Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piercey Acting Like A Twat!

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Also have to agree with Easy and Safeway - we the fans have a right to expect dedicated professionals. But the jury's still out on Piercey. If he's making a habit of it, then it will undoubtedly get back to McGhee and he'll be out on his ear. Shame if that happens because I was really impressed by his performance in the first half against Plymouth.

greengull

Sep 5, 2003
I agree with Easy also, if you want to be a pro, then you should be making a lifestyle choice. Playing for Brighton & Hove Albion is not a 9-5 job where you can do what you like out of work.
I take it none of the players smoke?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
METALMICKY said:

Albion Dan- Your defence of Piercy is very weak and i can't help thinking its clouded by the fact that you know him (you mentioned the connection to your sister).

I dont know him, my sister does and says he is a decent bloke, and I trust her judgement!

No one here has any evidence that the bloke has done anything wrong, other than go out and have a beer. I have read many times on here that Albion players have been seen out in the clubs in Brighton (Mayo, Zamora, Brooker, to name but a few!), how come they dont get shit for it?

Also, Piercy is playing well, which also makes this very odd. A few people with 3rd hand news pass it off and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

The Steve Coppell argument is pure gash! He gave him his current contract so obviously saw something in him, and it is obvious that Mcghee rates him highly and that is enough for me.

As for people who have never met the bloke or have any real proof of what he really gets up to calling him a twat, well kind of speaks for itself in my opinion!

This reminds me a bit of Lee Steele when he got labelled a pisshead and everyone jumped all over him for ages! Sad then Sad now!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Titanic said:
Which list would Tony Adams be in ?
Depends what stage of his career you are looking at. He's admitted himself that he was a fool, and to his credit, the fella recognised that he was very much a "List B" type player, but turned it round completely under Arsene Wenger, and gave himself another 5 years at the top of the game because of it.

Think he'd have achieved that if he'd carried on with the beers & kebabs ? He could easily have turned out to be another washed-up alcoholic loser like Paul McGrath. But he hasn't. I have a lot of respect for Tony Adams.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:
Fair enough, but if that's his attitude then he should f*** off and get a job as a bricky.

Professional footballers are paid a HELL of a lot of money, and they're paid it to keep in prime condition and play football to the best of their ability (of which Piercey undoubtabley has lots). Getting hammered and eating shite is not going to be helpful in doing this.
You repeat yourself (again) with the old 'best days of his life' line. The bloke's got a choice. He either decides that we wants to play League football then he has to make the necessary sacrifices. Ask anyone in a 'gifted' profession, certain sacrifices need to be made.

Take me in my job. I'm pretty good at it but if I sit on the internet all day then I won't be so good and my boss then has a right to have a go at me. It's no use me turning around and saying "but I'm naturally gifted at this, and if I can't use the internet then what's the point me being here?". If I said that I'd be out on my ear. It's the same with Piercey. He knows what's expected of him in his job, if he doesn't stick to it then he deserves to be pulled up and questioned.
Thats mc ghee's job to deal with it if it is a problem.:p
Face it you see premiership players on the piss all the time being accused of rape and brawls yet i don't see them getting dropped or sacked and there in the papers.

Most of you are just presuming he is a total piss-head and in which you need to prove that or give the bloke a break.:drink:

He has been seen out a few times big deal,but i think its gone way over board to be frank.:drink: :shootself :glare:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're absolutely right Berkshire, sitting here I have no evidence whatsoever that Piercy is regularly going out on the piss, and I'm not taking it as certain that he has been. I'm not accusing Piercy of anything, just voicing my opinion if he IS guilty of being a little too regular with the beer & burgers - IF he is.

But they guy has been at the Albion, what two years now ? Maybe two-and-a-half ? And how many appearances has he made for the first team in that time ? (I'll leave that to the statto's). Yes, I know he's had some injuries, but he's also chalked up a huge number of reserve team games in his time here, without getting a sniff of first team action. There's been times when we've been crying out for a creative player in the team, but Piercy has remained mysteriously absent. Instead, we've had the likes of Wilkinson and Harding drafted into midfield ahead of Piercy. Why ? It can't ALWAYS be because of injury, surely. He never got a sniff of the 1st team at Spurs, and until recently, he never got a sniff of the 1st team down here either. There's usually a reason for that.

