Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piercey Acting Like A Twat!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Albion Dan said:
give it a rest easy, you are falling for this shit big time

i agree with easy, as long as these rumours are true. if he is only having a few drinks and slightly pissed then i have no problem with him. just remember the club pays good money for him and our benefit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The best players are the best players for a reason. The TRUE professionals absolutely HAVE to look after themselves, their clubs insist on it, otherwise they are shipped out before very long. Off the top of my head at the very top level then:

List A: The Pro's

Thierry Henry
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Roy Keane
Paul Scholes
Frank Lampard

List B: The Pissheads

Lee Sharp
Paul McGrath
Charlie Nicholas
Gazza
Paul Merson

There's a massive difference between those players. About 10 years ago, English football woke up to the fact that the reason England, and English football, was so far behind the rest of Europe, was because continental players looked after themselves. Their whole diet and lifestyle was geared around their football careers. THAT is why the top players at the top clubs absolutely HAVE to adhere to a strict code of conduct when it comes to what they eat and what they drink. They are paid obscene amounts of money for this, so they accept it. If they don't adhere, then see list B.

Personally, just because we are a Second Division club, I see absolutely NO REASON why the Albion should not demand EXACTLY the same standards from our players, as Arsenal demand of theirs, when it comes to doing the right thing on eating and drinking.

If the likes of Piercy can't hack that, then they can f*** off, and we'll give a pro contract to someone else who can. I want athletes at the Albion, not half-arsed pissheads who like their beer and kebabs. Attitude is everything on this subject, and it has to be the same for the entire squad. Anyone who doesn't toe the line should be out on their ear.

Last edited:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
People are getting very heated about this.

When he was playing he looked a useful player, but now he's injured he should be trying to win a regular place in the side: his stated intent I seem to remember.

If he doesn't do that he won't have his contract renewed, potential or otherwise, and he'll have no-one to blame but himself.

Simple really.

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
berkshire seagull said:
Peircy is at his prime for clubbing etc and to think he should wait til he's in his 30s to enjoy himself is pathetic.He has my blessing as a job is a job and you only live once.

Face it he has a rep for this,but all footballers go on the piss etc as they are human and the world doesn't stop just because some thing he shouldn't do what he is doing.
Are you on a wind up here, Berkshire ?
If you're quite happy for the Albion players to carry on like a pub team off the pitch, then DON'T be surprised if they play like a pub team on the pitch. I don't give a flying f*** if Piercy or anyone else at the Albion is in his prime for "clubbing". If someone chooses the path of a professional footballer, then they should act like f***ing PROFESSIONALS.

When was the last time you saw Thierry Henry photographed half cut with his nose in a kebab ? Don't think they wouldn't be caught if they were, the tabloids would love nothing more than to catch a top player pissed up in a pub or club, or staggering out of a burger bar. But you just don't see that any more - at least not from the real pro's, only the washed-up has-beens.

Why can't we expect the same standards from our players ? Why, Berkshire, are you perfectly comfortable with the idea of Albion players out on the piss and in the kebab shops ? Cos I tell you what, there's not much else that would piss me off more than the knowledge that after another SHITE performance, some of our players were out on the lash followed by a good old session of junk food.

That just seperates the pro's from the two-bob tossers. And I don't much care for the Albion team being full of two-bob tossers. Sorry to rant on a bit, but this seems to have touched a nerve somewhat with me.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
John Piercy is a cock.

Went with a mate to watch the reserves play Ringmer in the cup a couple of months back.. The ball goes of for a corner he looks at me and says "ok mate i will get the fuckin ball"

Pissed me right of.

Brighton Boy said:
John Piercy is a cock.

Went with a mate to watch the reserves play Ringmer in the cup a couple of months back.. The ball goes of for a corner he looks at me and says "ok mate i will get the fuckin ball"

Pissed me right of.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Strike one for Piercy I say!

Easy is right in the abstract, but Albion Dan is right in saying that we shouldn't convict Piercy on the basis of a lot of 2 plus 2 equals 5 hearsay.

