Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piercey Acting Like A Twat!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If this stuff about Piercy is true, then he is taking you, me and everyone else at the club for mugs, and as far as I'm concerned, he can f*** right off. Professional footballers lead a life most people can only dream of. They are well paid for playing professionally, and they should consider it a privilege that they're not slogging away in offices or factories 8 hours a day for a fraction of the wage.

The payback for that is that they have to make SACRIFICES. That means that during the football season, they do NOT go out regularly on the lash, and they do NOT stuff themselves with junk food. They are supposed to be professional athletes - that is what they are paid to do, they should be responsible enough to look after themselves so that they are in the best possible condition physically to play football.

They've got every summer to indulge themselves (within reason). Its a short career, so players like Piercy should make the most of it while they can rather than pissing it up against the wall. I've often wondered why he hasn't had more 1st team chances under previous managers - well if there's any truth in this thread, then its pretty bloody obvious really. Two-bob wasters going through the motions is not what I want to see at the Albion. I hope Piercy doesn't fall into that bracket, but it does explain a lot...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
give it a rest easy, you are falling for this shit big time

I can guarantee you that piercy has done nothing worse than your avg young player, look at the headlines about roasting ffs!

Bloke has a couple of lagers and eats a kebab, f***ing big deal!

This thread is a joke and lets face facts, Piercy has produced the goods last few appearences and thats what counts, get a grip!:angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Albion Dan said:
give it a rest easy, you are falling for this shit big time

I can guarantee you that piercy has done nothing worse than your avg young player, look at the headlines about roasting ffs!

Bloke has a couple of lagers and eats a kebab, f***ing big deal!

This thread is a joke and lets face facts, Piercy has produced the goods last few appearences and thats what counts, get a grip!:angry:
Bollocks to that. Players young or not, have got the rest of their lives after their careers to f*** about in pubs and clubs getting pissed up and stuffing themselves full of crap. But if they're doing that during their careers, then they are short-changing the likes of you and me by not being in the best possible condition. That should be the absolute MINIMUM requirement of a professional footballer. How many times is Piercy having a couple of lagers and a kebab ? Now and again, or is this something regular ?

I don't have the facts to answer that. But going by his fitness levels, injury record, and the number of appearances he's managed to make for us, not to mention that he's gone from Premiership reserves to Division Two reserves in one move, it paints a bit of a picture, dontcha think ?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Top words, Easy.

They have to remember who is paying their wages. As a form of shareholder in each player, we - the fans - have the right to demand a certain sense of discipline for our investment.

Of course, if he was being paid f*** all, that's a different matter, isn't it?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
f***ing hell, this whole thread based on a pile of shit gossip anf rumour that neither iof you have any factual evidence to believe and you join the lybnching mob. I gurantee you 90% of players from premier to div 3 enjoy a beer and yes even that evilest of food substances the KEBAB.

Piercy has been quality when hes played, you cant deny it, if your argument wasnt so laughable itd be traggic.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:

So hang on - coz he's not f***ing 3 birds in a drug hazed gang bang, he's a saint?!

While he isnt nearly as bad as your average newcastle player (alledgedly), I still agree that he's going the right way about pissing his career up the wall.

Its a shame, coz (as someone else said) he does have outstanding natural ability! I'd give my left leg to be good enough to play second division footy in the stripes. Although, removing my left leg would probably restrict me to a place on the bench...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You're missing the point Albion Dan.

The points raised are on a supposition that an Albion player has been, in summary, 'over-doing' it. If he hasn't - great. But certain people are claiming certain things. However much he is being paid, and even if it is half that amount, the Albion can ill-afford to carry anyone, let alone someone whose shortcomings are self-inflicted.

The defence of his 'crime' (that he is no worse than any or many others) is wide of the mark. How much he eats or drinks compared to others is irrelevant - it's how much he eats or drinks that is good for him that's important.

I am not referring specifically to Piercy, but to any Albion professional who may think that merely picking up wages is good enough for the supporters.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree with Easy

Professional sportsmen have a duty to look after themselves and provide a decent level of fitness.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
You trying to say that every sportsperson shouldn't drink or eat kebabs:lolol: if the man wants to get hammered and eat shite thats his choice and if the club don't like it then they can do something about it.
Peircy is at his prime for clubbing etc and to think he should wait til he's in his 30s to enjoy himself is pathetic.He has my blessing as a job is a job and you only live once.

Face it he has a rep for this,but all footballers go on the piss etc as they are human and the world doesn't stop just because some thing he shouldn't do what he is doing.

A player who does this all the time and yet one of the most improved players we have,so give him a rest as he's only human.:clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Berk

He can have a rest - on the dole queue

if he's not fit for the job let him find another one

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
Berk

He can have a rest - on the dole queue

if he's not fit for the job let him find another one
Your clutching straws and talking nonsence as he is a local lad who drinks local,but do you know what the other players get up to in there time?

???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't but I do know that all last season Coppell wouldn't play him in the first team.

Now, why do you think that is?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
I don't but I do know that all last season Coppell wouldn't play him in the first team.

Now, why do you think that is?
Yeah but you always get players left on the sidelines,but face it he scores goals and has improved a lot and has creativity.

You take him out whats left shite:shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought (could well be wrong) he had a a two year contract in September 2002. That would be Hinshelwood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here