It seems McGhee is prepared to give him a run in the team when fitness allows, so maybe he's knuckled down lately. Or maybe the squad is so painfully thin of quality now, that McGhee simply has no choice but to play Piercy. Who knows. I'll support him all the while he wears the stripes, just like any other player. But Piercy has been claiming a wage here for a long time now, and we've not had much in return. I think he owes us.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Easy 10 said:
You're absolutely right Berkshire, sitting here I have no evidence whatsoever that Piercy is regularly going out on the piss, and I'm not taking it as certain that he has been. I'm not accusing Piercy of anything, just voicing my opinion if he IS guilty of being a little too regular with the beer & burgers - IF he is.

But they guy has been at the Albion, what two years now ? Maybe two-and-a-half ? And how many appearances has he made for the first team in that time ? (I'll leave that to the statto's). Yes, I know he's had some injuries, but he's also chalked up a huge number of reserve team games in his time here, without getting a sniff of first team action. There's been times when we've been crying out for a creative player in the team, but Piercy has remained mysteriously absent. Instead, we've had the likes of Wilkinson and Harding drafted into midfield ahead of Piercy. Why ? It can't ALWAYS be because of injury, surely. He never got a sniff of the 1st team at Spurs, and until recently, he never got a sniff of the 1st team down here either. There's usually a reason for that.

It seems McGhee is prepared to give him a run in the team when fitness allows, so maybe he's knuckled down lately. Or maybe the squad is so painfully thin of quality now, that McGhee simply has no choice but to play Piercy. Who knows. I'll support him all the while he wears the stripes, just like any other player. But Piercy has been claiming a wage here for a long time now, and we've not had much in return. I think he owes us.
Yeah he has been a liability for sure,but we seem to have a fair few of those at the club.
If peircy is drinking day in day out and putting on lots of weight then yes he should be sacked,but to be honest i don't believe it is as bad as people are making out.
I see improvement,but he maybe he knows his contract is up in the summer and is making an effort who knows mmmm.

Funny thing is none of us know anything concrete and yet its made out that he is a alchy etc.

Its down to mc ghee and he must know if somethings not right??? :drink:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Easy, Piercy has been with us a year and a half, he signed for Hinshelwood and his first game was away at Rotherham.

Coppell renewed his contract pre season so obviously did want him, I actually think he is a confidence player and Coppell couldnt get the best out of him, unlike Mcghee who has shown faith in the lad. Last season we had a far more competitive midfield with the likes of Sidwell, Roger, Chippie, Brooker, Hart all playing well and ahead of Piercy, hence the number of reserve games.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Pretty sure coppell gave him an extra year:rolleyes:

I'll take you word for that although i recall him getting an exstended contract.:lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair enough Dan. Contrary to what you might think, I'm not coming on here to slag Piercy off, UNLESS he has been taking the piss. If he hasn't, (and as I said, I havn't seen evidence with my own eyes that he has) then fair play to the bloke, I hope he gets an extended run in the team, cos on the few occasions he's played, he has contributed.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
berkshire seagull said:

Face it you see premiership players on the piss all the time being accused of rape and brawls yet i don't see them getting dropped or sacked and there in the papers.

No, you see this evry now and then. The majority of premiership players are professionals.
I agree with Easy and Safeway. I pay £22 to see these players play and I don't want to see more skillful park players.
If someone said to me I could be a professional footballer but I couldn't drink at all whilst I was, I would do it, no questions asked, definetly.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Albion Dan said:
Easy, Piercy has been with us a year and a half, he signed for Hinshelwood and his first game was away at Rotherham.

Coppell renewed his contract pre season so obviously did want him, I actually think he is a confidence player and Coppell couldnt get the best out of him, unlike Mcghee who has shown faith in the lad. Last season we had a far more competitive midfield with the likes of Sidwell, Roger, Chippie, Brooker, Hart all playing well and ahead of Piercy, hence the number of reserve games.

he did have some decent players in front of him last season. might come good yet. hope your right with the confidance thing.
only thing that does worry me is. he plays well to get a knew contract then starts to sit on his arse and not bother again, leaving the club to pay his wages, while he just wears the slippers.
hope this isnt the case and it is also worth stating that any player could do that.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The possibility that Piercey is normally a twat and just has periods when he acts not a twat should not be ruled out. Confidence trickster rather than a confiedence player.

Maybe if Littlehampton Town and Leyton Orient do not want him, he can go to China :smokin:

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
the full harris said:
No, you see this evry now and then. The majority of premiership players are professionals.
I agree with Easy and Safeway. I pay £22 to see these players play and I don't want to see more skillful park players.
If someone said to me I could be a professional footballer but I couldn't drink at all whilst I was, I would do it, no questions asked, definetly.
Yes your right now and then in the papers,but i'll bet anything most players have a good piss-up once or twice a week.:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here