Having a few pints and a kebab now and then is not great but hardly devastating if you train properly.

The bit that makes me laugh is that argument that having a kebab makes you more vulnerable to being out for a few weeks with an ankle injury. Eh? Bit like being a Tory makes you more vulnerable to back injuries? Keep that tortured logic coming. :lolol:

Piercy is a very classy player and McGhee has done well to bring this out of him in the past few months. I definitely hope Piercy re-signs and has lots of salad with his kebabs.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Whilst I fully agree that SHISH kebabs are probably OK in moderation, I still think his attitude sucks.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Wise words on this threadfrpm Easy 10.

Albion Dan- Your defence of Piercy is very weak and i can't help thinking its clouded by the fact that you know him (you mentioned the connection to your sister).

I'd like to simply reiterate Easy's point. One minute he's captain of Spurs reserves and then he's joined us. Maybe that disrespects us but surely anyone with ambition would be looking at Div1. Football circles are pretty tight and you can bet the word was out that there is a flaw. This has nothing to do with curbing a young mans pleasure. He probably earns more money than most of us and accordingly its right that he makes sacrifices to this end.

Albion Rob

Yorkie said:
I don't but I do know that all last season Coppell wouldn't play him in the first team.

Now, why do you think that is?

To be fair, Yorkie, Coppell didn't play Adam Hinshelwood either, and that looks like a mistake.

IMHO, Piercy can do what he likes because football is a business and he will get found out soon enough, just like Stuart Myall did.

He has been a decent player for us this season and at the end of the day in 15 years time when we will be having the same debate over a player who is drinking their career away and whether they are up to whatever league we are in, Piercy may well be sat at home thinking of what his Albion (or professional football) career may have been as he reflacts on his DM League experience with Eastbourne Borough.

I hope he does well with us as I think he is good.

Albion Dan said:
figures you live in Eastbourne, I refer you to my prevous post! :jester:

Aren't you from there as well?! People in glass houses and all that. ;) I moved away at the first opportunity in 1997 and it's not through choice that I find myself back there.

Anyway, the point is Piercey is looking like wasting a brilliant talent. That's not only a shame for him (I'm not jealous of him, but am pretty certain I would use such talent to better effect), but it's taking the piss out of the club who pay for his lifestyle, and it's damn frustrating for the fans, who know what a good player he COULD be, but blatantly isn't.

Yes he's had a couple of alright games and scored a couple of goals, but that's not enough from a player of his talent over a season and a half. He SHOULD be the answer to our creative problems, scoring goals and setting more up. Our own Paul Scholes, if you like. Instead he's playing the odd game here and there and is nothing more than a squad player. f*** me, can you really say that Charlie Oatway has more natural talent?

You could say he's been unlucky with injuries, but the fitter you are the less little injuries you get. You don't need to be a doctor to figure that out.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I did not post about seeing Piercy in that kebab shop at the time because a). I forgot about it and b). did not know he had a "history" of this sort of thing until recently. I only posted what I SAW (not heard) simply because someone else started the thread and hearing he had done this again recently concerned me.

I just want to clear up, that I saw this incident LAST YEAR (September time I think) and that he was not drunk but legless. He was not loud or abusive and his mate ordered the two kebabs. If it was a one-off or rare event - fair enough. What pisses me off thinking about it is he was out of the team through fitness concerns, was overweight and did'nt look like he cared.

This season, he looks a different player. Fitter, leaner and McGhee has probably knocked some sense into him. I am disappointed to hear he was larging it up again according to the opening post on this thread, particularly as he is just coming back from an injury.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Easy 10 said:
Are you on a wind up here, Berkshire ?
If you're quite happy for the Albion players to carry on like a pub team off the pitch, then DON'T be surprised if they play like a pub team on the pitch. I don't give a flying f*** if Piercy or anyone else at the Albion is in his prime for "clubbing". If someone chooses the path of a professional footballer, then they should act like f***ing PROFESSIONALS.

