

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Very well said. I to am amazed how critical people are about governments just after an election. As far as I am concerned would give any government at least a year of a 5yr term before I formed an opinion. 100% agree about Morgan Certainly has chosen this virus as the wrong subject to be an arse

Ummm they've been in power for ten years not a few weeks. In this time, funding has been cut to the NHS as has investment in Planning for such a pandemic.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Private Eye did reported on how he managed to avoid the phone hacking scandal. In particular how his after dinner speeches back in the day contained many a hilarious story about the stuff heard on the phones of celebrities.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It is very easy to be when all you do is talk . It is a bit harder when you have to do !!
Very easy also to don't than to do.

Once this virus left China then we should have been repurposing industry from day 1, getting the 3d printers and production lines focussed on PPE.

But no, we dithered and delayed in February when we should have been 'doing'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I reacted to the second very political thread I read this morning, it was knee jerk. However I very strongly feel that normal politics is out the window and just as in a time of war, scoring cheap political points seems to me to be disloyal to our people when this is the time after all the Brexit rubbish, we are largely coming together.

There are very polarised views about Hancock. I have read comments in which the poster has been incredibly impressed by him in the press conferences, and then almost the next post states how out of his depth he is and how useless he is etc. What gives?

It isn't point scoring to ask questions and hold those in power to account. Jeremy Hunt was the previous Health Minister and was questioning the policies mid March.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...remy-hunt-pandemic-nhs-covid-19-a9399076.html

A few of us knew what was going on in care homes a couple of weeks ago, and now it is being revealed and dealt with.
If those in power aren't held to account, things get swept under a rug.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Morgan is the classic pantomime villain/marmite figure.

But regardless of whether you love him or hate, he's asking all the necessary questions at this time.

As for the Tory bashing on here, IMHO if Uncle Jeremy had won back in December we'd have rioting in the streets by now.

I'm not a Labour supporter, but that is a very cheap shot!

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
To be honest. I don't give a monkeys. My sentiment is that this is a time of crisis and whoever were in power I would support them.

No, we should hold them to account and point out their failings so that they can be rectified and learned from. Silence and 'support' will only lead to a mistake becoming an even worse one. How can you support their decision to ignore science and aim for herd immunity for weeks? How can you support their decision NOT to take up offers to buy more PPE through the EU? How can you support their lies about the readiness of the country?

My only support is to follow the rules set out to try and halt the spread of the virus. We MUST hold any government to account regardless of the scenario/crisis, and regardless of whether it is your chosen party in power.

I could handle a government not dealing with this 'well' (whatever that means), it is nigh on impossible to fully prepare for this. But the lies that they have told from the outset are unforgivable and they must be told from all quarters to do better.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Morgan is the lowest form of human filth, He cost the lives of British service personnel, I will never forgive him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

? What did he do?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can’t disagree with your opinion on Morgan. Spot on.

Not so much on our government. ‘Everyone is learning as they go along’, you say.

The issue is, they DIDNT learn, from the (unavoidable) mistakes of others. And tens of thousands of our citizens will die because of it. That really is the bottom line, and no amount of free money, or clapping on the steps of member ten, will ever, ever make up for that, IMO.

They only followed the advice of the ‘experts’ that they chose to follow. The World Health Organisation, and a huge majority of actual experts (in the specific fields of virology and infectious diseases) advocated a very different path, but our ‘hero’ knew better, and choose to delay, delay and delay the clearly necessary lockdown, in the interests of duck knows what.

They had the benefit of seeing what Spain and Italy got wrong, but blew that advantage completely. The Italian people saw what was happening and BEGGED us to lock down to avoid their mistakes. But ‘Boris’ and his acolytes knew better and kept the pubs and the schools open for two weeks too long.

And let’s not forget the absolute failure to prepare testing, contacting tracing and PPE amongst other things and completely overlook/ignore care and residential homes to the point where they’re not even counting the deaths let alone providing them with the help they need.

Shameful. And sadly Boris will no doubt crack a few quips, throw in a bit of Latin, and his supporters will be smiling again. Well, the ones who are still alive will.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a total crock of shit based on absolutely nothing except your own prejudices.

I wonder how you’d have reacted to what’s going on if Labour had got in, you do seem to have an anti Tory agenda.

My take is we should get behind the Government, they have made mistakes and cock ups but then virtually all countries have. I’d like to think I’d feel the same whoever was in power :shrug:

It’s a complete cluster**** and I reckon it would have been regardless of who was in power

As an aside I do know people in the NHS and all of them have stated that they have had plenty of PPE, the media only seem to want to highlight the negatives. Sign of the shitty times we live in.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder how you’d have reacted to what’s going on if Labour had got in, you do seem to have an anti Tory agenda.

My take is we should get behind the Government, they have made mistakes and cock ups but then virtually all countries have. I’d like to think I’d feel the same whoever was in power :shrug:
I hate this crop of Tories, I won't deny it. But we are where we are - the Tories run the country and are doing a crap job of it (IMO) so it is perfectly fair to comment on that.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ummm they've been in power for ten years not a few weeks. In this time, funding has been cut to the NHS as has investment in Planning for such a pandemic.

No way can you compare one Tory government with another. I didnt vote for them but all should give this one a chance and form an opinion after a year plus. Sure you dont consider Labour same now as under Corbyn

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
....so Morgan proud of himself for pressing Hancock on whether he is going to take a pay....WTF ? He's paid a tiny fraction of what a PL footballer (or smug **** of a TV presenter) is paid and is working all hours. Morgan's gormless followers praising him for 'owning' Hancock on that point............:nono::nono::nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
....so Morgan proud of himself for pressing Hancock on whether he is going to take a pay....WTF ? He's paid a tiny fraction of what a PL footballer (or smug **** of a TV presenter) is paid and is working all hours. Morgan's gormless followers praising him for 'owning' Hancock on that point............:nono::nono::nono:

Yes I thought the same. He just slipped back into his popularist nonsense when he did that. A happy reminder that Morgan is a tedious popularist thunderc**t at heart, and just because he's doing a decent job questioning the government over CV19, it doesn't mean he's turned into anything resembling a decent person.

The only thing I'll say is that the Tories have relied on popularism since 2016 - it amuses me to see them get a taste of their own medicine.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Personally, I understand that sentiment and agree with it to a point - i think supporting the people in power is important, but I also think that no-one is beyond scrutiny. If we all supported them and didn't hold them accountable, then it's a dangerous game and one the government would be happy with - they'd love to do what they want without any repurcussions.

I think there has to be a balance. You can support but pull people up when necessary, but you can also criticise but do it constructively with the aim of a greater good. It's a hard balance to strike.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Time in office is a little bit irrelevant......the pandemic is 'new'. Loads of mistakes were bound to have been made in all this - everyone is learning as they go along. Not sure what Stanley Johnson's behaviour has to do with the Government. The EU is in total turmoil in terms of dealing with the pandemic. You can easily interpret the stats to make us look better or worse than other countries in Europe...........

Morgan acts like a teenager on Facebook.....will do or say anything to get 'likes'.

johnson senior did put himself forward to do an interview instead of bungle, he actually turned up at the studio demanding why they didn't want to televise his ramblings... :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here