When was the last time you saw Thierry Henry photographed half cut with his nose in a kebab ? Don't think they wouldn't be caught if they were, the tabloids would love nothing more than to catch a top player pissed up in a pub or club, or staggering out of a burger bar. But you just don't see that any more - at least not from the real pro's, only the washed-up has-beens.

Why can't we expect the same standards from our players ? Why, Berkshire, are you perfectly comfortable with the idea of Albion players out on the piss and in the kebab shops ? Cos I tell you what, there's not much else that would piss me off more than the knowledge that after another SHITE performance, some of our players were out on the lash followed by a good old session of junk food.

That just seperates the pro's from the two-bob tossers. And I don't much care for the Albion team being full of two-bob tossers. Sorry to rant on a bit, but this seems to have touched a nerve somewhat with me.
Look if the lad wants to eat kebabs and get pissed thats up to him its his life and he doesn't look to un-fit either compared to other players.
Food gets burnt off while training etc and beers are part of life.

You need to realise that football isn't everything to players and they do have a social life,so why should he sit back and watch the best days of his life go by and start living in his 30s.

You all make it out that he is on the piss 24/7 and lets face it does anybody know enough to turn on him like this?

Mc ghee seems happy with him and see's him as a huge player now,so if he is un-fit and has a huge attitude mc ghee wouldn't play him full stop.

:shootself :drink:

berkshire seagull said:
Look if the lad wants to eat kebabs and get pissed thats up to him its his life and he doesn't look to un-fit either compared to other players.
Food gets burnt off while training etc and beers are part of life.

You need to realise that football isn't everything to players and they do have a social life,so why should he sit back and watch the best days of his life go by and start living in his 30s.

Fair enough, but if that's his attitude then he should f*** off and get a job as a bricky.

Professional footballers are paid a HELL of a lot of money, and they're paid it to keep in prime condition and play football to the best of their ability (of which Piercey undoubtabley has lots). Getting hammered and eating shite is not going to be helpful in doing this.
You repeat yourself (again) with the old 'best days of his life' line. The bloke's got a choice. He either decides that we wants to play League football then he has to make the necessary sacrifices. Ask anyone in a 'gifted' profession, certain sacrifices need to be made.

Take me in my job. I'm pretty good at it but if I sit on the internet all day then I won't be so good and my boss then has a right to have a go at me. It's no use me turning around and saying "but I'm naturally gifted at this, and if I can't use the internet then what's the point me being here?". If I said that I'd be out on my ear. It's the same with Piercey. He knows what's expected of him in his job, if he doesn't stick to it then he deserves to be pulled up and questioned.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Agree with Easy and Safeway, the bloke gets well paid for a job that most of us would pay the club for but inturn, we have the riight to expect more comittment off the field.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
he doesn't look to un-fit either compared to other players.

Thought you'd stopped going so how would you know???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Players who can't look after themselves are dickheads. Assuming Piercey is this sort of muppet, then why can't he moderate his diet - if I'm paying £25 a ticket, I want to see an athlete, not a plump wheezing lard arse who happens to be a slightly better than a park player.

Berkshire, are you for real? So you can accept a player who couldn't give a toss about short changing his customers. Fine, that's up to you. I'll remind you of that fact next time you have a whinge at assylum seekers coming here, who invariably end up working hard in crap jobs.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Easy 10 said:
The best players are the best players for a reason. The TRUE professionals absolutely HAVE to look after themselves, their clubs insist on it, otherwise they are shipped out before very long. Off the top of my head at the very top level then:

List A: The Pro's

Thierry Henry
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Roy Keane
Paul Scholes
Frank Lampard

List B: The Pissheads

Lee Sharp
Paul McGrath
Charlie Nicholas
Gazza
Paul Merson

There's a massive difference between those players. About 10 years ago, English football woke up to the fact that the reason England, and English football, was so far behind the rest of Europe, was because continental players looked after themselves. Their whole diet and lifestyle was geared around their football careers. THAT is why the top players at the top clubs absolutely HAVE to adhere to a strict code of conduct when it comes to what they eat and what they drink. They are paid obscene amounts of money for this, so they accept it. If they don't adhere, then see list B.

Which list would Tony Adams be in ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here